Weekly Art Challenge #8

Discussion in 'Weekly Art Challenge' started by EvilEagles, Feb 10, 2014.

?

Who do you think wins?

1. BustedEd - http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/836/fiht.png

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. Julien Brightside - http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/uploads/monthly_02_2014/post-2658-0-79664200-13923

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. VexedEnigma - http://i.imgur.com/ecVaj8J.png

11 vote(s)
    64.7%
  4. Talo - http://i.imgur.com/5QQoBfh.png

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  5. sai - http://i.imgur.com/OLsqEeF.png

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  6. Tyler Warren - http://images.artwanted.com/large/58/7220_1323558.jpg

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  7. numfanklewhat - https://i.imgur.com/y2mi72P.jpg

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  8. CorneredCosmos - http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/047/5/b/hades_by_eternalgraces-d76sxth.jpg

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Chef Boy RD - http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa351/Whopper_JR/weapon-1.png

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EvilEagles

EvilEagles Stargazer Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    [​IMG]

Introduction

Weekly Art Challenge is a recurring event for the Art, Literature and Music forum wherein there is a new challenge for artists every week. The goal of the event is to encourage art and going outside the box by imposing interesting challenges and limitations. After a week, a poll will be up for everyone to vote to select the best entry. The winner with the most votes will receive a pretty little badge for bragging rights.

[​IMG]

Rules

• A new challenge/theme will be posted up in a new thread every week.
    • Participants are to follow the rules imposed by the challenge/theme. Any questions may be asked. However, I reserve the right to disqualify any entries that I feel do not meet the criterion.
    • A challenge lasts for approximately a week. Deadline for all Weekly Challenges is strictly at 12:00AM, GMT +0, on Monday.
    • On the week after, a poll will be up in the same thread. Only one entry will win. In the case where there are more than one winning entry with equal votes, all winning entries will be rewarded.
    • Poll for voting will be available from the submission deadline to Saturday, when the winner will be announced.
    • The winner gets to call the theme/challenge for the following week. If the winner does not wish to do so, then I will come up with one.
    • All forms of art are welcome.
    • No need to register. Just start working on your entry right away if you've decided to participate.
    • Post your entries in this thread. WIPs are encouraged, but please explicitly specify your final submission.
    • There is absolutely no measurements coming from us on the completion of a piece. Whether a piece is complete for final submission or not, is entirely your own call. So don't be discouraged if you think you can only afford to doodle a couple lines. Anything is fine.
    [​IMG]

This week's Challenge

Design a Weapon.

• Deadline: 12:00AM (GMT +0) on Monday, February 17th, 2014.
    • Poll for voting will be available from the submission deadline to Saturday, February 22nd, 2014.
    • Any questions may be asked here.
    • All forms of art are welcome.
    • Post your entries in this thread. WIPs are encouraged, but please explicitly specify your final submission.

And that is it. Have fun!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2014
    Scinaya likes this.
  2. Clydous

Clydous Slowly moseying my way back... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hmmm...this is definitely going to conflict with the "Encounters of the Boss Kind" contest I'm already doing. Hopefully, I can still push out a tune for such a theme...!

3. Chef Boy RD

Chef Boy RD Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hm, I like the difficulty, it's not high.  We're being eased back into the art mood slowly after the break.  Not to mention that we probably lost a lot of participants and it'll take some time for them to rejoin, if they are anyway (after seeing the fantastic art of all the competitors, you guys better be rejoining).

Anyways, I think I'm going to go for a Dark Cloud approach.  For those who do not know, that was a game where the protagonist, Max, was sort of an inventor.  You could invent weapons (with unique designs in my opinion) from peculiar items, such as a tennis racket or something.

EvilEagles likes this.
  4. Chiara

Chiara Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Nice challenge, endless possibilities. Part of the challenge seems to be to choose which kind of weapon. D:

I hope I'll find time for this. And everyone else does, too.

Until then, is it okay to share a linklist to some weapon references? http://www.vikingsword.com/ethsword/ Found this site some time ago, think its helpful for getting inspiration/information.

5. Creative Ed

Creative Ed Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Made this drawing for a Dungeons&Dragons campaign I'm starting with some friends. Since I made kind of a weird Scyth maybe it blends in well with this week's challange :)

[​IMG]
    I made the handle pretty rough aswell as the blade looking really used-up and old to resemble a Grimm Reaper-ish Schyth. Also added a piece of wood at the left to give it some balance, or else it would probably brake in the junction between the handle and the blade due to the blade's weight xD

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014
    Scinaya, numfanklewhat, sai and 6 others like this.
  6. Julien Brightside

Julien Brightside Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Norway
    Quite the nice drawing BustedEd.

I just went with a silly idea and drew sword that freezes on one side and scorches on the other.

twinblade.png

7. EvilEagles

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Loving the submissions so far guys!

Also too bad insults don't have an actual shape right?

8. Scythuz

Scythuz Explorer Bot *beep beep* Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Looking forward to seeing the entries, I've been keeping an eye on these challenges for a while and it's great seeing everyone put out such great art in such a short time. :)

9. Makio-Kuta

Makio-Kuta Canadian Goose Veteran

First Language:
    English
    What a cool theme~ I don't have time to contribute this time, but I look forward to seeing everyone else's art~ Also! I'm just excited that the weekly art challenge is back in swing~

10. Vexed

Vexed Malibu Darby Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'll take any chance to design a weapon! It's something I always enjoy but never seem to do it enough. Anyways, here's my swordie sword~

[​IMG]

This will probably be my finalised submission, though I wish I had time to do a matching shield...

Galv, Scinaya, Makio-Kuta and 10 others like this.
  11. EvilEagles

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    @VE: God I'm totally in love with that sword ;_; and dayum your style is always so clean.

Also I've decided that whoever wins this one will get a pixellated version of their submission as the winning badge XD

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2014
    sai and Neverward like this.
  12. Talo

Talo Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    As this is RPG Maker, here is a sprite for a Spear/Sword.  Looks better as an Icon though.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2014
    Scinaya, Makio-Kuta and numfanklewhat like this.
  13. Vexed

Vexed Malibu Darby Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Alex:- Awww, thanks! I'm really happy with it too, for the most part. I should probably have done the other side as well as it has an asymmetrical design but, I'm really lazy busy!

People keep saying my style is clean... but tbh I did that in just a couple of hours and I keep staring at it thinking the lines and shading are all messy and uneven and need cleaning up XD

Still, I'll take the compliment! :)

14. sai

sai devourer of eggs Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I was debating on what design I should put up, but I settled to submit this one!
    [​IMG]
    Not final! I'll give it some adjustments and color later, but I usually like to draw weapons in a sheet with bits of info smattered on it.

15. Talo

Talo Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    @sai a butterfly sword.  I like it.

16. Tyler Warren

Tyler Warren Creator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Awesome submissions by everyone so far, wanted to add my Red Dragon Sword.

[​IMG]

17. Talo

Talo Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    @tyler I would love to use that sword as an icon in the game, but I feel it would lose something during the resize

18. numfanklewhat

numfanklewhat Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    So glad the weekly challenge is rolling again! here's my submission, inspired by the hype surrounding MGS I decided to design something wacky, a parody of the notorious HF Blade used by Raiden in MG: RIising and here it's a High Frequency Rolling Pin -powered by Nanomachines™- . Not only this is a weapon capable of cutting your into enemy into pieces, suitable at times of war, but at times of peace it is very useful too! you can instantly make a high quality pastry dough with the help of nanomachines infused in this rolling pin! :guffaw:

[​IMG]

19. Julien Brightside

Julien Brightside Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Norway
    Pfft, rolling pin, brilliant!

20. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Except I think my mother had the creative rights to this thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.