Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all,
I'm currently trying to make one of my enemies use a hammer with some of its attacks. I'm using YEP_X_AnimatedSVEnemies to do this, but it's not working quite correctly. I've put the following tags into the enemy description:

<Sideview Battler: HAMMERNEMY>
<Sideview Weapon: 24>
<Sideview Attack Motion: swing>

Weapon 24 is usually the Stun Rod but I replaced it with a hammer sprite in the system files.
Using these settings, the hammer shows up when attacking, but for some reason only when the skill it is using is Skill #1 (the default Slash).
Any other skill won't show the hammer, even if the skill is literally a copy-paste of Skill #1 in a different place. Is there some parameter that I've forgotten to change in the plugin settings or something?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not quite sure but one troubleshooting tactic that's never failed me is to make a new blank game to test out the plugin and change a couple things little by little while recording the results, maybe you'll find something that you missed. otherwise id also check some tutorials and thoroughly note down the steps in a checklist fashion, then go down the list to see if you can find any discrepancies within your code.

goldrat1

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not quite sure but one troubleshooting tactic that's never failed me is to make a new blank game to test out the plugin and change a couple things little by little while recording the results, maybe you'll find something that you missed. otherwise id also check some tutorials and thoroughly note down the steps in a checklist fashion, then go down the list to see if you can find any discrepancies within your code.
I've put it into a new project and the same thing happens. I'd love some proper help with this as I've looked everywhere I can find and nothing seems to be working.
The enemy only uses that weapon animation when using skill #1. Also, for some reason in this new project, whenever my enemy attacks it plays Animation 52 (Powerup 2), even though its attacks are not magic-based and there's nothing on the skill or enemy pages that indicate it to be a skill attack.
I've likely done something very stupid that I haven't figured out yet, but nothing that I've changed has helped with this. Copy-pasting Skill #1 to a different slot and using that skill instead doesnt change anything so I doubt its in the Skill tab...
This is incredibly frustrating, i just wanted an enemy with a hammer :(
Any help would be appreciated, I can attach my testing project if need be.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can attach my testing project if need be.
that would probably be a lot more helpful then us just swinging wildly trying to hit a solution. Then we could actually see the program itself and how it’s running and maybe one of us will be able to figure it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Once again working on a game I'm not sure I'm going to sell or even publish
That feel when you're awake past midnight and suddenly you're one year older :ninja:
I miss collaborations, but I don't know how to find someone to make face parts just to share them with others, and even though I don't like writing or music, I can't trust anyone with writing on my game because it has themes that are easy to mess up, and music needs a clear tone and scenes.
People donating to me for my upcoming birthday so I can pay my team a little. Such angels, I'm so happy. T uT I smile so much my face hurts. Good souls in this world.
Playing Ragnarok Online again is very nostalgic. The last time I played it was 20 years ago, when I was ten-twelve old.
My first mmorpg.^^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dashstop