Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Weapon Proficiency 0.1.0

whitesphere

Introduction

This allows a type of Weapon or Armor to have its effectiveness tweaked, on a per-Class or per-Actor, or per-State basis.

Features

- Allows per-weapon type or per-armor type modification

- Can affect any of the primary stats (ATK, DEF, MAT, MDF, AGI and LUK)

- The modifications are per-class, per-actor or per-state.

How to Use

- After installing and enabling the plug-in, add a note-tag in the following format to the desired Actor, Class or State:

<proficiency: type=(weapon or armor), modify=(ATK, MAT, etc), id=percent, ...>

Such as:

<proficiency: type=weapon, modify=atk, 1=150, 2=80, 3=110>

This multiplies weapon type 1's ATK by 1.5, type 2's ATK by 0.8 and type 3's ATK by 1.1.

Script

The script is available for download here:http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=SiXUy2Dp

Usage Terms

This plug-in may be used for commercial or non-commercial purposes as long as I am given credit.

Heartbreak61

Wandering Noob
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice idea!

However, after quick skimming on your code, it seems that the final multiplier comes from the multiplicaton of actor, classes, and states.

If an actor, class, and state proficiency are set to 200% on a weapon, final multiplier will be 800%.

(Doesn't it? Pardon me if I read your code wrongly)

It wouldn't hurt to let users choose multiplication or addition to their actor's proficiency.

That's just a suggestion. Again, that's a nice script.

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
You're right, they would all stack that way.  

I've updated the plug-in in my Pastebin and the MV Plugins repository.

Now, if you add "operation=add" to the note-tag, it will add (or subtract) from the stat.  The plug-in does all additions before all multiplications. It defaults to multiplication though.

TheCollective

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I like the concept but it's a tad bit restrictive right now I think? If I may I'd like to recommend a couple of features. I'd say a way to call up a visual representation of the proficiency for the player would be helpful, unless your goal of course was for this to be a under the hood stat then ignore me, but I also think it would be beneficial to allow items to permanently raise the proficiency of a character. Like if the player had a character read a scroll to learn a weapon better or something similar.  Just a couple thoughts. 

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I like the idea of a permanent proficiency change, and I'll add that, but I always thought it would be more of a hidden stat, but I'll take a look. It would be a custom scene if I did that.

Ghaleon1982

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is funny because I started playing though every Final Fantasy with my 8 year old son, and we started playing Final Fantasy II last night and I was just thinking man how am I gonna add the weapon effectiveness to my game, its a great idea. Look around here and find it.  Thanks for the work.

Pine Towers

Knight Hospitaller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great plugin. Does this works with custom parameters?

Karindanslav

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I really like the idea behind this plugin, but I've had the following issues using it:
- I get a "current is undefined" error. It can be solved by changing "current" for "item" in lines 166 and 170.
- I get a "cannot read property XX of undefined" when using the note tags on a state. Couldn't find a solution.

Do you think you can upload a new version with these corrections?
Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Managed to find a way to hang a bed cover over my window. So no more being toasted alive in the afternoon!:kaoswt2:
So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.
Any also thought it's too cringy to put the word "and you" in your credit as a special thanks?
Cause that's what I thought...
Everyone in the US right now: Please stay safe.
Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoloJou