Weather effect tinting/modding

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by Skurge, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Skurge

Skurge " (GASP) What's going on!? " Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I've noticed that tinting the screen seems to not have much an effect on the weather settings and can sometimes make it the effects stand out strange.

Is there a possibility that weather such as rain can be altered via a plugin such as transparency and perhaps colourizing like red/purple etc.

2. Milena

Milena The woman of many questions Veteran

First Language:
    Irish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    There's this. I noticed that it has those red and purple rain as you've mentioned.

3. Skurge

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thanks for the link- i'm going to do heavy investigating and see what I can make of it myself.

4. Skurge

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Did some work- found that the weather system dispite hours of effort would render my screen pure black with the exception of a few areas ( conflicts with terrax lighting )

and I also forgot to check the terms of use- to which I am not prepared to enquire about a non free to use script that I am also finding not working well with my project.

On the other hand it seems nice- the colours and options are great, but I feel that the colour rain choices I want are not many and what I like to have.

5. Skurge

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Did some work- found that the weather system dispite hours of effort would render my screen pure black with the exception of a few areas ( conflicts with terrax lighting )

and I also forgot to check the terms of use- to which I am not prepared to enquire about a non free to use script that I am also finding not working well with my project.

On the other hand it seems nice- the colours and options are great, but I feel that the colour rain choices I want are not many and what I like to have.

6. Ossra

Ossra Formerly Exhydra Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I am in the process of creating a weather plugin ... but right now it is in the early stages. However, you can change the default rain, storm, and snow settings along with the default screen tint when weather is in effect. I'll get around to finishing it here sometime, but for now you may find it useful.

Exhydra Weather Extra Options 

7. Skurge

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    That weather plugin you have provided me is something I am looking for :)

Just curious to know if there is a way that the rain's colour and transparency could change simultaneously- my reasons being is I would like to see how rain would look while flowing through neon lit areas to give this wet/well lit atmosphere.

8. Ossra

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Skurge Hmm, I'm not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean you want the color and opacity to change when it passes through the lighting, or ... ? Could you give me a graphical example or partial example? 

9. Skurge

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    It's hard to say because I do not want to impose to much or impossible requests, but the default rain it basically pure thick white which looks ugly on certain terrain.

Since my overall terrain for my project is Urban and well lit with street lights and neon signs etc I am interested to know if the rain can be some sort of clear/reflective or slightly rainbow coloured if the others prove too difficult. it's actually quite hard to find an example of a neon reflective rainy image.

My project's urban environment is quite dark but very colourful in terms of street signs, shops and such.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Ossra

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Skurge Aah, ok. I think I see now. Here, try this :

Exhydra Weather - Extra Options 0.55 (beta; unstable)

You can now change the color type of each default weather option. You can choose flat color (single color) or a gradient color (a gradient of two colors). Also, there is an option for changing the blend mode of each weather option (additive, multiply, and screen). I think the blend mode you want is additive (1). If you want to use the gradient mode, remember to set the color to six comma separated digits (255,0,0,65,0,0). The initial three digits equal the first RGB color, and the last three digits equal the second RGB color. 

You should remove the plugin from the Plugin Manager, press Apply, then re-add the plugin to ensure all of the values are set properly.

11. Skurge

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    It looks beautiful, here is how one example looks atm.

Curious to know also if a command can be made to have those colours change to a new colour throughout game play, so for example if the player walks into an area primarily with green and blue lights, the colour rain would change associated with that, and walking into an area that has primarily yellow and purple- switches colours close to those. If it's too difficult or too much to ask it's no problem, I hope my ideas and feedback helps improve your script :)

good goy.png

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2016
  12. Ossra

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Updated the plugin to version 0.57 (Link). You can now use a plugin command to change the color of the rain, storm or snow weather.

// Rain
    exaWeather rain bitmap flat 255,255,255
    exaWeather rain bitmap gradient 255,255,255,0,0,0
    // Reset to Default Color
    exaWeather rain bitmap reset

// Storm
    exaWeather storm bitmap flat 255,255,255
    exaWeather storm bitmap gradient 255,255,255,0,0,0
    exaWeather storm bitmap reset

// Snow
    exaWeather snow bitmap flat 255,255,255
    exaWeather snow bitmap gradient 255,255,255,0,0,0
    exaWeather snow bitmap reset

I'll get around to adding in commands to change other settings as well here sometime.

13. Skurge

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    That is incredible, I can command with a parallel process to run colour changing randomly and give out a rainbow fluctuating effect if I will it to be :)