[WE NEED MAPERS, PLEASE! :)] Engwer Chronicles - Volume I.

JeffreyMoon92

Future Pro Wrestling Grand Slam Champion
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
[IMG]http://s16.postimg.org/86xnv1wg5/engwer1.png[/IMG]
Last update
08.05.2014: Added "Honourable Contributors"
 ​
Backstory
Engwer was once a glorious kingdom of safety, wealth and well being. Respected by his enemies, loved by his friends. Unfortunately, every empire meets its fate. An unknown force of the south has risen, later called the Nightlings. These creatures from another dimension has devoured the southern princehoods and attacked Engwer with full force. Countless souls were lost in the war, nobles and peasants alike. The last and most desperate battle occurred at the fort of Wywern, built on the edge of the deepest canyon of Engwer, and the last bastion of light. Two noble warriors, Adenoyd of House Suller and Helder of House Muunen were sent out on a mission by his Majesty. Their task was to bring a dozen of soul stones (source of magic) into the Citadel and perform a blood sacrifice (basically it is considered to be dark magic). Though a few drops of blood would have been enough, Adenoyd Suller was found dead by the hands of Helder Muunen, thus saving Engwer.

Finally, in 1264, the 7th day of Summer, the Nightling horde has been stopped.

The hatred between the two families, however, raged on.

Story
We pick up the story exactly 70 years later. Wyvern is preparing for the celebration of the Holy Beacon Day. The lady of the city, Odryth Suller invites every significant nobles to the celebration, except the Muunens. Two young nobles Aaron and Marius of House Muunen think otherwise and arrive at the party. The younger one, Aaron has a bold plan which might be the first step toward piece between the two families, and thus, unity in the kingdom. However the plan is ruined by some unexpected events and the real adventure begins...

Main Characters

Aaron Muunen

Second son to Adwik Muunen, Lord of Muunengrad. A bright and talented fighter who is seeking peace between the Muunens and the Sullers. He fought recently in a civil wars in the west voluntary, the reasons are unknown. He loses control easily, especially in battle, but he is extremely loyal to his name.

Odryth Suller

Lady of Wywern, the people call her the "Rose in the South". She is extremely clever and obedient, yet she is a great dreamer. She rarely leaves the city. Odryth has fallen in love with the king's first champion, and is determined to seduce him. Yet she doesn't know that fate has a twist to her.

Armon the Faceless

Once a prominent member of the Guild of the Faceless, Armon is a freelance monster hunter. He is still carrying his glass-core sword given by his order. Trained fighter and tracker and has limited knowledge of alchemy. He is currently held captive in an unknown place.

Zillka

Of unknown origin, Zillka is a deadly assassin. She prefers throwing knives and shortbow to close quarter combat. Her skills and weaponry allows her to take on dozens and dozens of regular soldiers. Her people are extremely religious and Zillka is no exception either.

Other Characters (WIP)

Marius Muunen

First son to Adwik Muunen, Aaron's brother and heir to Muunengrad. He was ordered by their father to go with Aaron. Aaron and Marius are not related by blood, Marius was born to another noble lady, Adwik Muunen's first wife. Marius' dream is to see Engwer in it's full glory and strength.

Ser Myl Phillon

First champion of the King of Engwer, Commander of the Royal Bodyguards and subject to Odryth's adoration. He is a well trained fighter in his mid thirties, but some consider him as a living legend already. He came to Wywern as the appointed royal embassy.

Millah

Helper of Armon the Faceless. She is responsible for his partner's potions and poisons. She looks like a seven year old but her words and attitude are showing that she is far more mature than others of her age.

Mythology of Engwer and the Holy Beacon

There are no gods or divines in a classical meaning in the mythology of Engwer. There is only one sacred entity they respect: the Holy Beacon. The Holy Beacon represents the source of life. Each spark represents one soul, which glows for a generation and distinguishes in the end. Some sparks (souls) however, are privileged. They are immune to magical harm and can cure others of any disease. They are referred to as "Blessed Sparks" or "Blessed Souls". With training, they could use magic more efficiently.

​
-Behind the scenes-
Though this is my first project in this "industry", I have created this world about half a year ago. I have tried to plant my idea into written form (novel or a series of short stories) and I was even toying with the idea to convert it into a script for movie making purposes, none of them was satisfíing enough. So I decided to make a game! :D

Progress (mainly pre-production and testing)
Story - 100%​
Dialogues - 57%​
 ​
Concept arts

Blood spawn concept art by Lung

[IMG]http://www.gdunlimited.net/media/games/games/181/screenshots/260.jpg[/IMG]

​

The Team
(hyphens do not represent the number of free posts)​

Writers
(basically looking for co-writers, since I have a more or less solid story outline. Any creative addition to the story is appreciated. Also for dialogues)​
Silent Darkness (proofreading)​
-​
-​
-​
-​
 ​
 ​
Spriter Artists (for battler sheets and cutscenes)
(Here comes the cheating part. For the side view battle system, I plan to use the method based on Holder Animated Battlers. If not possible to create brand new sprites, you may modify the charset like I tried. Note that I basically use the Loose Leaf Generator)​
-​
-​
-​
-​
 ​
Artists (for title screens and cutscenes)
(By Cutscenes I mean still images which aim to enhance the importance of certain dialogues)​
Lung @deviantart (Creature artworks and cutscenes) ​
-​
-​
-​
 ​
Music composers
-​
-​
-​
-​
 ​
Mappers
(This one is a bit tricky. As I mentioned above, I would like to use the two-tile-high method. Also, I plan to use parallax techniques with a few animations here or there for dynamic objects [flags, lights, etc.])​
-​
-​
-​
-​
 ​
Scripters
(For making gameplay features. Also note that the very core of the "engine" is based on the scripts of Victor Sant, [listed here])​
-​
-​
-​
-​
 ​
Eventers
(For ingame cutscenes and some more difficult quests)​
-​
-​
-​
-​
 ​
Voice actors (pending)
(At first I didn't plan to use voice actors, but I think it would emphasize some characteristics big time.)​
[Roles will be posted later. Both main and supporting.]​
-​
-​
-​
-​
 ​
Honourable contributors

Reminder:

Hyphens do not represent the number of free posts, I welcome new faces during development too. :)

For "payment"

I will gladly help you with writing in your future projects. In urgent cases I can do some voice acting! :)

Every participant will receive the project files of the game

You will be credited (...duh)

You will have a warranted place in the team for possible sequels

Application

I don't have a specific date in mind for recruitment closing, but I would like to start working on the project in September. Note that since I'm a university undergraduate, I won't be able to answer immediately.

Respond to this topic if you are interested and I will PM you with the details. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ultim

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
A
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello,

I can offer you my writing & Eventing services.I'm an experienced Eventer.And I can be a co-writer too.PM me the details and I'll be happy to help :)

JeffreyMoon92

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
Hello,

I can offer you my writing & Eventing services.I'm an experienced Eventer.And I can be a co-writer too.PM me the details and I'll be happy to help :)
PM's away! :)

JeffreyMoon92

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
bump

Also: Updated the story section to give a deeper insight into the world of the project

JeffreyMoon92

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses

JeffreyMoon92

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
Added Conept Arts :)

Earthtian

how can you prove you exist...? Maybe we don't exi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey these sounds pretty cool! but I can't map sorry...the prob is I have my own project I am currently working that requires a lot of time. If I have a chance though I would like to join!

JeffreyMoon92

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
Hey these sounds pretty cool! but I can't map sorry...the prob is I have my own project I am currently working that requires a lot of time. If I have a chance though I would like to join!
As I mentioned earlier, I do not intend to close the recruitment, so others can jpin during projects! :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Just thought I'd share how my battlers are looking for my 4 main characters. From left to right... Ashlyn the brave fighter, Lizzabelle the peaceful mage, Suki the thief, Saedra the not-so-peaceful mage.

pLZHVLI.png
Power to the Game Make!
ok by this weekend I WILL finally need alpha testers for Backstage: murdered sleep because it's got enough content at this point I want to get it on Steam Early Access ASAP (2/22/2022 would be a cool release date if I can make it).

By all means volunteer here, sure, but where else should I be looking?
1643337839651.png
Randomly trying to make some butcher shop tiles for MZ :3
Current menu of Shadows of the Earth: The Vrila'an Legend. Currently taking a break from combat related mechanics. Hope i get the actor busts done before the day ends :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flux159