Weapon Sprites Enhanced

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by Rexal, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Rexal

Rexal Digital Fuzzball Veteran

First Language:
    C#
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ah, okay. I'll see what I can do about that, then.

2. ProxZ

ProxZ Villager Member

Is there a way to change if a weapon appears behind or in front of the character sprite? Sometimes the sprites just cover up the weapon. 

Great script though! Thank you so much for making it!

3. brunovisk2

brunovisk2 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    that's true, I simply hate when actors shoot with a bow, u can't see the bow  !I think it would be better if the sprite showed in front of it than behind

4. wizaerd

wizaerd Adventurer Member

First Language:
    English
    I wondered why I new saw the bow... 

5. hmind

hmind Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    to that i would want to add, behind or in front of an enemy.

sure, it is more yanfly plugins related, because without a yanfly action sequence you won't possibly get near an enemy.

well yanfly seems really busy with bugfixing his load of plugins, so if you consider doing this for actors might i ask to do so for enemies too?

just go edit the sprite sheet and move the bow 8 pixels to the left ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2015
  6. ProxZ

ProxZ Villager Member

I think he meant layered on top of the character sprite. Which was what I was looking for. Another reason for this feature is so dual wield weapons can come from the offhand. Maybe even put a shield up to block attacks.

7. Rexal

First Language:
    C#
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'll start working on this when I get back to this script. For now, I've only been able to work on one script at a time since I've been so busy with personal stuff, but hopefully that'll change soon.

8. hmind

hmind Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    yup, sry if i was a bit confusing but i do mean the same, with the addition that you could say, a weapon is "behind" a character but "layered on top of" an enemy. sometimes my native language makes me mistranslate the context

9. ProxZ

ProxZ Villager Member

I've been trying to use this script for a while now, but it's not working anymore. Where should I place it in my plugins? i don't have item core turned on, I do have equip core turned on though. Maybe I'm not tagging properly?

10. Ashouse

Ashouse Resident Zombie Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Dude, just break up with her! This is more fun, and we have always loved you more anyway!

11. Rexal

First Language:
    C#
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Bah, I wish it was something like that :| Things will hopefully calm down soon, and then I'll be able to put a lot more time into these plugins and make them the best that they can be.

And maybe even make some new ones.

12. Ashouse

Ashouse Resident Zombie Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    You are boss, my friend. I will pray for your personal endeavors (like seriously. I am right now) that all works out for the greater good. And that any associated trial only serves to strengthen you.

13. Hoppy

Hoppy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Nice job this will work with the tiny buckets I just made.

14. diegoflores

diegoflores Warper Member

First Language:
    Português (BR)
    Hi guys! How are you? So, I read all this thread to try to understand why it's not working for me but I couldn't find the answer..
    Where exactly should I write the tags? In the weapon right? In the default sword note I pasted the example:

" [EnhancedSprite]

WeaponImage: weapons2

WeaponID: 2

WeaponHue: 155

WeaponMotion: swing

WeaponSound: ice2,0,100,100"
    And It's still not working, I keep having a sword...
    Yes, I Installed the plugin properly, downloaded via zip and it's the onlu plugin I left On..
    Any idea what's happening? Im in this for almost 1 hour and can't find the solution!
    Thanks!

15. RequLz

RequLz Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey, firstly thank you for the amazing plugin

I seem to be getting an odd issue with this plugin and yanfly's item core plugin

when battle testing through the database>troops, the script seems to work fine, however when I go into the actual game and battle, the sprites are defaulted the their normal sprites that came with RMMV

this is only when yanfly's item core is on though, when I turn it off, it works both in battle test and in-game, the scripts may be clashing somehow?

Thanks!

16. wizaerd

wizaerd Adventurer Member

First Language:
    English
    I had it working once upon a time, but then I downloaded all new scripts (all Yanflys), and started using the Action Sequences plugins, and now I cannot get this one to work at all.  Is it not compatible?

17. Master100000

Master100000 Graphic Design/Complex Eventer Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I am using the Yanfly battle core engine and this plug in seems to work correctly when you use select attack. However when ever

you use a skill the weapon that the skill uses is the weapon that the last actor used during a regular attack. for example is I click

on attack and my character uses his weapon all skills now use that weapon until someone else uses a regular attack. when

someone else uses a regular attack now all skills use the weapon of the last person who used a regular attack. Don't know

if it's the yanfly script or this script that is doing any colliding but as a hint:

the note tag on the skill i'm using is

<target Action>

perform action

motion swing: user

motion wait: user

action animation

wait for animation

action effect

action effect

death break

</Target Action>

the note tage on the weapon enhancement is

[EnhancedSprite]

WeaponImage: weps1

WeaponID: 2

WeaponsSize: 192x128

WeaponsMotion: Swing

-Now this is what I think the problem is. the Yanfly note tag "motion swing: user" is calling for a weapon to be swung.

-by default rpg maker mv does not use weapons for any of the skills you use unless you apply the yanfly engine so

the weapons being called is most likely the last weapon used in place of the Weapons 1 sword sprite.

-the [enhancdsprites] plug in calls upon a specific weapon when using a "regular attack" since without the yanfly plug in

skills don't support weapon sprites.

-the yanfly note tage "motion swing: user" calls upon a weapon and without the [enhancedsprites] the weapon called upon

is by default "weapons1, ID 2" if it's a sword.

-my theory is that for compatibility the yanfly battle core has to call upon the note tags of the [enhancedweapon] for the right

weapon when using the note tag "motion swing:user" but that would probably require cooperation OR this plug in could be

modified to clear the last weapon used like a refresh note tag so the yanfly plug in doesn't call upon the last weapon used by

the [enhancedsprite] plug in after using a regular attack since the yanfly plug in isn't calling forth specific weapons, it only

uses the templates 'Weapons1, Weapon2, and Weapons3"

by the way I got the Yanfly battle Core engine to work with enhanced sprites by putting enhanced sprites at the bottom of the plug ins.

but I don't know. sometimes these two plug ins just act weird together.

EDIT: Never mind on the refresh note tag, that will only cause the yanfly engine to use the original weapon template instead of last weapon used.

what I want is to use the weapon sprite that is equipped to my character when I use a skill.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2015
  18. Vassim74

Vassim74 It's a Secret! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Haven't tried the script yet, but this wasn't listed in feature so I thought I'd ask.

Is it possible to have your character swing their weapon when using a physical skill? I find it strange that when fighters throw skill punches, it looks like they used magic.

19. Master100000

Master100000 Graphic Design/Complex Eventer Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    This is what I was talking about. All skills by default use that pose without the yanfly sequence pack2 you can't use a weapon but the problem is that the yanfly sequenes pack2 only uses

the last weapon used by an actor who used the "enhancedsprite" note tag. if you don't use the regular attack  then the yanfly sequence pack2 uses the template Weapons 1 ID 2 if it's a

sword.

First of all Raxel I want to thank you for such a lovely script. I guess it was my fault that I couldn't get the

correct weapon to show. For those that want to use this plug in and yanfly's. and want to use your weapon

with you skill an example note tag would be.

<Target Action>

perform action

motion attack: user

motion wait: user

action animation

wait for animation

action effect

death effect

</Target Action>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2015
  20. Bernkastel

Bernkastel Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Now that the sizeing exists, can you add the ability to use icons as the weapons image? I know it would be more basic looking but it's one thing I really miss from Ace side view battle systems. (almost every weapon icon ever made was made where the handle of the weapon is in the bottom right and went up to the top left. I have an icon sheet that's 16,000 x 512 that I converted over and combined with MV's icons and almost every weapon is like that.