Weekly Art Challenge #17

Discussion in 'Weekly Art Challenge' started by EvilEagles, Apr 29, 2014.

?

Who do you think wins?

1. Pyonkotchi - http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/118/6/4/egg_by_pyonkotcchi-d7ge689.gif

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Neverward - http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t618/epacakes/3color_zps2baad868.png

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  3. Talo - http://i.imgur.com/V5oeMSj.png

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Julien Brightside - http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/uploads/monthly_05_2014/post-2658-0-27403400-13991

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. CorneredCosmos - http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/26495-weekly-art-challenge-17/?p=255

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. theadellie - http://oi61.tinypic.com/539zzt.jpg

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  7. Clydous - https://soundcloud.com/thatmaestroguy/hatching-life

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EvilEagles

EvilEagles Stargazer Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    [​IMG]

Introduction

Weekly Art Challenge is a recurring event for the Art, Literature and Music forum wherein there is a new challenge for artists every week. The goal of the event is to encourage art and going outside the box by imposing interesting challenges and limitations. After a week, a poll will be up for everyone to vote to select the best entry. The winner with the most votes will receive a pretty little badge for bragging rights.

Also, please be sure to check out the previous challenge's thread.

[​IMG]

Rules

• A new challenge/theme will be posted up in a new thread every week.
    • Participants are to follow the rules imposed by the challenge/theme. Any questions may be asked. However, I reserve the right to disqualify any entries that I feel do not meet the criterion.
    • A challenge lasts for approximately a week. Deadline for all Weekly Challenges is strictly at 12:00AM, GMT +0, on Monday.
    • On the week after, a poll will be up in the same thread. Only one entry will win. In the case where there are more than one winning entry with equal votes, all winning entries will be rewarded.
    • Poll for voting will be available from the submission deadline to Saturday, when the winner will be announced.
    • The winner gets to call the theme/challenge for the following week. If the winner does not wish to do so, then I will come up with one.
    • All forms of art are welcome.
    • No need to register. Just start working on your entry right away if you've decided to participate.
    • Post your entries in this thread. WIPs are encouraged, but please explicitly specify your final submission.
    • There is absolutely no measurements coming from us on the completion of a piece. Whether a piece is complete for final submission or not, is entirely your own call. So don't be discouraged if you think you can only afford to doodle a couple lines. Anything is fine.
    • Entries must be done completely from scratch by their respective participants. This means no pre-existing stock materials are allowed, regardless of the degree to which they have been altered. Whoever is caught intentionally violating this rule will be subject to the punishment stated in our Forum Rules regarding Credit Theft.
    • Entries must be done within the week after the challenge has been issued. No previously done work is allowed. Entries violating this rule may be automatically disqualified without prior notice.
    [​IMG]

This week's Challenge

Egg.

• Deadline: 12:00AM (GMT +0) on Monday, May 5th, 2014.
    • Poll for voting will be available from the submission deadline to Saturday, May 10th, 2014.
    • Any questions may be asked here.
    • All forms of art are welcome.
    • Post your entries in this thread. WIPs are encouraged, but please explicitly specify your final submission.

And that is it. Have fun!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2014
    Dalph likes this.
  2. EvilEagles

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    This is going to be really hilarious.

sai likes this.
  3. Monkeysnow55 The Cookie

Monkeysnow55 The Cookie Cookie Queen Veteran

First Language:
    Cookie
    Ha! Can I add sunglasses or something on it?

4. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ (Retired Villain) Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    OMG, I'm sure that sai and the eggternal dreggon will love this...ahahahah! XD

This is so eggciting, I'll definitely follow it, I expect some eggcellent entries. :D

Susan and sai like this.
  5. Clydous

Clydous Slowly moseying my way back... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Most interesting. The wheels are certainly turning for this one...

6. sai

sai devourer of eggs Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm sorry, eggv'ryone.

Dalph likes this.
  7. Pyonkotchi

Pyonkotchi Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    oh my god its like this challenge was made for me

8. Chaos Avian

Chaos Avian Abyssal Wing Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Considering my dark, morbid natural take on things, having "Egg" as a theme will lead to a really disturbing submission from me. Not for the faint hearted, easily offended or sensitive person. With that said I shall get to work because I almost double a sadistic lovable who cares nothing for human ethics when it comes to art.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2014
  9. Pyonkotchi

Pyonkotchi Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    i got a lil ...eggcited and finished mine pretty quickly

[​IMG]

i made one of my ocs into a tamagotchi B )

10. That Bread

That Bread Veteran Veteran

Wow this is rather vague. I like it! Egg anything with an egg, that's alot of freedom, now what should I do?

11. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think I got something silly for this. :D

12. Neverward

Neverward Keeping it trill Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm glad I saw this when it began so I could work on this :)

I love eggs, this one inspired me! I took it as a challenge to also work with minimal colors, 5 colors total.

The Birth of Rhakbal; Cannibal God of Blood.

warning: it's got blood!

[​IMG]

And because I like to record my progress, I have a step by step below :D

[​IMG]

13. Julien Brightside

Julien Brightside Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Norway
    Pyonkotchi, that is adorable.

Neverward, interesting picture. There are quite a number of dieties that come from eggs.

14. Talo

Talo Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    I made a sprite sheet... sticking with my sprite theme entries from now on.

[​IMG]

15. Julien Brightside

Julien Brightside Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Norway
    Much to the surprise of the astronauts, it turns out the Earth was a giant egg all along.

Too bad it hatched.

earthegg.png

16. That Bread

That Bread Veteran Veteran

I drew up something to go along with a fairy tale I wrote

[​IMG]
    The fairy tale is called The Green Knight. It tells a tale about a king and a queens wish for a child and how the queen and king cannot birth one of their own.

The Great Egg

Once upon a time, there was a kingdom far off the ground that nothing could ever touch it. Here the fruits grew fat and luscious; the people had no ales and did not sin. Their leaders the king and queen were generous, but they did not have a single child.

The king fathomed the idea of one but knew that it would not come; his queen was in favor of his idea. All had heard of the ground below and of a great lord who kept order in the fearsome lands below. This man was known as the green knight and held a castle of his own. He was known to have great power and could perform miracles.

It was the knowledge of his existence that the kings want for a child grew every year and his wife was ill and wished she could have one before she died. They both knew it was not possible, so the king went upon the bold task of venturing the desolate and sinful earth below. Full of unknown evil.

Through the eerie forest where monsters roared and swooped upon unsuspecting prey, the king ventured out in the direction rumored to be where the green knights green fortress lie. With strong determination the king found the grand emerald palace. Nobody stood guard, so he simply ventured into the green knights domain, until he reached where the green knight sat in his throne. Covered head to toe in emerald armor, the knight did not budge he simply sat and stared upon the king who had descended from above his perch.

The king approached determined to get what he and his wife desired most and he spoke as if he owned this kingdom.

“I demand that you grant a child to our kingdom!”

The knight’s voice cut through the air as fine as a blade

“A child will be yours if you sacrifice all that is yours.”

The king cared not if his kingdom was gone, or if his people and food were gone all that mattered was that he would get his the one thing that he desired most

“Then deliver me the child.”

The knight nodded and said

“It is done; when you arrive your child will be there.”

The king ran back anxious to find his new born child. But when he reached his town he saw that the village was crumbled and the lush vegetation was nothing but dust. His castle was near collapse but it stood strong against the wind. The king did naught care for his villages’ fate and ran inside the kingdom, not to be met by his wife but by a giant egg that lay in the center of the throne room. Light shone upon the strange egg, the king stared in awe at the egg. Feeling anger boil inside of him, he ran to his wives room to ensure that this egg was simply one of a beast, when he entered the room his worst fear was realized. When the knight said that he would have to sacrifice all that was his he had meant even his wife. The king crumpled to the ground and asked himself what he had done. He yelled it high into the heavens hoping something anything would answer him.

Nobody spoke only the echoes of his own voice; he sulked back to the egg and wondered where his child was. He then struck to another realization the knight had lied, there was not a child anywhere to be heard or seen.

The king roared with furry and punched the egg, breaking his fist. The egg did not crack. For he had hit the knight who stood in front of him. The king asked

“Where is my wife? My Child”

The knight snickered and said

“You never said to spare your wife, as for the child it is in the egg.”

The king stared in utter confusion, the knight answered coolly.

“This is your punishment for being selfish; the egg will lay here until a pure hearted soul finds it. As for you, you will live out the rest of your life watching the egg. Guarding it until you can instruct anyone who treks up this horrible path.”

The king yelled

“NO! This was not our deal… I will end my life!”

So the king out of defiance of the green knight took his sword to his heart and stuck it through. He felt no pain and did not fall; he was still alive as ever. The knight told him

“You are already dead and will remain here and rot for century’s to come.”

The king fell to his knees, feeling that he was truly powerless in this situation. He knew that this was brought upon by himself. He closed his eyes and let guilt swallow him. For he would remain here for eternity until a person found the land that once ran away from the sin of below only to embrace it in the end.

numfanklewhat and EvilEagles like this.
  17. Adellie

Adellie NPC Veteran

18. Clydous

Clydous Slowly moseying my way back... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    So! My entry to this week's Weekly Art Challenge is a simple composition, representing new life hatching from, you guessed it, an egg. Fully mastered, and made with love (well....), this is a rather nice change from my regular style of action...this one can't be used as a battle theme! XD

I hope you all enjoy it for what it is. Now presenting...

19. Hailren

Hailren Title Screen Master. Rpg Maker Artist. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Here Is My Submission  BD

Entry.png

20. EvilEagles

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    [​IMG]

Time for voting is up. It seems we finally have a winner for Weekly Art Challenge #17. A big thanks to everyone who participated and to those who voted for the entries. Here's a wrap-up for the poll:

Pyonkotchi - 7 votes

Neverward - 3 votes

Talo - 1 vote

Julien Brightside - 0 vote

CorneredCosmos - 0 vote

theadellie - 4 votes

Clydous - 5 votes

And so, the winner of our 17th Weekly Art Challenge is the talented Pyonkotchiwho will be receiving this little badge for bragging rights.

[​IMG]

Again, thank you all very much for your attention and participation. And please don't forget to check out our 18th Weekly Art Challenge over here~

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.