Not open for further replies.

BuggleStrug

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, basically I'm trying to use one of Yanfly's scripts (Weapon attack change) in one of my projects, but no matter what I do I can't seem to get it to work. I've tried re ordering the scripts under materials, I've tried deleting and re-pasting the script into the project,and I've triple checked to make sure the note tag on the actor was right, but it would still set the actor's attack skill to the default attack. What am I doing wrong here?

Attachments

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
please do not make IDs with leading zeroes.

The correct ID is 11, not 011

Other than that please give a link to the script so that we can check how it is supposed to work

BuggleStrug

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
please do not make IDs with leading zeroes.

The correct ID is 11, not 011

Other than that please give a link to the script so that we can check how it is supposed to work
Apologies. The only reason I put a leading zero on is because it didn't work even when the ID was just 11.

Also, here's a link to the github page with the script:

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The script comment says this will be the attack skill if no weapon is equipped. IS there a weapon equipped?

Are you playing from a saved game, or did you start a new game after adding that note tag? You need to start a new game.

BuggleStrug

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The script comment says this will be the attack skill if no weapon is equipped. IS there a weapon equipped?

Are you playing from a saved game, or did you start a new game after adding that note tag? You need to start a new game.
Well, I've tried starting a new game and unequipping all weapons, but still nothing. Also, I didn't think it would matter if a weapon is equipped unless that weapon also has an attack changing note tag.

Edit: Scratch that, it ended up working after all. Thanks!

Last edited:

BuggleStrug

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Note: Please disregard my last post. The script did end up working after I started a new game. It just didn't change the name of the Attack Command.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Benku wrote on Magnus0808's profile.
Hey man you helped me out a long time ago with a plugin i was wondering if you can help me out one more time since its literally the last thing i need help with if not is cool but id figured id ask you one more soild.
Stream will be live shortly with a guest stream! Tonight, a new guest joins~ Feel free to drop by!
Finally told my boss I need a day off. Tomorrow will be my first in 23 days.
Kind of a goofy question but has the pandemic inspired you in any way?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laser_Kirin