Weekly Art Challenge #1

Who do you think wins?

• Makio-Kuta - http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/20303-weekly-art-challenge-1/?p=195220

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Archeia - http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/20303-weekly-art-challenge-1/?p=194153

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Caz - http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/20303-weekly-art-challenge-1/?p=194991

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilEagles

Stargazer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other

Introduction

Weekly Art Challenge is a recurring event for the Art, Literature and Music forum wherein there is a new challenge for artists every week. The goal of the event is to encourage art and going outside the box by imposing interesting challenges and limitations. After a week, a poll will be up for everyone to vote to select the best entry. The winner with the most votes will receive a pretty little badge for bragging rights.

​
Rules

• A new challenge/theme will be posted up in a new thread every week.
  • Participants are to follow the rules imposed by the challenge/theme. Any questions may be asked. However, I reserve the right to disqualify any entries that I feel do not meet the criterion.
  • A challenge lasts for approximately a week. Deadline for all Weekly Challenges is strictly at 12:00AM, GMT +0, on Monday.
  • On the week after, a poll will be up in the same thread. Only one entry will win, In the case where there are more than one winning entry with equal votes, all winning entries will be rewarded.
  • Poll for voting will be available from the submission deadline to Saturday, when the winner will be announced.
  • The winner gets to call the theme/challenge for the following week. If the winner does not wish to do so, then I will come up with one.
  • All forms of art are welcome.
  • No need to register. Just start working on your entry right away if you've decided to participate.
  • Post your entries in this thread. WIPs are encouraged, but please explicitly specify your final submission.
  • There is absolutely no measurements coming from us on the completion of a piece. Whether a piece is complete for final submission or not, is entirely your own call. So don't be discouraged if you think you can only afford to doodle a couple lines. Anything is fine.
This week's Challenge

Redraw something from the RPG Maker VX Ace RTP - sprites, portraits, parallaxes, backgrounds, etc are all allowed. Entries can be a re-imagination and do not necessarily need to be game assets. Edits are not allowed.
 ​
  • Deadline: 12:00AM (GMT +0) on Monday, December 2nd, 2013.
  • Poll for voting will be available from the submission deadline to Saturday, December 7th, 2013.
  • Any questions may be asked here.
  • All forms of art are welcome.
  • Post your entries in this thread. WIPs are encouraged, but please explicitly specify your final submission.

And that is it. Have fun!
 ​

Last edited by a moderator:

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh, yay~ I love weekly art challenges and also this is a fun first topic *^*

It's so quiet in here though, so I'll post a WIP and maybe get some stuff happening?? Going to redraw 8 random characters and make them face sets in my own style.

WIP~ 3 more characters to go

And, just cause here's the full pictures... at half size lol

EvilEagles

Stargazer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other
Chill there ladies. I know this challenge is super fun and exciting and all, but please stand in line.

Sigh. It's never easy to hold popular events like this.

Chef Boy RD

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Of course I'll be inclined to join, however, I do not have RMVX Ace installed (as well as the RTP pack), so finding a graphic via Google to serve as my inspiration, is somewhat difficult (is it someone else's original work?  an edit?  etc.).  Not to mention, I have no idea of what I want to create lol, and that is half the battle right there.

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Aw~ So much awesome stuff. I hope you finish that Caz; she's really cute so far!

I'm all done mine, so here's my final submission.

I was silly and went and wrote a whole story in my head at work the other day for these characters. The last two are same facing hardcore for... "Reasons" pft

Fullsized in spoiler tag, just cause! I was too lazy to save them as one file so, warning for that.

The prince is a girl because I said so.

I'm excited to see what else people enter :3

EvilEagles

Stargazer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other
All 3 entries so far are really gorgeous ;-; keep it coming guys.

And dang this contest is so popular with the ladies.

Reactions: Caz

Caz

Green Eyes Blonde Dragon
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hngh Maki those are all so nice.. and dang, I'd tap dat prince(ss?).

And dang this contest is so popular with the ladies.
I'm just uncomfortable with you not "condoning my shenanigans." This was all blackmail! 

EvilEagles

Stargazer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other
Alright guys, I'm going to extend the timeframe to 2 weeks, since it seems the amount of participants is a bit way too under the bar. The deadline will be strictly at 12:00AM, GMT +0, on Monday, 9th of December.

EvilEagles

Stargazer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other
And there we go. The poll is up and will be available until December 15th.

You can find Challenge #2 over here.

Chef Boy RD

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ohhhh, lol, GMT time zone, whoops.... Alright, I'll most definitely enter the next one.

EvilEagles

Stargazer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other
Just letting you guys know the poll will be closed soon.

Challenge #2 is still going on over here.

EvilEagles

Stargazer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other
 ​
 ​
Time for voting is up. It seems we finally have a winner for Weekly Art Challenge #1. A big thanks to everyone who participated and to those who voted for the entries. To be quite frank, I really couldn't take a winner out of the three entries.​
 ​
But well, the majority wins in any case. So here's a wrap-up for the poll:​
 ​
Makio-Kuta - 10 votes
Archeia - 11 votes
Caz - 3 votes
 ​
And so, the winner of our very first Weekly Art Challenge is the lovely Archeia, who will be receiving this little badge for bragging rights.
 ​
 ​
 ​
Again, thank you all very much for your attention and participation. And please don't forget to check out our 2nd Weekly Challenge over here~​
 ​
 ​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Managed to find a way to hang a bed cover over my window. So no more being toasted alive in the afternoon!:kaoswt2:
So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.
Any also thought it's too cringy to put the word "and you" in your credit as a special thanks?
Cause that's what I thought...
Everyone in the US right now: Please stay safe.
Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kelevra069