Weather Plugin Command - How to use?

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Momochy, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Momochy

Momochy Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hello! I'm new here, so I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong thread or if this is just a really stupid question in general.

I recently downloaded Yanfly's "Plugin Command" feature, along with Moghunter's weather plugin. While I'm quite certain I've installed all the necessary .js files & image files to the correct folders, & loaded both plugins into MV, I'm not sure how to actually make it work.

Similar to the example shown at 1:00 in the video at the top of the page, I'm trying to have the animation show up on only the background, & not the tileset itself. The instructions given don't make much sense to me, so I'm at a complete loss.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

I've moved this thread to Javascript/Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

3. caethyril

caethyril ^_^ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You can find the Plugin Command button on the last page of event commands. Based on the linked page, have you tried a Plugin Command like this?
    Code:
    weather : 1 : 26 : 40 : 100 : 1 : Light_01B
    I.e. weather "slot" 1, type 26 "Shooting Star 2 (Rotation)", power 40, speed 100, blend mode 1, image Light_01B. My guess is that the type determines the z-level (i.e. behind or in front of the tileset/characters). I don't currently have Mog's latest Master Demo so can't check at the moment, maybe someone else can help if this doesn't do the trick. :kaoslp:

Also, Yanfly's Plugin Commands - Switches and Variables Access (assuming that's what you meant) simply lets you specify command parameters via switches & variables. It does nothing to change other aspects of the plugin like weather display layer, that's all to do with how Mog's plugin handles it. :kaoswt:

4. Momochy

Momochy Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I got that part I think, but I'm not sure how to apply the effect. Do I double-click one of the background tiles & create an event, or am I doing it completely wrong?

I'm sorry if the answer is obvious. I only just got MV less than a week ago.

5. caethyril

caethyril ^_^ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh, right! Yes: to run a plugin command, you'll need to trigger an event. I'd suggest making an event along these lines~
    • Trigger: Parallel
    • Conditions: (None)
    • Contents:
      Code:
      ◆Plugin Command:weather : 1 : 26 : 40 : 100 : 1 : Light_01B
      ◆Erase Event
    The parallel trigger will let the event run as soon as you enter the map. It will run the Plugin Command, which (hopefully) will change the weather, then it will Erase itself. In other words: the event will run exactly once, every time the player transfers to this map from a different one. Since it's Parallel trigger, the position of the event doesn't matter (I find it's helpful to stick events like this in the corner of the map so they're easy to find if need be). The weather effects will apply to the whole screen.

Is that the sort of thing you were asking about? :)

6. Momochy

Momochy Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    That's kinda what I meant? I tried your suggestion, but that didn't work either. Thanks for trying though! I really appreciate it. ❤

7. caethyril

caethyril ^_^ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sorry for the delay! Does it work if you try something similar with a normal Change Weather event command, rather than the Plugin Command? May help to identify where the problem is, assuming you haven't solved it yet. :kaothx: