Lynks

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Hey guys. First of all, I am a complete noob when it comes to rpg maker. MV is the first software I am getting into to create games with.

Now on to my issue, I'll try and keep it short.

I have created a Special ability that my character learns at level 2, but I can't get him to use his primary weapon. Instead he uses his hand animations. I've tried using Yanfly's plugins, but honestly I can't really wrap my head around them.

Thanks in advance

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does he have the weapon equipped?  Does he use the weapon prior to using this skill?  Show us a screenshot of the Skill tab so we can see how you've set it up.  Also the weapon tab might be helpful.

Lynks

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Yeah he's got it equiped. Prior to the skill? Nnoo, at the moment it only works with his regular attack. Ok so here are some screenshots, if you need more, let me know.

[IMG]https://i.gyazo.com/fe79c0ca9c71ae58e68d3ce7f0716053.png[/IMG]

[IMG]https://i.gyazo.com/a7d25e41da40de6f3ae29e0d2c3982a8.png[/IMG]

Jory4001

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Unfortunetly the weapon animation will only play when you use the basic "attack" command. It will use the skill animation for skills. The way around this is to use yanfly's action sequence plugins and specify what animation to use. I have posted how to do this elsewhere but on phone and cant link it. Just search my posts for weapon animation help!

Lynks

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Unfortunetly the weapon animation will only play when you use the basic "attack" command. It will use the skill animation for skills. The way around this is to use yanfly's action sequence plugins and specify what animation to use. I have posted how to do this elsewhere but on phone and cant link it. Just search my posts for weapon animation help!
Hey, I actually found some really useful posts there, thanks a lot!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just love the MV feature that allows you to create your own animations!
I typically ask this on my normal social media channels, but figured there may be good replies here. Anyone got any good horror movie recommendations? I've seen a lot, but I always love getting suggestions! Bonus points if you know which service it is streaming on (in the US) - bring on the spOoooOky!
 After a few distractions (and my annual rough second week of October), I’m getting back on track with my OMGC project.
 Am I overcomplicating it? Yes. Am I going to tone it down? Almost certainly not.
 At least the dialogue stuff is almost done. I need to do the map itself, and then all that’s left is combat.
 Getting there!
Creating 3D CGs for Cutscenes. :kaosalute:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kelard