ThePuffpuff30

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm not asking here because I'm lazy. I'm asking here because I've spent an hour and a half trying to figure this out. I can't find a single other thread about the same issue.
I'm also super super new to RPG maker, and I'm sure this is a stupid question, and I'm sorry.

So the amount of damage dealt without a weapon is 3, right. This weapon is supposed to do 8 damage, but it still only does 3. I seriously have no idea why. I tried setting the damage to 500, and it still only did 3.

Again, I'm sorry that this question is so dumb, but again, I spent an hour and a half trying to find the solution myself and I found nothing.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You've confirmed that the actor actually has the weapon equipped? Are you playing your game, or just a test battle in the Troops tab?

ThePuffpuff30

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You've confirmed that the actor actually has the weapon equipped? Are you playing your game, or just a test battle in the Troops tab?
Yes, the actor has the weapon equipped, and I'm actually playing the game.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Can we have a screen shot of the weapon slot in the database. Please use Alt+PrtSc so that the shot is only of the active window and not your whole desktop.

EDIT
Also, can you tell us what your damage formula is for the simple Attack command. I am assuming that is what you are using, and not selecting some skill.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd like to see a screenshot of the actor & actor's class, the enemy, and the weapon from the database, and can you confirm what other equipment the actor has, and if you have added any scripts that affect actors, equipment/weapons, enemies or battles in general? Basically, how "vanilla" is your project? If you've got scripts that modify things, you could disable all of them, or copy your actor/class/weapon/enemy/troop into a brand new project with no other changes, and see if the issue still happens (in that case it might be a script that's causing it).

ThePuffpuff30

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Can we have a screen shot of the weapon slot in the database. Please use Alt+PrtSc so that the shot is only of the active window and not your whole desktop.

EDIT
Also, can you tell us what your damage formula is for the simple Attack command. I am assuming that is what you are using, and not selecting some skill.
The damage formula for the simple Attack command just says 3. That's it. Just "3". Could that be what's wrong?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Have you selected HP Damage in the type box above the damage formula box?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If the damage in the attack formula says 3, that is all the damage you will ever do. Every weapon uses skill 1 to determine damage. So if you want the weapon to do a different damage, you need to edit the formula appropriately.

I'd suggest maybe using a simple formula of a.atk, then just set the weapons ATK to the damage you want them to do with it (though, it will add the actors ATK as well, so keep that in mind as well). Just keep in mind monsters use this formula too, and defense doesn't matter in this suggested formula as well.

sawworm

Sir Waste Time A Lot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Your attack formula needs to be "a.atk x + b.def x" where x in the formula is your multiplier, you can set it to any number. If you don't want to deal with enemy's Defense just remove b.def and you'll deal raw damage to your target.

ThePuffpuff30

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I fixed it. Thank you everyone so much for your help!
Being a noob sucks, but I think I'm slowly getting the hang of this.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I strongly recommend that you take a pause on your game and go through Andar's compilation of info for new users. It will give you a solid grounding in the fundamentals and speed up the learning. Spending a bit of time on this now will save you a lot of time and frustration in the future.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Uploaded a new Video today where I play Minecraft "The Bridge" please check it out & let me know what you think of it!
I normally only post these every 24 hours, but same-sex marriage is coming to Rune Factory 5 and I just wanted to share it with the world! https://www.xseedgames.com/2021/09/23/rune-factory-5-localization-blog-2/
Today was wild. In the day I worked in my project (and realized I have almost 100 hours wich is a happy surprise), and now i'm having to calm my boyfriend down because of chris pratt Mario.
Mr_Petue wrote on GamchiSamwise's profile.
hey pepe, why do you have a gun on your head? where is wojak?
Still alive! Totally did not finish in time for the Jam (boy that's late) but tl;dr of the last half a year is Work term -> Covid Lockdown -> Sick... again -> Full time Employment. Game stuff has been on hiatus but got a new graphics tablet so hopefully updates again soon. =D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TuxedoedPenguin