Weird bug with dithered/ non dithered parallax

tyler8101

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
(This was copy and pasted from what I asked on r/RPGMaker. I am asking here to see other solutions.)

Hi.

I am a beginner with RPG Maker VX Ace, so this is probably easy to solve, but I could not find any way to fix this online.

I am having a problem with importing a image as a parallax. The dithered version of the image I want to use as a parallax keeps becoming transparent is some spots. But the non dithered one come out with no trouble. Both images are .png and have a added alpha channel via GIMP.

Undithered

Dithered.

The non dithered version does not bring up the option to make transparent/translucent while the dithered one does. I would honestly like to find a way to avoid this option all together.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Have you tried copy/paste direct into the parallax folder instead of importing via the Resource Manager?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The non dithered version does not bring up the option to make transparent/translucent while the dithered one does.
the color variant of selecting a transparent color usually comes up when the resource manager does not find an alpha-channel for real transparency.
Those are two entirely different ways to handle transparency, and usually the alpha-channel is the better one. But from your description it seems that something is really messing up how the alpha-channel stores its data, either destroying it (and forcing the color-replacement to become active) or making the wrong areas of the picture transparent.

I can't help you directly, but you should check into that direction as to what your image program stores with the data and where it might have gone wrong - as I said the color replacement option indicates that the picture where it comes up has no alpha-channel at all, and that should not happen with a png.

tyler8101

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
OK. So I imported in through copy and pasting and that seems to bypass the bug, at least for this image. i'm not sure about what Andar said but I guess it wouldn't hurt to see if GIMP has encountered something.

I really do not like this resource manager, using it is just one slap after another.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Poryg is still alive, just did somrthing else to kill the time he cannot be productive. Minecraft - 10 tips & tricks on improving your base defence against pvp.
"Ugh, so tired of these rivers and lakes." *squints and looks off into the distance* "Oh cool! Is that a waterfall?"
Why is it so hard to accept existential stoicism? To insist stoics must be deterministic is like insisting God couldnt create evolving animals. Drop the dogmas and concider the compatible mechanics
I just had a duel at Duel Links, and started right away with a fusion monster... felt like an actual yugioh main character :3
Now listen closely... Here's a little lesson in trickery, This is going down in history...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedReaper204