Websites that sell assets (tiles and objects mostly) for RPG Maker MV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

karinthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I've recently released a demo for my game Panacea. I made all of the 2D illustrations myself but, when it comes to the pixel art, I mostly had to use free assets with creative commons (except for the character sprites, trees and outside view hotel, which I made myself). Honestly, I'd love to do all the pixel art myself, but I'm still a beginner when it comes to it and it'd be too physically and mentally exhausting to handle everything solo.

Since I intend to make this game commercial, I thought it'd be better to use assets that aren't commonly used by everyone who makes games with RMMV (like the default RPG Maker assets or famous ones like Panda Maru's), and instead buy some from assets stores (also because I can't really afford to pay a pixel artist 30 dollars an hour, or even more, with my current budget :LZSsad:). The problem is... I don't really know any good sites with paid resources for RMMV and what I do manage to find is always pretty much in 32x32 size. Does anyone know any good website or any pixel artist that sells their own assets?

I'd really appreciate the help, thank you!

OktoberLove

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
itch.io is the only place I've found. Although I'd be interested in finding more as well

karinthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
itch.io is the only place I've found. Although I'd be interested in finding more as well
Yeah, me too... and even then, it's hard to find stuff o_O. Hopefully someone else knows more asset stores! :LZSsmile:

Willibab

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I havent found much, and what i find is not full packs (i'd prefer that all art looks like it fits together in my games). This is the main reason why i started making my own art, even if im pretty bad at it atm. Also putting everything out for free so people have more to choose from (and i dont feel its worth paying for :p)

OktoberLove

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I’ve tried dabbling in pixel art but I find it so daunting lol. I really appreciate anyone who makes tilesets that’s a true skill

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
for modernish object assets, the comedy answer is looking up stuff on icon archive and seeing what's available there.

Pro: tons of pixel art, designed to be recognizable iconic objects, roughly rpgmaker size. If you want a basketball or a cordless drill or a printer or something there's a decent chance someone's already made it and it's free to use (or available as part of a pack that costs like ten dollars).

Cons: scale, perspective, and style can be wildly inconsistent, all icons are individual images (so easiest to use as doodads rather than events or tiles), have to filter through a bunch of stuff that's irrelevant to game making.

karinthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does it have to be pixel art?

Yeah, sorry, I'm specifically looking for paid pixel art assets (or pixel artists who don't mind negotiating their rates with low-budget indie gamedevs), and it'd have to allow being used on commercial projects :LZSsad:. Still, thank you for the suggestion!

Kich

Hi-bit pixel artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Yeah, sorry, I'm specifically looking for paid pixel art assets (or pixel artists who don't mind negotiating their rates with low-budget indie gamedevs), and it'd have to allow being used on commercial projects :LZSsad:. Still, thank you for the suggestion!
I make custom pixel art and there are a lot of pixel artists for hire on Classifieds. Rates vary, though (mine may be a bit high for what you're looking for). Here's my shop just in case.

Last edited:

Willibab

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I make custom pixel art and there are a lot of pixel artists for hire on Classifieds. Rates vary, though (mine may be a bit high for what you're looking for). Here's my shop just in case.
I get ''You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.'' from that link.

Kich

Hi-bit pixel artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I get ''You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.'' from that link.
You'll be able to see this section when you reach 30 posts. :) If not, talk to Ms Littlefish.

Last edited:

karinthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks! I recently talked with my Dad about pixel art commissions' pricing, and he will help me with my budget so now I have more to choose from :LZSsmile:.

Do you only work strictly per hour or is it possible to negotiate an initial fixed price for a tileset? Hope it's okay to ask, I'm very new to asking for commissions so I'd like to know as much as possible before hiring anyone.

Kich

Hi-bit pixel artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Do you only work strictly per hour or is it possible to negotiate an initial fixed price for a tileset? Hope it's okay to ask, I'm very new to asking for commissions so I'd like to know as much as possible before hiring anyone.
At the moment I'm working strictly per hour, as I'm having way more requests than I can handle. This way I keep work volume down but still can take enough commissions. It is possible to negotiate a fixed price though, but it will reflect the estimated work time (and tilesets usually are very time consuming). Even if I happen to be out of your budget, I'm sure you can find several experienced pixel artists around here with fairly more flexible rates.

Last edited:

karinthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
At the moment I'm working strictly per hour, as I'm having way more requests than I can handle. This way I keep work volume down but still can take enough commissions. It is possible to negociate a fixed price though, but it will reflect the estimated work time (and tilesets usually are very time consuming). Even if I happen to be out of your budget, I'm sure you can find several experienced pixel artists around here with fairly more flexible rates.
Thank you! I'll see what I can find :LZSsmile: I'm excited to make my game look as nice as possible.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've deleted several message in this thread. Links to paid assets that are not from our stores are currently not allowed. The only exception is when it's to fulfill a particular and specific request and there are no free alternative at first glance. Since we don't allow links to paid assets, this thread will be closed.

@Kich There's a reason we have a restricted classified section. All discussions regarding commissions should be handled there or in private message, not in a support section like here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

And now since I've got the whole game parts working, the *contents* await.

I've invented a cheap way to manipulate weather. Should I get it patented?
It's change from frikin' hot to beautiful at the cost of only 4 beers.
I think is french enough.
Yanfly told me the new earth all animations in MZ look a bit like summoning potatoes and now I can't unsee it. halp

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akshpatil