Schloops

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Does anyone know of a script or some way of setting a weapon so that it can't be used every turn in battle?

I know that Yanfly has a script but it's for skills, and I'm looking specifically for weapons.

I'm trying to set up a set of pistols as weapons, and I want to make it so that one of the drawbacks to using it is that there is a pretty hefty cooldown, kind of like it has to be reloaded or re-cocked.

Any ideas?

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
None that I know of.. Weapons are equipped and normally not changed during battles so...

Schloops

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hmmm, I just had an idea.

I created a state (images attached) that is applied to the user (hopefully) that should keep the player from attacking for a few turns.

Will this work, do you think?

State Page.png

Weapon Page.png

Rinobi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
No. The "reloading" state will be applied to the enemy.

Edit: I noticed that your weapon adds a skill to the actor. If you wanted, you could add your reloading state to the actor upon using the skill with a damage formula.

Formula: a.add_state(15); a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2 

Last edited by a moderator:

Schloops

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Darn it, I was afraid of that.

I'm trying to make it so that the weapon hits all enemies.

This is getting more complicated than I expected.

Sorry, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that. Where would I input the formula?

Edit: Wait, I might have figured it out!

I used Yanfly's Weapon Attack Replace script and set the weapon to automatically use the skill that attacks all enemies.

Then, I set that skill to have a cooldown rate using Yanfly's Skill Restriction script, and I think it might have worked! 

I'll have to do some more testing tomorrow, but it currently looks like Yanfly's scripts fixed all of my problems.

Thanks!

Rinobi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
When you go to  your "Skills" tab, it's on the upper right corner under "Type" and "Element".

The "Formula" text box of your "Bombardment" skill used to determine a skill's damage/healing output. Adding a.add_state(15); in front your damage formula, will add state #15 to the user of the skill.

If you're not familiar with damage formulas, I recommend you visit a few links and read up on them. They're very useful for custom skills.

http://rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_Formula_Reference_Guide

http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/8986-skill-ideas-you-can-do-with-custom-formula/

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/1143-how-to-make-the-most-of-custom-formulae-part-1/

Schloops

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks, Rinobi, I'll do that.

You've probably just saved me from hours of future hassles.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think it's ready - Chapter Selection:
unknown.png
On another more gaming topic, I paid 20 bucks for a visual novel to emotionally destroy me. I may write an entry about that.
1638611395177.png
Reading about metaverses recently. I can totally imagine myself in the future, logging in with VR glasses to a virtual beach villa sitting in a virtual chair, with a virtual laptop facing the sea...coding 16-bit RM.
Mod name: "[Game name] Gameplay Overhaul"
What they actually mean: "Here is a mod that makes the game harder."
I decided to reinstall one of my most favourite game of all times, Gothic 2. Time to get back to Khorinis!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew_smith