Weekly Art Challenge #9

Who do you think wins?

• Julien Brightside - http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/uploads/monthly_02_2014/post-2658-0-83747800-13928

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • NXperience - http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2014/050/1/8/challenge9_by_nxperience-d775wk4.jpg

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neverward - http://i1317.photobucket.com/albums/t633/Neverward/Rebirth_zps4f0ff7e8.png

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Talo - http://i.imgur.com/YSxr4x7.png

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • numfanklewhat - http://i.imgur.com/lNetfT9.jpg

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Chiara - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22356064/Random/20140222_WKL_LimitedPalette_Vers6_fin_C

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • ryuuga - http://i.imgur.com/DMqf8GJ.png

• Makio-Kuta - http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/054/4/8/weekly_art_chal09_copy_by_makio_kuta-d77

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Chef Boy RD - http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa351/Whopper_JR/Rose.png

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilEagles

Stargazer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other

Introduction

Weekly Art Challenge is a recurring event for the Art, Literature and Music forum wherein there is a new challenge for artists every week. The goal of the event is to encourage art and going outside the box by imposing interesting challenges and limitations. After a week, a poll will be up for everyone to vote to select the best entry. The winner with the most votes will receive a pretty little badge for bragging rights.

Also, please be sure to check out the previous challenge's thread.

Rules

• A new challenge/theme will be posted up in a new thread every week.
  • Participants are to follow the rules imposed by the challenge/theme. Any questions may be asked. However, I reserve the right to disqualify any entries that I feel do not meet the criterion.
  • A challenge lasts for approximately a week. Deadline for all Weekly Challenges is strictly at 12:00AM, GMT +0, on Monday.
  • On the week after, a poll will be up in the same thread. Only one entry will win. In the case where there are more than one winning entry with equal votes, all winning entries will be rewarded.
  • Poll for voting will be available from the submission deadline to Saturday, when the winner will be announced.
  • The winner gets to call the theme/challenge for the following week. If the winner does not wish to do so, then I will come up with one.
  • All forms of art are welcome.
  • Entries must be done completely from scratch by their respective participants. This means no pre-existing stock materials are allowed, regardless of the degree to which they have been altered. Whoever is caught intentionally violating this rule will be subject to the punishment stated in our Forum Rules regarding Credit Theft.
  • No need to register. Just start working on your entry right away if you've decided to participate.
  • Post your entries in this thread. WIPs are encouraged, but please explicitly specify your final submission.
  • There is absolutely no measurements coming from us on the completion of a piece. Whether a piece is complete for final submission or not, is entirely your own call. So don't be discouraged if you think you can only afford to doodle a couple lines. Anything is fine.

This week's Challenge

Draw something that includes no more and no less than these 4 base colors.

• Deadline: 12:00AM (GMT +0) on Monday, February 24th, 2014.
  • Poll for voting will be available from the submission deadline to Saturday, March 1st, 2014.
  • Any questions may be asked here.
  • All forms of art are welcome.
  • Post your entries in this thread. WIPs are encouraged, but please explicitly specify your final submission.

And that is it. Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
hhgggngnnnn limited palette---- I MUST find time to enter this week.

I like the new banner btw

Clydous

Slowly moseying my way back...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Bah...can't compose any music to colors! XD I'll certainly enjoy seeing this week's submissions, though! =P

sai

devourer of eggs
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
LIMITED PALETTE, MY ENEMY. I'll still do it, though, haha!

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I love love love love love working with limited palettes *^* I look forward to what you'll come up with, Sai~ Your entries are always a treat :> So I'm happy you will work with your enemy! heh

Reactions: sai

Chiara

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Argh, again a nice challenge... I already couldn't find time for the last one, I need to search harder! D: (but with three deadlines coming up this week... *dies**revives with 10%HP*)

The new banner's cool, pretty distinct change from the dreamy island from before. I like it. Futuristic chalkboard?

If I manage to find time, I've got one question:
Does base colour mean that it's only these to be used or can saturation and brightness be adjusted?
Never worked with a real limited palette before.

(If I don't find time, I'll just be watching in silence and awe, looking at what everyone'll come up with and get a bad conscience for not trying. :) )

EvilEagles

Stargazer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other
You can adjust the saturation and brightness, but not by any large measure that the required colors are no longer recognizable :D

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hohohoo, I might just have to enter this one~ Limited palettes.... hehehehehehehee :3

Chef Boy RD

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You can adjust the saturation and brightness, but not by any large measure that the required colors are no longer recognizable :D
So as far as shading goes... Using darker/lighter values and what not, of the specified colors, are considered different colors altogether or not?

EvilEagles

Stargazer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other
So as far as shading goes... Using darker/lighter values and what not, of the specified colors, are considered different colors altogether or not?
Nope. I said BASE colors in the theme.

EvilEagles

Stargazer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other
I feel sort of bad because I just put 4 random colors in my own palette together ahaha. Should've put more thoughts into it and made one with more room to breathe :D

Talo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Edit: Entry Removed
@Neverward, I love the highlights on the hair, you should do that with the background too

Talo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Ty Julien. The trick to all my art: 

Step1: Make the img x1000 and then start drawing.

Step2: When finished, shrink it back down to size.

Step3: Profit

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Talo, you cannot take a photo from a google image search, change some colors and claim it as your own.  Copyright is still held by the original photographer and any modification still requires permission and credit.

Talo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Edit: Removed, shouldn't have posted here.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I will abide by your rules, but please let me know about them.
Happy to oblige. :)

Forum Rules

Forum Rules - INSTANT BAN OFFENSES said:
2. Credit theft. Do NOT claim any art, music, scripts, etc. as your own unless you made them. Credit people before submitting a post!
This applies not only to resources from THIS site, but resources you get from ANYWHERE (and it always has). If you use someone else's work and post it here, you credit them.

You might also be interested in this one:

Forum Rules 4.3 said:
Do NOT continue to argue in the same thread after a moderator or admin has used mod voice (blue or red text) to warn you. Please PM the moderator if you wish to discuss your warning, or follow the procedure at the bottom of [the Forum Rules thread].
The forum rules are accessible from the link in the bottom right of EVERY forum page. I suggest you read them before claiming we don't let you know about them :)

------------------

After discussing this with you in PM, I will say this:

IF you want to submit that piece for the challenge, go ahead, but in accord with our forum-wide rules, you MUST give credit to the original artist. Otherwise you are giving the impression that you created the whole thing yourself, and as you can see, that comes under our bannable offense rules.

Whether editing someone else's work is in the spirit of the challenge or not, and whether such a submission is a valid entry, I will leave up to the person running it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i'm not only drawing girls tbh
i like grubby old man
Kes wrote on Chef's profile.
I have deleted your profile post as our Rules are quite clear that you may not use them to advertise non-RM products, nor may you give a link to anything that solicits payment for you.
140 Thousand words, take one down, toss it around, discover I hate the direction I went and decide to start a complete rewrite.
I like being a butt to people.
Dirtnap wrote on Tyler Warren's profile.
Hi Tyler,

My name is Sean, I am the owner of an indie studio, and I am looking to get some paid art work done. I am working with MV, but our programmer will be heavily modifying it.

If you are interested, or would like to hear more, I can provide my personal e-mail address.

S.G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MagicMan