limsoonchiong

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi, does anyone know if we are allowed to call the weapons animation during gameplay and not during battle? I would like my character to use axe animation on a tree, to show that he is cutting a tree. Right now, I am using animation for this and during the cut scene, he is just standing there and the tree has a slash animation. Thinking of how to improve it.

Guy_Fightmaster

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Assuming I understood you correctly, the slashing animation occurring on your tree should be the same ones utilized in battle, such as your weapons animations.

As for making your scene more interesting, suppose the character is facing up towards the tree. You could have the character turn right and then turn up just before the slash animation on the tree to look like they are swinging the ax. Then copy/paste an existing animation to be edited to an empty animation field, and edit the sound effect to make a chopping sound instead of a sword sound. That's how I would do it. It's slightly less boring than a character standing there while the animation repeats. I hope this helps.

HarlekinLehl

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nvm what I said, I misread it for MV instead.

limsoonchiong

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the suggestion. In my MZ battle, when I attack using an AXE, the battler actually swing his AXE. On the map, I can't seem to find a way to do it.

Guy_Fightmaster

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah okay, sorry did not see that this was an MZ request and I too misread the request as MV.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am already planning some games to make in Unite... I hope it gets a solid release date soon!
Remember to do even 0,01% progress on your game today! You can!
Watched a video of a kid in China leaning against a giant ceramic teletuby statue (valued at nearly $4000 apparently) in a toy store and everyone arguing whether it's the parents or the store's fault. I'm just sitting up wondering why anyone would make a giant ceramic toddler toy in the first place other than to deliberately cause exactly that from happening in the first place though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arrow_Legion