Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(For reference: http://himeworks.com/2016/02/weapon-damage/)

I am looking for someone who can make an extension to the attached plugin. What I am seeking is a means of increasing or decreasing weapon damage via various effects, such as Equipment or States.
An example of what I'm looking for would be something like:
<weapon damage>
+3 damage
</weapon damage>

or

<weapon damage>
+10% damage
</weapon damage>

or

Any other way the creator sees fit to make a notetag

(of course, these should be able to be negative values as well, to decrease the weapon damage)

The base plugin is great, but it does not allow for much flexibility, unfortunately.
Ideally, I would like this to be able to be put on Equipment (it might be silly to be able to have a weapon that increases weapon damage when the weapon already has weapon damage tied to it, but for consistency, might as well do it), including weapons and armors, as well as States, to allow for effects that can boost your weapon damage dealt.

xDRAGOONx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Check this out!

• ODevil

July 4, 2016 at 2:26 pm

Is it possible to make armor increase weapon damage as well?

• Hime

July 6, 2016 at 3:58 pm

Is the bonus based on the weapon checking what you’re wearing?

• ODevil

July 7, 2016 at 5:08 pm

No, It would have been a flat increase to damage.
        In this scenario the weapon is a laser gun (dual-wield) and the armor being an energy core that increases the damage of energy damage.
        I’m fairly new to RM so I might not have fully understood what you just said though ._.

• Hime

July 12, 2016 at 11:13 am

You can use a formula to check whether that armor is equipped. How that condition is written will depend on what plugins you might have installed, but assuming you don’t have any special plugins that changes the way equips are handled, you could say
          if (a.armors().contains($dataArmors[14])) {
          }
          else {
          }
          This means that if armor 14 is equipped, the weapon will deal 100 damage. Otherwise, it will deal 10 damage.
          What this logic means is having that specific armor equipped will give the weapon a damage bonus.

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Check this out!

• ODevil

July 4, 2016 at 2:26 pm

Is it possible to make armor increase weapon damage as well?

• Hime

July 6, 2016 at 3:58 pm

Is the bonus based on the weapon checking what you’re wearing?

• ODevil

July 7, 2016 at 5:08 pm

No, It would have been a flat increase to damage.
        In this scenario the weapon is a laser gun (dual-wield) and the armor being an energy core that increases the damage of energy damage.
        I’m fairly new to RM so I might not have fully understood what you just said though ._.

• Hime

July 12, 2016 at 11:13 am

You can use a formula to check whether that armor is equipped. How that condition is written will depend on what plugins you might have installed, but assuming you don’t have any special plugins that changes the way equips are handled, you could say
          if (a.armors().contains($dataArmors[14])) {
          }
          else {
          }
          This means that if armor 14 is equipped, the weapon will deal 100 damage. Otherwise, it will deal 10 damage.
          What this logic means is having that specific armor equipped will give the weapon a damage bonus.
that's great and all, but that certainly sounds like an insane amount of effort to achieve something that could probably be simply done by notetags. not to mention, that only accounts for armor. although it could probably be adapted to also account for states as well, that's still a lot of work. sounds like a lot of IF statements.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not only armor like: ($dataArmors[14])
also weapons: ($dataWeapons[14])
or even items: ($dataItems[14])

but if you use any of YEP plugins like action sequency, this might be even possible.
you have to read the helpfile or any of YEP battle plugins to see what is possible.

if none works in the way you need it, you might, it needs a plugin or an addon to it.
addon might be easier, but who knows.

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not only armor like: ($dataArmors[14])
also weapons: ($dataWeapons[14])
or even items: ($dataItems[14])

but if you use any of YEP plugins like action sequency, this might be even possible.
you have to read the helpfile or any of YEP battle plugins to see what is possible.

if none works in the way you need it, you might, it needs a plugin or an addon to it.
addon might be easier, but who knows.
I think an add on would be most ideal, hopefully someone won't mind whipping one up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Got a nice little platform coming along backwards compatible with MV.
I'm so amazed at this ABS plugin for MV. This is a plugin that can literally fulfill my biggest game dreams, creating an Ultima VII-like game. Below is a video of a quick scenario I created to test out the plugin. The music in the video is my own composition.

The MZ Steam discussion board is filled with so much whining. Glad I never have to go there, or to any Steam discussion board. Anyway, here's something awesome:
I've been meaning to create a better trailer for my game but it takes time, so for now all I got is the same old trailer with updated footage:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tihn