Weapon that attacks 1~5 times...

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
...is it possible? Well, I'm sure it is. But keep in mind I'm not a programmer.

In MV you can grant a weapon additional attacks quite easily but you can't seem to set the chance for them to occur anywhere? What I'd like to do is have something like a dagger or spear that has the chance to hit it's target multiple times. So sometimes it will and sometimes it won't. I'd very much like to decide the % chance for this happening as well.

Anything fancy that can be done? I'm not against using a plugin or script call or two, if someone can point me in the right direction.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You *might* be able to do this with action times not set to 100%, but they could do something besides attack with it. Otherwise you will need a plug-in . I'll move this to plug-in requests.

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You could set a common event to attack were if a "dagger" or "spear" is equipped when you use basic attack, it rolls a variable between 0 and 4. Then, after copying and pasting the attack skill WITHOUT the common event, have conditinal branches that use the copy of attack that many times with force action on the last target

Calvynne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yanfly's plugins have the ability to do this. You can modify the "Chain Attack" weapon script to do what you'd like. (It's based on the action sequence/damage core plugin)
The plugins are available for purchase from his site if you don't already have them.

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for all the responses. I think I found a solution to the problem. :kaoluv:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Final sprint for me, although a long one. If everything goes well, I'll graduate by the end of the year. Then I'll have to take the Bar classes and exams (4 months), then I'm off to practicing law (as an intern for 6 months, paid of course, then I'll be a full fledged attorney).
I think there is something wrong with my cat. He is acting CATatonic.
Want to find a quick answer? Say the wrong one and SOMEONE will fall all over themselves to correct you.
Back after almost two years! O_O"
It's time to get back to my unfinished character sprite attempt AND JS/plugin making learning! :D
Hey guys how come my new plugin that I programmed so perfectly doesn't work? Oh wait.... I forgot to add it to my game's plugins. :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sibexus