Gamingstar

****** Gang Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm trying to add a weight system (like in the fallout series) to my game, and have everything set up except for one issue: how do I detect when the player's inventory is too full? Can I do this normally or do I need a script? Any help will be appreciated!

Edit: Also can I change the item limit depending on the value of a variable?

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Everything is possible - but it depends on how you handle things.
How do you create your weight? Without knowing that we can't tell you how to check it.

If it is created by events then any event that changes it should also test for limits.

Eurgh

Lord of the Reapers
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Edit: Also can I change the item limit depending on the value of a variable?

It depends, you can use a script which adds item limits. Such as Yanfly's adjust limits: https://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/core-scripts/adjust-limits/

This would be the easiest way, if for whatever reason you don't want to use it. There's a rough and messy way to do it with variables and that would be to check every time they get an item, add that item to a variable then check if the amount of the item they have exceeds the limit you want. This however is a long winded and messy way, but it gets the job done.

upload_2019-2-22_13-12-16.png

Gamingstar

****** Gang Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh yeah I found a script that does exactly what I want and forgot to close this post.
Closing it now. Thanks for the help, everyone!

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

RivalRamen_Games wrote on jacobv1014's profile.
I really like your profile picture! Who is that in it? is she an OC?
Making his first game
This scene was suppose to be a test... but now, it's going in the game as official side/optional content. :kaosalute:

functionality(This is function demo not game demo)
1 The door of ABS map can open upon clearing all the monsters
2 Secret room/road arrow/lighting/whatever others can be shown upon clearing too
3 Boss HP bar and loot effect, loot jump and item name color as well as the pick-up animation effect
4 Back to town and "victory aftermath" screen for ABS maps/rooms
Playing one of the two RM2k3 games I was best known for back in the day, one I made in the Spring semester of my Freshmen year in college like 15 years ago, feeling all kinds of ways about it. I have not played this game in WELL over 10 years. I feel a million years old RN.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bagil