Weapon Damage

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

In RPG Maker, weapons can be equipped to actors.
You can also equip them to enemies if you use plugins like Enemy Equips.

Weapons can provide parameter bonuses like extra atk and agi, but you can't specify a damage value for the weapons themselves.

For example, if you wanted to have the normal attack skill's damage value to be equal to the amount of damage dealt by the weapon, you would be unable to say this directly.

You could say that the "atk" bonus from the weapon represents how much damage the weapon can do, but if you were to reference the actor's atk, you would be including any additional atk bonuses that aren't part of the weapon.

This plugin allows you to define weapon damage formulas, which can be used in your skill formulas if necessary.

By separating the weapon damage from your atk, you have more control over how your want your skills to be set up!

More information and downloads available at HimeWorks

Free for Commercial and Non-Commercial use

Pine Towers

Knight Hospitaller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can't even thank you enough.

Liandra Aura

Game Director
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
BEAUTIFUL! D: I just picked up Pathfinder RPG again so this hits in just the right place upon my heart :D

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wondering if you'll do an equivalent for armor? I know that there's resistances to consider...

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Support has been added for using "a" to refer to the holder of the weapon.

Wondering if you'll do an equivalent for armor? I know that there's resistances to consider...

It's currently in design.

I can provide a basic "armor" formula, which would basically take the sum of how much damage reduction each equipped armor provides.

By default, we assume that anything that isn't a weapon, is an armor.

So the formula would be similar to atk vs def, except it would be weaponDamage - armorDamage

That is, parameter bonuses are not necessarily part of the formula.

Resistances could possibly be applied as regular elements, but that's the part I'm not sure about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Balen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Question -
Can we use Base Parameters like a.atk in the formulas?

Issue - I'm getting low numbers even when I set the formula to a high integer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

buinguyenhoangtho wrote on fizzly's profile.
Hello @fizzly, i would like to use your asset/ resource for my project ( is maybe commercial ). May i have your permission? Thanks you !
I have 470+ hours on RMMV but have only made a demo game, is this normal? :kaoswt: (I lose motivation a lot plus I use a 32gb laptop, so..)
I like Iron Maiden.
Benku wrote on Magnus0808's profile.
Hey man you helped me out a long time ago with a plugin i was wondering if you can help me out one more time since its literally the last thing i need help with if not is cool but id figured id ask you one more soild.
Stream will be live shortly with a guest stream! Tonight, a new guest joins~ Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gilgamegi