hacksider

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just want to is if someone already ported the weak enemy plugin or is there something similar in Yanfly RMMV as it is the only one I really need to proceed in my concept game. Hopefully someone can help me on this.

The concept is the image changes as the enemy takes damage.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
Just want to is if someone already ported the weak enemy plugin or is there something similar in Yanfly RMMV as it is the only one I really need to proceed in my concept game. Hopefully someone can help me on this.

The concept is the image changes as the enemy takes damage.
do you have the yanfly MV version you mentioned?? if yes maybe try using that in MZ. because sometimes plugin that written for MV can work fine in MZ... especially if the plugin did not draw windows and use plugin command.

that plugin is paid plugin though... if you did not have it then maybe need another solution :D.
hope this help.

hacksider

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMMV
do you have the yanfly MV version you mentioned?? if yes maybe try using that in MZ. because sometimes plugin that written for MV can work fine in MZ... especially if the plugin did not draw windows and use plugin command.

that plugin is paid plugin though... if you did not have it then maybe need another solution :D.
hope this help.
I still have it when Yanfly is still giving it for free before he suddenly makes it paid last october. Thanks! Never knew MV plugins will still work on MZ

hacksider

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMMV

hope this help.
Did try it, the battle core plugin is heavily dependent on draw windows... Thanks anyways! Will wait for others in case others also have solution on this :) Appreciate the help though @estriole !

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
Did try it, the battle core plugin is heavily dependent on draw windows... Thanks anyways! Will wait for others in case others also have solution on this :) Appreciate the help though @estriole !
try this code snippet
Code:
var Game_Enemy_battlerNameWeakEnemy = Game_Enemy.prototype.battlerName;
Game_Enemy.prototype.battlerName = function() {
    return Game_Enemy_battlerNameWeakEnemy.call(this) + this.battlerSuffix();
};

Game_Enemy.prototype.battlerSuffix = function() {
    this._battlerSuffix = "";
    if (this.hp <= this.mhp * 50/100 && this.getRequireSuffix()) this._battlerSuffix = "_weak";
    return this._battlerSuffix;
};

Game_Enemy.prototype.getRequireSuffix = function() {
    if (!$dataEnemies[this._enemyId]) return false;
    if (!$dataEnemies[this._enemyId].note.match(/<weak_form>/im)) return false;
    return true;
};
tag your enemy that have weak form in the notetags with <weak_form>
then in your img/sv_enemies folder... add the weak enemy image with same name as enemies but added _weak at the end.

ex:
Gnome.png
Gnome_weak.png

this is simple code snippet though... it also only have one "weak form" at below 50% max hp...
if you want to change it to 10% for example... change the 50/100 to 10/100 (don't use 10% because it will throw error. % is not percent in javascript code but modulus)

and i did not test it extensively. tell me if you encounter any problem.
if you need multiple "weak" form (example change at 50%, 30%, 10%) tell me about it and i will add the code.
hope this help.

edit: modify the code a little bit to use alias instead of overwrite to avoid incompatibility.

edit2: i made it a proper plugin instead.

it support multiple stages of weak form... as much as you want... you can add it in plugin parameter :D.
hope this help.

Last edited:

hacksider

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks! Will check this out! And inform you of the progress I've done! Thanks @estriole !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Evil7 added!

I did a bit of a remake on one of the maps, also I made a particle for jumping into the portal, and one for traveling through the portal. I'll probably add more sparkles later to embellish it. :LZSwink:
Polished the animation and added details :kaojoy:
Ami
What do you think about the Wood Bridge inside of Volcano?
Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdramose