Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
C#
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Weapon Sprites Enhanced - v1.14b

Rexal

Intro - Tired of the limitations MV puts on the images you use? Be tired no more!

Using Yanfly's plugins? Consider this instead.

v1.1banner_zpscsbc7cc2.png

What's new:

- Enemies should respect their equipment and no longer only use a dagger.

- Added Weapon Index tag for enemies that lets you equip a weapon onto said enemy.

Download - Here

Demo(for all of my plugins) - Here

Features -

- set the file name for weapon sprites
- change the sprite's hue
- define how many frames of animation the weapon has
- set the sprite's index
- have the actor play a specified animation when attacking with the weapon
- have the weapon play a sound whenever you attack
- have the weapon's image be whatever size you want.
- have the weapon be positioned wherever you want.

Note Tags -

chainsaws%20are%20also%20power_zpscghylnf7.png

Spoiler

[Enemies]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weapon Index: id
 Equips the enemy with this weapon.

[Weapons]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Enhanced Sprite]
 Enables the use of the Tags. Implemented to ensure compatibility with other scripts that modify Sprite_Weapon, and to allow you to also use regular weaponType sprite functionality.

Weapon Image: img
 Sets the weapon's image.

Ex: WeaponImage: weapons1

Weapon Index: id
 Sets the weapon ID. Do not use zero.

Ex: WeaponID: 1

Weapon Hue: hue
 Shifts the weapon's hue.

Ex: WeaponHue: 46

Weapon Motion: motion
 Plays the specified SV motion. This isn't limited to the basic attack motions in the System Database.

Ex: WeaponMotion: swing

Weapon Frames: frames
 Sets the amount of frames the weapon image uses.

Ex: WeaponFrames: 3

Weapon Size: widthxheight
Defines how big the weapon image's frame is. does not scale the weapons themselves, you have to do that manually.

Ex: WeaponSize: 96x64

Weapon Sound: se, pan, pitch, volume
Plays a sound whenever the actor attacks.

Ex: WeaponSound: wind7, 0, 150, 100

Weapon Offset: x,y
Offsets the weapon position by the specified amount.

Ex: WeaponOffset: -30,200

Weapon Speed: frames

The amount of frames the weapon takes to move to the next animation frame. If this isn't used, it'll use 36/frames instead.

Ex: WeaponSpeed: 12

Terms of Use - Free for commercial and non-commercial use.

Future Plans -

- Allow states to change weapon image...or allow weapons to change their image depending on the state.
- Let you set the weapon to be in front of the actor instead of behind them.

Change Log -

Spoiler

v1 -

Initial Release

v1.01 -

-Fixed error when using barehanded.
 -Fixed the weapon not showing an animation when its Weapon Type's SV motion is undefined.
 -Removed the Sprite_Weapon.prototype.initMembers overwrite function as there was no point to it
 and it made certain plugins incompatible.
 -WeaponSize is integrated but most likely not in working condition.
 Use at your discretion.

v1.1 -

- Added WeaponSound. It'll have the weapon play a sound whenever the actor attacks.
 - Added WeaponOffset. This allows you to set the position of the weapon.
 - WeaponSize actually works as it's supposed to now.
 - cleaned up the script a bit to make it easier to read.
 - Had no choice but to Overwrite Sprite_Weapon.prototype.update. Fingers crossed that didn't actually do anything negative.

v1.11 hotfix -

- Fixed the weapon position.

v1.12 -

- Changed the frame speed of the weapons so they match the default ones.
 - Added WeaponSpeed so you can define your own speed.

v1.13 -

- Made the weapons stay put when you set the offset.

v1.14a -

-Works with animated enemies now.
 -Rewrote the tags. Legacy spelling still works.

v1.14b-
 - Works with anything that equips weapons to enemies now.

Last edited by a moderator:

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Very nice work.  People have been asking for something like this, so it's really nice to see this so soon after release.  I'll try it out later when I make some custom weapon sheets for my current project.

Thanks a bunch and welcome to the community!

brunovisk2

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Finally! Thank you so much Rexal, I've been asking for this since RMMV was released xD

Kistulot

Easily Distracted Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This is some solid work, and has all kinds of possibilities. Thanks for crafting this! :)

hmind

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
hi and welcome rexal. this sounds just like what i needed. one question about the motions: for example "swing" means, that a single sprite is rotated like the icons back in ace's sideview battle systems? or is it the 3 frames default animation?

also about the images: do they have a fixed sizes/frame, like for the default ones it is 96x64px? or can i just freak out and make a gigantic sword sized 192x192px?

lonewolph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Can I make a totally new image file and at different sizes for the weapons or am I stuck to using the weapons1, 2 and 3?

BaconSmite

Teenage Punk
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This looks Amazing Great Work :D

Does this mean that we can have more than the 6 custom weapons we are given by default?

lonewolph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Still learning, but what does changing the weapons index do exactly?

fm2107

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
prophecies told of a savior who will bring us salvation from static weapon sprites, and he rexal, savior of rpg maker mv, has brought it upon the people the glory of his coding skillz

hmind

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Still learning, but what does changing the weapons index do exactly?
when you look at the "weapons1" file in your projects img/system folder you see there are multiple sorts of weapons. index 1 would be the uppermost - dagger, index 2 - sword, index 4 - axe, and so on..

that is, if index is the same as id.

btw i use some yanfly battle plugins and put above or under those plugins, yours doesn't seem to have any effect : /

edit: i tested all of my other plugins. this plugin does not have any effect when yanfly item core is enabled.

lonewolph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thank you. It's working. Wonder if this will support larger weapon sizes? Realllly want that.

Grimoire LD

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Wonderful! In such a short time the biggest problem I found with this version has been dealt with! Well done!

fm2107

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Thank you. It's working. Wonder if this will support larger weapon sizes? Realllly want that.
the weapons can be as large as the weapon template can accommodate. the template can be found in the pinned topic in the resources forum. 

Rexal

Digital Fuzzball
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
C#
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for all the kind words, everyone!

hi and welcome rexal. this sounds just like what i needed. one question about the motions: for example "swing" means, that a single sprite is rotated like the icons back in ace's sideview battle systems? or is it the 3 frames default animation?

also about the images: do they have a fixed sizes/frame, like for the default ones it is 96x64px? or can i just freak out and make a gigantic sword sized 192x192px?
"swing" is the name of the animation the battler plays. So if you used "victory" it would play the victory animation when you attack.

You can set the frame to however many you want.

Right now you can only use the default 96x64, but since there's quite a few requests for it I'll go ahead and add a note tag to let you choose any size.

And as for Yanfly's stuff...hmm...I'll look into it and see what I can do.

Can I make a totally new image file and at different sizes for the weapons or am I stuck to using the weapons1, 2 and 3?
Yep! You can use whatever image is in the system folder.

This looks Amazing Great Work :D

Does this mean that we can have more than the 6 custom weapons we are given by default?
It does indeed :D

lonewolph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Awesome work. Could you add compatibility with SVActorPosition or could you let the X and Y of the weapon be adjusted? I was using that plugin to align my weapon to where I wanted it in regards to where my character is because hes larger than default. However when I use your plugin the weapon goes back to the normal position. Other weapons not modified by your plugin are moved correctly

joebro617

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Engilsh
Primarily Uses
you are awesome! this is perfect 

BaconSmite

Teenage Punk
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks for this :D  being able to use more weapons has completely saved my game and I'm  glad I,m not making tons of weapons for nothing. You've done real good with this and I really appreciate it :D

hmind

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Right now you can only use the default 96x64, but since there's quite a few requests for it I'll go ahead and add a note tag to let you choose any size.
haha when that happens, i can see the resources forums flooding with custom weapons (at least in my thread that is ;) )

and well.. "item core" is not that urgent for me now.. and as said all the other yanfly plugins work well with it

lonewolph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hmmm wonder how a 3 frame attack animation is going to work with a 10 frame weapon animation? Might need to wait until something is made for the SV animations to extend them as well?

Grimoire LD

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hmm, I can't quite get it to work. I copy-pasted your example for a test, but nothing happened after that and this is with all the other Yanfly plugins turned off. Is there something I'm missing there?

EDIT: I see you're supposed to save and reload when  you turn off Yanfly scripts it appears. Doing that did eventually work, but for some reason whenever Lucius attacked barehanded I got an "undefined" error.

EDIT 2: If you have your script above Yanfly's own it works perfectly! But there is one rather large bug... if you equip barehanded the system will crash with an "Undefined category" there seems to be no exception in your script for barehanded.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Folks, if anyone sends you a message inviting you to add their API to your game, please report them. We don't want people spamming our members asking them to add stuff to their games for their own (or others') benefit.
I'm listening to iiluminaughtii talking about the secrets behind shady businesses and scams. Meanwhile I'm writing a fanfic about Sephiroth from FF7, one specifically for my stepmom. I'll get to give it to her, too, because my boss said I could take the holidays off! Dec. 22-27 I will be in Orlando, and maybe Fort Myers too, visiting my dad and stepmom!
Of course, I bought a handful of games on the Steam Black Friday sale. Will I try them? Will I complete any? Who knows...
I don't really have any neat updates today about how I screwed up programming... But if you want to observe the intensenes of me programming, then you can check out my stream :)
New Weapons.gif
No more spam from me today, I promise! Just wanted to upload this, people have been giving me feedback that my weapon sprites (which were RTP) clashed badly with my battlers for ages, so today I finally took the plunge and updated them! Really happy with how they came out :D :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ringoman