RMMV We Few - Prototype

Discussion in 'Ideas and Prototypes' started by Ruth Studio, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Ruth Studio

Ruth Studio Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I want to undertake in creating my first Commercial Game. As I'm bouncing off ideas I wanted to reach out to the RPG Maker community. My hopes are to have it out in January 2019 on sites like Itch.io and Steam. I think it would be an accomplishment to get the game on GoG.com with their standards being higher for RPG Maker Games.

I also considered Crowdfunding for this game to invest in graphics, music, scripting and editing services to enhance the game and story. But, with or without crowdfunding this game will be completed.

• Game Mechanics: I want to create an interactive Fiction like 'To the Moon'. There are no levels, leveling up, grinding, equipment or battles. I commented out the HP/MP/TP from the code. At the moment the menu system has an only Save and Options Tab. I'll probably add a Quest Log in later. Again my emphasis is on the story and puzzles.

• Story: The story is about a Priest named Johanna Lodge. In his youth, he served with a Vampire Eradication group. As he is nearing the end of his life, he starts to reminisce about the sins of his past.
    Men who perform notorious acts state “It was what I was ordered to do”. Can a person ever be forgiven? Do they have the right to be forgiven? Can a person ever make up for what he or she has done in the past? These are the questions Johanna wrestles with each day.

• Setting and World Development: I wanted to give this game a Gothic feel. High contrast, fog, and Black and White. The music will be that of a Victorian Gothic style to complement the atmosphere.
    Let me know what you think. I've been torn between black and white or color? If you have any suggestions or comments.

The images below are rough mapping and graphics ideas. They'll definitely be changed over time.

Attached Files:

Canini likes this.
  2. Fujimaru

Fujimaru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    The game in black and white can have its charm, it's an idea to test for me.

3. Finnuval

Finnuval World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Black and white can make for a much more dramatic feeling game and what I get from the story that's what you are aiming for so I would go with that. Perhaps have some splashes of colour here and there in some seens, for instance bright red for blood (if there is any) in cut-scenes etc. or looking at the picture of the graveyard having a bright red coloured rose laying on one of the graves ( if important to the story) or maybe having a very faint deep-blue hue over the background and only the characters in true black and white.
    Anyway, these things came to mind as I saw this and I thought I'ld share them. However what I see so far I like :cutesmile: Keep up the good work!

4. barnzie8

barnzie8 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Honestly not a fan of the black and white in games. Having it for a full game would be too much for me.