Weekly Art Challenge #4

Who do you think wins?

• Loke - http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/357/7/a/til_mormor_by_goryantlers-d6z3a7v.png

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Hailren - http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/uploads/monthly_12_2013/post-18499-0-28634500-1387842749.jpg

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Makio-Kuta - http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/357/4/4/weeklychall4small_by_makio_kuta-d6z57ch.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Luchi - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67992534/FanArt%20for%20a%20Friend.png

• Clareain_Christopher - http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/20563/locker/C_Ccintiq.png

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Chaos Avian - http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll87/Phoenix-Crest/XMasAoD_zps7e3ad128.png

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Art Gallery - http://www.imagesload.net/img/DiscoBall.png

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BladesOfGlory - http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2818/11588640993_f5eae8a549_o.png

• knock-knock - http://i41.tinypic.com/wmfcko.jpg

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilEagles

Stargazer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other

Introduction

Weekly Art Challenge is a recurring event for RPG Maker Web wherein there is a new challenge for artists every week. The goal of the event is to encourage art and going outside the box by imposing interesting challenges and limitations. After a week, a poll will be up for everyone to vote to select the best entry. The winner with the most votes will receive a pretty little badge for bragging rights.

Also, please be sure to check out the previous challenge's thread.

Rules

• A new challenge/theme will be posted up in a new thread every week.
  • Participants are to follow the rules imposed by the challenge/theme. Any questions may be asked. However, I reserve the right to disqualify any entries that I feel do not meet the criterion.
  • A challenge lasts for approximately a week. Deadline for all Weekly Challenges is strictly at 12:00AM, GMT +0, on Monday.
  • On the week after, a poll will be up in the same thread. Only one entry will win, In the case where there are more than one winning entry with equal votes, all winning entries will be rewarded.
  • Poll for voting will be available from the submission deadline to Saturday, when the winner will be announced.
  • The winner gets to call the theme/challenge for the following week. If the winner does not wish to do so, then I will come up with one.
  • All forms of art are welcome.
  • No need to register. Just start working on your entry right away if you've decided to participate.
  • Post your entries in this thread. WIPs are encouraged, but please explicitly specify your final submission.
  • There are absolutely no measurements coming from us on the completion of a piece. Whether a piece is complete for final submission or not, is entirely your own call. So don't be discouraged if you think you can only afford to doodle a couple lines. Anything is fine.
This week's Challenge

All I want for Christmas is ...
 ​
  • Deadline: 12:00AM (GMT +0) on Monday, December 30th, 2013.
  • Poll for voting will be available from the submission deadline to Saturday, January 4th, 2014.
  • Any questions may be asked here.
  • All forms of art are welcome.
  • Post your entries in this thread. WIPs are encouraged, but please explicitly specify your final submission.
  • All participants will receive a badge, as this week is a special week (Christmas week). The winner, of course, will get a different badge.

And that is it. Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr.Yami

。◕‿◕。
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other
I want a badge, can I draw myself a badge?

Arin

Tonight...we dine...in-oh a piece of candy!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Fraglspock
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh yea, also, no alt accounts. :D

Loke

Hyperactive Art Person
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aww, this is literally the perfect theme for what I've been doing these last few days! Lovely!

A little backstory: 

Every year my grandmother tells me that all she wants me to get her for christmas is a drawing. Every year I let her down, and always ended up feeling really bad about it afterwards. So this year, I decided to change that.

I know that she loves pink, cute things, glitter and dresses, so I set out on a quest to practice drawing that kind of stuff. A week's worth of hard work later, I finally managed to find a style I was comfortable with, and so I started working on the actual gift. It was a slow process, as it often is when I draw in an unfamiliar style, but I really enjoyed drawing this for her. I kept thinking about how happy she'll be when I present it to her, and that was all the drive I needed to keep working on it, even under the influence of christmas depression, laziness, procrastination and an endless arsenal of other bad excuses.

Now that it's done, I feel more accomplished than I've done in a long time, and I can't wait to finally let her see it! I love to make my family happy. All I want for christmas is just to spend time with them and have a lovely evening. And as far as I'm concerned, that's not too much to ask, right?

Happy holidays to you all, have a good one!

[Edit] By the way, translation: "To Grandma, Merry Christmas" - it has nothing to do with god, haha.

Hailren

Title Screen Master. Rpg Maker Artist.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Here is my entry  BD

Christmas Entry 1.jpg

:wub:  Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays :wub:

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Loke - that picture is so cute and the story that goes with it is even cuter! I bet your grandma will be super happy :>

All I want for Christmas is the third BlazBlue game! (but that's not out for a couple of months yet ;o;-----why)

Sorry the fullsized one is pretty big for posting directly into the forum >o> final submissionnnn

PixelLuchi

Quiet Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
UK English
Primarily Uses
My submission is actually an old piece of art I did during December last year, but I did the colouring today. It's a fanart for a friend of mine, like my Xmas present to her ( even though I don't celebrate it myself ) and both of us love these two characters, and fan art of them together is rarer than hen's teeth. 

Warning: It's a bit.. ah.... yuri. XD

LuciaxElincia from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. I think she'll really, really like it. =)
So that's my submission. Final.

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (Retired Villain)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Loke:

Awesome, she reminds me about Madoka from Madoka Magica in some way. Great job^^

@Makio-Kuta:

Gorgeous work, I really love the colours, the faces and their expressions. Why you are so amazing? Just tell me...

@Luchi:

o_O ....at first I tought that the blue haired girl was an old version of Laine from your game Enelysion. XD

I'm not a yuri addict but...it looks lovely^^

PixelLuchi

Quiet Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
UK English
Primarily Uses
@Dalph:

I don't blame you. =) Laine is an edit of that character. XD

Loke

Hyperactive Art Person
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Loke, you already have my vote.
Haha, appreciate it!

@Loke - that picture is so cute and the story that goes with it is even cuter! I bet your grandma will be super happy :>
Aw thank you, haha. She liked it a lot, thankfully!

@Loke:

Awesome, she reminds me about Madoka from Madoka Magica in some way. Great job^^
Really? That didn't even cross my mind, but that's probably because I know nothing about the show, haha. Thanks though!

Art Gallery

Bye Rose Wala Leo
Reaction score
First Language
s
Primarily Uses
I Don't Celebrate Christmas,Thats Why I Don't Do Christmas Art. ^^ Sorry!

Disco Ball

BladesOfGlory

Lord of Cheese
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

A simple Christmas card that I made for kids.

The girl above is Annie Claus (Santa's only daughter) and she

helps spread the holiday cheer for her father. There is also a movie called 'Annie Claus' which is a very good Christmas tale.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hmm, deciding how to vote is going to be tough this time.  Excellent entries.

Square_art

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
I just completed my submission!! :)

What I want for Christmas? I work hard to be able to have all material stuff, but ultimately I get it, so All I want for Christmas is ...  just some love... I've been thinking how to illustrate it, how to share it, so, here the idea

Work in progress. I took pencils and pastel!

Work in progress. I put main colours, only details left!

Final submission. Please enjoy!!

I hope you like pastel art and this style, this picture :)   I did it special for challenge, so you if you really like it, please vote!! :)

Loke

Hyperactive Art Person
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So many awesome entries this week! Man, it's gonna be really tough to vote...

EvilEagles

Stargazer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other
And the poll is now up guys. Remember to cast your votes before the poll is closed on the 4th of January, 2013.

Also, please be sure to checkout our newest challenge over here.

EvilEagles

Stargazer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other

Time for voting is up. It seems we finally have a winner for Weekly Art Challenge #4. A big thanks to everyone who participated and to those who voted for the entries. Here's a wrap-up for the poll:

Loke - 9 votes

Hailren - 1 vote

Makio-Kuta - 3 votes

Luchi - 1 vote

Clareain_Christopher - 3 votes

Chaos Avian - 2 votes

Art Gallery - 0 vote

BladesOfGlory - 1 vote

knock-knock - 5 votes

And so, the winner of our 4th Weekly Art Challenge is the fantastic Lokewho will be receiving this little badge for bragging rights.

Also, everybody who participated in the challenge will also receive this badge as a little appreciation for putting their time and effort in this special challenge

Again, thank you all very much for your attention and participation. And please don't forget to check out our 5th Weekly Challenge over here~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I think one of my weirdest realizations is that my speed of game development would probably be about the same if I *didn't* work a full-time manual labor job.
Quick question, what's the best way to capture-er, I mean RECRUIT playtesters? Should I make a project thread and use that?
Node Graph out of Date. Rebuilding...
Does anyone know of any good Discord groups for art or biology discussion, that sort of thing?
Trying to access kissanime, Facing issues, Here are 5 working KissAnime Alternatives.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoulDiamond