Weapon and Armor Boosts Without Directly Raising STR and DEF

Discussion in 'Game Mechanics Design' started by BloodletterQ, Feb 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. BloodletterQ

BloodletterQ Chaotic Neutral Assassin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Rather than simply boosting these basic stats, what are alternate uses of equipment most of you are 

-I thought that with Yanfly's Weapon Unleash, perhaps each attack's strength could be based off a separate base damage? 

-In my plans, higher level equipment has more item slots for Yanfly's plugin.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2016
    HeathRiley likes this.
  2. Wavelength

Wavelength Pre-Merge Boot Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Always a nice topic to think about - interesting equipment makes for more interesting games!

Among a few of the cooler things that some equipment can do in my current project timeblazer:

• Provide access to free, extremely strong skills that can only be used once per battle
    • Grant bonuses (e.g. State apply, MP restore, or Item gain) when landing a Critical Hit
    • Change the behavior of the actor's Guard Skill
    • Trigger effects under certain circumstances (e.g. automatically heal party a bit when the wearer is at low HP, or boost the wearer's magic the turn after using a basic attack)
    • Provide much higher stats than other equipment, but cause a malus effect (e.g. start battle in a Berserk state, or lose HP each turn)

Riff and HeathRiley like this.