Wecoc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Catalan
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I've been checking the RTP of MZ and those graphics are pretty nice, but I felt some tiles are a bit off to me. That's why I'll make some fixes, and maybe some addons as well.

I know others have been doing the same, for example Avy's MZ Stuff has some great fixes...
But you know me, I'm the RTP addons guy. It's my jam :aswt:

English
- Credits (Wecoc) are optional but appreciated.
- Free for commercial & non-commercial use.
- You can edit them freely and post them here or somewhere else, but in that case don't take full credit.
- You need to own RMMZ to be allowed to use them legally (if you do, you can use them in another RPG maker)

German
I don't speak German, why am I doing this.

Here's an example tile from Dungeon_A4.
mz_comparisonB.gif

So, let's start with some Dungeon stuff!

Dungeon: Ice tiles
mv-tiles-ice.png

Dungeon: Lava tiles
mv-tiles-lava.png

Dungeon: Walls
mv-tiles-walls.png

Last edited:

BrentBAM

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Looks good! I might use them they do look improved. Thanks!

Coma70se

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks really good man

Wecoc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Catalan
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I edited the first post to separate the different things and also to include some new stuff.

I'll continue with the dungeon to follow the order they present.

Personally, I don't like the grass tile in the dungeon set. Well, I say grass but it looks like you're walking over a bunch of green beans. You know what, scratch that, now I like it. It sounds hilarious.

Anyway, I made a new one.

Dungeon: Grass
mv-tiles-greenbeans.png

This is the template I made for some of the autotiles, and also an example.

mv-template.png

By the way, if the green cliff looks 'familiar' is because I took inspiration from an XP tileset called Blueleaf Forest from Aveyond, but it was only for reference. The pixelart is mine therefore no extra credits are involved, it simply ended looking more like the original than I was hoping.
Hope you understand it :aswt2:

Last edited:

Wecoc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Catalan
Primarily Uses
RMXP
New stuff! I remade both the reptilian and the dark cave tiles because they looked a bit weird. Also, this time I made recolors as well.

I'm still with the A tiles of Dungeon, this isn't going very fast :aswt:

Dungeon: Dark cave
mv-tiles-darkcastle.png

Dungeon: Reptile
mv-tiles-reptile.png

Dungeon: Reptile (recolors)
mv-tiles-reptile-recolor.png

Wecoc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Catalan
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I know what you're thinking, that last reptile recolor seems ideal for expanding it into an innerbody. You can do that yourselves if you want, but I always feel innerbody tilesets are generally too bright, so I decided to go another direction.

I also made a variant for the ice cave.

Dungeon: Inner body
mv-tiles-innerbody.png

Dungeon: Ice tiles 2
mv-tiles-ice-B.png

Wecoc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Catalan
Primarily Uses
RMXP
The palette matching of some things in this RTP is terrible, so I tried to fix that. I also made some recolors and other stuff, check it out, there's a lot of stuff today.

I'm sorry for not adjusting things to the base template of the program, but I generally don't like to do that with these kinds of edits.

mv-tiles-dungeon-extras.png

Well, I'm pretty much done with the dungeon, at least for now. I don't do commissions, but you can make suggestions or a wishlist if you want, and I may consider them... But please, focus on things I've already looked (by now, it's only the dungeon tilesets).

I'll be looking at interiors next.

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
looking forward to the interiors! my suggestion/wishlist would be...taking those cave tiles you've done, and making curved versions of them, along with full A5 versions of them.

Wecoc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Catalan
Primarily Uses
RMXP
That's a nice idea indeed, thank you :ahappy:

The default interiors are better than the dungeons, except for the carpets with those ugly colors, so I changed them. I also included step version of those carpets that will work with this staircase.

Also the default woods don't match, but Avy already solved that here.
This time I’m just sweeping behind the work others have already done :aswt:

mv_tiles_interior.png

Wecoc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Catalan
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Dungeon: Treasure
mv-tiles-treasure.png

Exterior: Roofs
mv-tiles-exterior.png

Is the default skeleton supposed to be a child? (if that's the case, Jesus Christ)

skeleton-child.png

I changed its proportions, and also did a version buried in sand.

mv-tiles-skeleton.png

GalacticGod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The gold and the bones looks super cool.

Wecoc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Catalan
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Going in order (more or less) I got into Inside_C already, so today is items day! :D

Yeah, it's just a few edits that may work better as Doodads or joining them together like I did with that market yesterday, so it's basic stuff and some things that simply were missing, but I think they may be handy.

mv-tiles-objects.png

I won't do any of these myself because sadly characters are not my best, but I want to give this as a little extra idea.

I think it would be nice to have some characters using the clothes from the default manikins. Some are already there, like the arabian hat, but most are missing. The clothes would need to be stretched, though.

chara_soldier.png

I don't know if someone has done this before.

Wecoc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Catalan
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Tents.

mv-tiles-tent.png

Wecoc said:
You can make suggestions or a wishlist if you want, and I may consider them... But please, focus on things I've already looked (by now, it's only the dungeon tilesets).

I'm pretty much done with interiors for now (except for maybe a few more items) so you can update your wishlist or make more suggestions if you like.

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Absolutely love your work, thank you.

Wecoc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Catalan
Primarily Uses
RMXP
This post is a bit of a different one, it's more of an analysis on what I've been looking so far, since we're reaching SF and World, which are mainly "apart" from the rest :asad:

That doesn't mean I won't be doing anything else for already looked tilesets, but I'm basically getting first the things I miss the most on those.

So, that's it, I've basically reached the end of Outside. Those exterior tilesets have some things a little weird, but I think others have already fixed the main problems there (for example Candacis).

Also, today I made a code that allows building the roof of the towers like that one on Outside_C, but I won't be using that myself on default roofs because I don't like them very much :aswt:

Instead, I've made some new roofs and walls, and since some days ago I changed the brick wall the tower is based on, I also changed the wall of the tower to fit that one better. Avery did something similar here.

mv-tiles-exterior-B.png

There are still some things that make no sense to me on this RTP. For example, there are three Castle battlebacks that use the same golden wall and columns, it's like they are an important part of the tilesets... but those tiles don't exist. These kinds of discrepancies are all over the place.

But well, for now I focused on things I've already made, updating them a bit.

mv-tiles-extra-stuff.png

I also made a windowskin. Bet you weren't expecting that!

mv-windowskin.png

Saireau

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great stuff! :) Thank you!

Wecoc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Catalan
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Why do palettes never match?? (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I fixed the palettes on those mountains. The original little volcanoes are already the big ones scaled down, they changed their palette to mess with us. :aswt:

Also, I understand it's a "worldmap" representation, but those autotiles are too uniform, so I made a more irregular version of some.

mv-tiles-world.png

mv-tiles-brick.png

BeanCanDev

Can of Beans
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks! This stuff is great! The only thing is I'm bad at tileset management so maybe some stuff I can just use as is?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News for 26th September 2021

Well... it's been a while since I was last here :kaoswt: I don't want to say I'm officially 'back' yet, but I've recently started working with RM again, so I might become active here again :kaohi:
Mmmm I love Coca Cola candy! :kaoluv:
aaaand my power is out. I sometimes think that I'm cursed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack_