Weapon attributes that only affect the “attack” option.

mkrudesign

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want to create a weapon that specifically modifies the standard “attack” skill (skill 1 in my database). When I add attributes (in this case, high critical hit chance and low accuracy) it affects all skills the character has while equipped, including skills that are certain hits. As you can imagine, this creates incredibly unbalanced gameplay and renders the standard attack lackluster.

What should I do to make it so that only the standard attack is affected by the weapon’s attributes?

Thanks in advance.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you'll need a plugin for attack skill replacement.
set it up so that this specific weapon uses a different skill on attack, and then custom-set the values for that skill instead of the general attack value.

yanfly has such a plugin and there are others, but I don't have the links.

mkrudesign

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you'll need a plugin for attack skill replacement.
set it up so that this specific weapon uses a different skill on attack, and then custom-set the values for that skill instead of the general attack value.

yanfly has such a plugin and there are others, but I don't have the links.
I have yanfly’s complete collection. Do you happen to know the name of the plugin?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you happen to know the name of the plugin?
What Andar was referencing is the Weapon Unleash plugin.

I would offer an unasked for suggestion - you may want to take a little time and figure out how to make your standard attack balanced/appealing compared to any of your other skills.

If that is true with normal stats, and the weapon buffs apply to all skills equally, then it should still be true that attack is a viable alternative with those improvements.

However, if what you're going for is specifically a weapon that enhances Attack, that plugin is one way.

There are really several ways to approach it, but I don't see a reason to muddy the waters by throwing them all out there :stickytongue:

mkrudesign

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What Andar was referencing is the Weapon Unleash plugin.

I would offer an unasked for suggestion - you may want to take a little time and figure out how to make your standard attack balanced/appealing compared to any of your other skills.

If that is true with normal stats, and the weapon buffs apply to all skills equally, then it should still be true that attack is a viable alternative with those improvements.

However, if what you're going for is specifically a weapon that enhances Attack, that plugin is one way.

There are really several ways to approach it, but I don't see a reason to muddy the waters by throwing them all out there :stickytongue:
Normally, the standard attack is fine for dealing out damage with no cost to the player’s MP. The issue arises when they equip a weapon that is balanced around having high critical hit with low accuracy, and being able to circumvent the downside by using skills that dont take accuracy into account or hit multiple times.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Fair enough. Good luck!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I think that this forum's member posts should include their Phone Number and Social Insurance Number.
My PC just broke with everything I've been working on, on it. I can't afford to replace it. Life is just wonderful....
More musics! Praise be to the winter towns!
i've had the ace attorney investigation theme stuck in my head ever since i woke up TT__TT
more opening cinematic work but i took out the text so you have no context AHAHAHAHAHA >:]]
image.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daydreamslug