Weapon Types capped at max of 8

red_codec

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Help!

I am using RPG Maker VXA. For some reason, weapon types for my game is capped at a maximum of 8. I know you can change the maximum by pressing the change maximum to add more weapon type slots. But this is not the problem I am talking about. My problem is, any weapons tagged as the 9th weapon type and any weapon type from the 9th onwards does NOT appear in the game.

For example, under database -> terms -> weapon type -> maximum 9 weapon types -> 9th weapon type is called 'x'.

database -> weapons -> any and all weapon tagged as weapon type 'x' under weapon type 

playtest start game

all weapons tagged as weapon type 'x' will NOT appear in the game, they are like invisible, non-existent.

If any and all weapons tagged weapon type under weapon type slot 1-8 will appear and function normally.

I tested it out so am very sure it has to do with the 9th weapon slot and onwards being faulty/bugged somehow.

My question then is how do I fix this please? How do I make this bug go away, so that weapons tagged under the 9th weapon type and past 9th will appear in game as per normal?

A more minor problem is I also noticed there is a maximum cap of characters you can use for weapon type names, would be nice to remove this max character limit. Although this is negligible, the above problem is more important.

Please help thank you.

red_codec

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sooo sorry for even posting this! I think i found my problem. I haven't tested this yet but I think I overlooked adding the new weapon types to equip types under the character class! 

Hopefully this post might help other new users who run into the same problem.

Anyway could still use help with getting past the character limit for naming weapon types please thank you. 

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You also need to explain what "does not appear in the game" means. Weapons do not "appear in the game" - characters do. If it means you don't see them in the shops when you've added them to a shop, say that. If it means you get one and don't see it in the menu, say that. If it means you equip it on your actor but they don't show as having it equipped, say that.

How you explain the actual problem you're having is just as important as how you explain the way things are set up :)

red_codec

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Shaz

I fixed that problem thanks. The only problem I have left is how to increase the word limit for naming weapon types.

Yea Shaz sorry my explanation wasn't clear enough too. I meant after I add the weapons to my character's inventory, while in game, at the equipping weapon screen, they do not appear. But this problem is solved. Just silly me overlooking some stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Brioche with a crème patissiere filling is so tasty!
A group of Game creators and others who trying to revive the Feel of Multiplayer and TOWN/ROLEPLAY games
Wow, lots of RPG Maker MV stuff on sale on Steam for 50%-75% off. Steam, why you not tell me?!
looking for help on top secret project
The nick "Toeuia" that I'm using comes from a, idk, you okay the chess game while chit chatting them. The first two are students. Then you know, finally, the champion, and then the champion's sensei. I played like this so many times until suddenly there's another chess master. Very naive but super smart. After he lost, he kinda advised me not to give up on chest. Because the next one was never seen beaten. Touya.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaltedFish