Weapon Features - Seeking Feedbacks

Discussion in 'Game Mechanics Design' started by Evan Finkel, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Evan Finkel

Evan Finkel Modeling Beholder Veteran

Thank you very much to Avery and hiddenone for the icons!
    Some icons by me
    I am also using those icons in my game, so yes credits goes to them!
     ​
    Hey glad to see you here! I am looking for some feedback on the game I am making, it's all about weapons brainstorming, attachments, and other features.

First of the world, I've created a sword which can handle with both holy and dark elements, it's name is [​IMG] Moon Sword.

Like I mentioned, I first thought and brainstorm some attachments ideas. Okay, I'll give one of my examples,

[​IMG] Rhodonite (Weapon Attachment) - Some strong stones that can be attached to "sword" types weapons. Requires Goldcutting Knife to use.

Suppose if I have Goldcutting Knife, and I use it to cut Rhodonite. It's crystals and stone will get separate, and when player use rhodonite's crystals to attach to the moonsword. Moonsword's blade will be replaced and player will obtain the normal blade as well that can be also attach later if at the moment when you dislike the rhodonite blade.

Attaching rhodonite blade instead of normal blade is better then usual, but it your sword will loose some effects. I.E : Rhodonite blade is better in other way and normal blade is in some other ways.

-
    And secondly, I present the spear which is yet not named, name suggestions are more then welcome, of course! It's this [​IMG]

As you can see there, it has a [​IMG] glassy bullet needle attached to it, and that can be filled with three types of liquid. But without this needle the spear won't be used. Empty needle will cause no special effects, just deals damage.

[​IMG]
    Fire, Water, Poison
     ​
    Fire - has a burning effect, the enemy's body will start burning but takes time.

Water - has a special effect, when the water will be filled in target's body, the enemy will slowly loose their oxygen.

Poison - has a special effect, when the poison liquid is filled in target's body the enemy will get poisonous and start loosing HP.

That's all,

Thank you very much, and don't forget the feedback!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
  2. BlackLiquidSorrow

BlackLiquidSorrow Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    It's interesting. I don't think you would need scripts though, you might be able to do it through events.

For an example of what I'm talking about, check out chrysalis.  http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/additional/sample-games%C2'> can open it in the editor to see how the weapons work.

3. Evan Finkel

Evan Finkel Modeling Beholder Veteran

Yup I am doing it all with events and common events as well, I am just looking for some feedback to make my game more interesting.

4. BlackLiquidSorrow

BlackLiquidSorrow Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
     I can't really give you any when I haven't playtested them.

5. Wavelength

Wavelength Pre-Merge Boot Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    It's a set of nice ideas, but I always think it's important as a developer to consider where you're putting your effort into your game, and how much of that effort the player will get to see and enjoy.  You might be better off trying to reconcile these different weapons and upgrades into a single weapon system, or even a single weapon that the player can use throughout the game and constantly modify to their liking.  Dark Cloud 2 is a really good example of a "weapon system" that combined all kinds of weapons and upgrades and effects into a single, coherent system that serves a purpose.

Evan Finkel likes this.