Llareian

Jack of All Trades, Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone. I want to verify that what I think I'm experiencing is true. If an armor's "Armor Type" or a weapon's "Weapon Type" is set to "None", does that mean it cannot be equipped by anyone?

I had expected type of "None" to mean it could be equipped by everyone. It seems instead that if, for example, I want everyone to be able to equip all accessories, I have to make an Armor Type for "Accessories", assign that type to all the accessories, and make sure everyone has "Equip Armor: Accessories" enabled somewhere.

Is this an intended feature? Why even have the "None" type if this is the case?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You are correct, if it is set to None then it cannot be equipped.

Earlier engines have this as well, so I assume it is intended. I have used it very occasionally when, for plot reasons, a piece of gear is found, but I don't want it to be equippable.

I've not found it to be a problem, because unless I want everyone to be able to equip everything (which I don't, as I don't want e.g. a Mage to be able to equip the Titan Armor of Resistance and I usually have some things that can be equipped only by one specific actor) I am assigning types anyway.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Most probably they simply re-used the code from the skill type selection. That would make things easier for a programmer, and in the case of skill types the "none" setting was always needed to set a skill exclusively for enemy use.

Llareian

Jack of All Trades, Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you, @Kes and @Andar ! I had not thought of those situations. I'd consider this one answered/solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

3am me: So how do you feel about a character inviting their own character portrait to a tea party? =D

3pm me: //facepalms
I turned 17 two months ago and I feel like I've grown (personality-wise) more in this 1 year than all the 16 years I had lived combined.
Ugh, I may have been cumbersomely eventing a bunch of stuff I could have easily done changing the tileset "Passage (4 dir)" and "Ladder" options. Oops :D
I have no idea why some of the program "splash screen" always on top. E.g, RMMZ loading screen stuck on the top blocking anything I want to do until it fully loaded. What is even the purpose?
One of the secret places in the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
silvake1543