RMVXA Weird and Unfortunate Things are Happening

unity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

UPDATE: After five years, this game is finally done! Please click here to download the full version! :D

Weird and unfortunate things are happening in the city of Daybreak. To the rest of the world, the city seems to have simply vanished, but inside, it has become a playground for mysterious beings who see humans only as hosts for their own amusement.

Alicia’s a bit strange. She still likes to wear her old baseball jersey, even though her team disbanded over a year ago. She can see otherworldly creatures that no one else seems to notice. She also has weird powers that she keeps hidden from the rest of the world. But when she receives a call for help from her niece in Daybreak, she’ll do anything to save her.

Caught up in the struggle along with Alicia are Miriam, a secretary and gun aficionado who only wants to escape the city, Lamar, an overworked middle school English teacher, and Dottie, Alicia’s niece, who has been captured for some nefarious purpose.

Explore what’s left of the ravaged city and find your way through surreal otherworldly areas that connect the broken urban shell. Encounter any other citizens who have survived and make contact with the strange entities that now inhabit this realm. Survive. Or be swallowed up by the city and forgotten forever.

• Co-written and edited by Sooz!

• Surreal tilesets by Pizza!

• Luna Engine Setup by BCj!

Screenshots:

Full Credits List:

*LEAD DEVELOPER *

unity

* CO-WRITER AND EDITOR *

Sooz

* CHARACTER ART *

MakioKuta

* SURREAL TILESET ARTIST *

Pizza

* SPECIAL EFFECT ANIMATIONS *

JosephSeraph

* CHARACTER SPRITES *

erlyn
Alvonso
ConkerMich
unity

* MUSIC *

Geoff Moore
Housekeeping
Adam Gordon
Andrey Avkhimovich
Capashen
CJ Rogers
Jake Evans
Jason Shaw
Dark Helmetz
Kangaroo MusiQue
Letham
LukHash
Moontracker
Ov Moi omm
8-bit nyysintiop
Professor Kliq
Symbiants
The Player
Curtis W Paul
Real Rice
plasterbrain
PROMENADE
Darxenas

* LUNA ENGINE SETUP *

BCj

* SCRIPTS *

Yanfly
Galv
Craze
Krosk
DerTraveler
Red Nova
Neon Black
Zeus81
Hime
Fomar0153
Nicke
modern algebra
Mithran
Moghunter
William Couillard
Racheal
dekyde

* TESTERS *

Red Nova
Punkitt
NeverSilent
Kylaila
Marrend
pianotm
oddRABBIT
Luiishu535
slash
eplipswich
KatanaHiroshi
Gredge109
kumada

* SPECIAL THANKS *

Red Nova
Racheal
Formar0153

RPG MAKER ENGINE by Enterbrain/Degica

Download the full game HERE!

Thanks very much! ^_^

Last edited:

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I helped beta test this game, and I can say in good confidence that you all should check it out because it's really great! (Plus, look at those cute characters. How can you say no to them? You can't is how.)

I'm really excited about this project and am honoured to be a part of it!

Pianotm

The TM is for Total Menace
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I am likewise a playtester on this game, and I can say, absolutely play this game. It is an absolute masterpiece that is everything good about RPG Maker.

RCXDan

Champion of Brightmoon Tor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Download link doesn't work, by the way. Also, wow - this has some hella Earthbound vibes and I dig that.

unity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks so much for pointing that out! I reuploaded the demo and messed up the link. XD;;; Fixed now, I've got it linked just to the gamepage itself so hopefully I won't make that goof again XD And yeah, Earthbound was a big inspiration!

Also thanks Piano for the kind words :D :D :D

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Heeyo! Gonna bump this since someone tried to reupload it recently as their own in the completed games section.

unity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've updated the post and the download links since the game is now finished! Hooray! :D

EDIT: Just realized that since it is now complete, this is in the wrong section of the forum. Should I delete this whole thread and make a new one in the complete section?

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

Congrats on finishing. I've moved this to Complated Games.

unity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you very much! :D

akoniti

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Holy guacamole, this game is fantastic so far.

Every single thing about it is top quality, and god the music is perfect. The drive to Daybreak scene...er, I mean, to the rest stop, is so cinematic.

More later.

unity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow, thank you very much! :D So happy you're liking it so far!

akoniti

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I LOVE THIS GAME.

Caution, spoilers ahead:

*Playlog:

6 hours in atm, and things are getting real:

pack.png

10 hours in, and things are getting even realer:

NO.png
dottie_2.png

13 hours...wow, so much has happened since that first run with Dottie.

The museum turned out to be an immense level, full of cool puzzles and mapping.

I particularly liked how the safe combo hunt was handled; that moment of realization when I found what I hoped was the first clue, and realized I was about to comb back over the entire museum again if I intended to crack it.

The sigil note hunt was well executed too.

This, well this was just cool :) :

FF.png

I must say, this dude freaks me out, a menacing recurring enemy:

this_guy_2.png

And, at long last:

together!.png

*Other notes:

I really dig the Miriam character...

miriam2.png

I like that when she riffs on firearms, she actually knows what she's talking about. Blind Anger is a strong skill early on, and her Quick Shot and 3 HP were the only thing standing between the party and defeat in this ultimately victorious bossfight:

close.png

And the music...THE MUSIC. Some of these tracks make me want to weep they're so good and perfectly placed.

And graphically this game beautiful, crisp, unique, and the Vedim Space maps are a total trip. The enemies and battle animations are excellent, as are the character portraits.

The Skill Space approach to the upgrade tree is clever and fun, a nice alternative to rigging a menu for it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.
I checked out Genshin Impact gameplay out of curiosity. I can't believe it's available as a mobile game too. Smooth animation, great music, and stellar sound effects (the ambient sounds are pretty detailed).

I'm flabbergasted to see games have becoming more and more advanced. Maybe also because I'm oblivious to current trend for a long time, it almost feel like I'm being sent into distant future. xD
xDRAGOONx wrote on WaywardMartian's profile.
Your artwork is amazing!!!
:ewat:
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
I should finish the cat video I'm editing and finish the indesign stuff. So far only 1 is done and 4 to go

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasapembuatanwebsite