weird bug with Doodads, any ideas please :(

Synechron

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
-
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey ! I'm having very big trouble trying to test Doodads, at first the folder was not find but i after several however i just figure how to change the location xD so it's ok !

But i have still some problems, bugs with Doodads
Split screen???
\/
1624113765665.png
And also some animations like "flash" for story telling are kinda buggy (framerate is very low) x)

And i have this problem when i try to open a tileset
1624113991951.png
i think it's kinda logic that it bug because this is the wrong location...
1624114077585.png
it should be \img\doodads\beds

but any way How do i fix all of that T-T ?!
please help

do i have a wrong version of doodads, rpgmaker or plugin or whatever?!

Attachments

• 1624114068098.png
    1624114068098.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 4

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK, first to sort out a problem that has nothing to do with the doodads.
Please rename your folders so that they follow networking rules.
that means no spaces, and better remove that [ as well (I'm not sure if that is a problem with networking rules, but for error searching it is better to have simple folder structures)

Then check where you entered references to those beds - the missing \ is a configuration or data problem there.

and the splitscreen has nothing to do with the doodads at all - that usually happens if the screen sizes and battlescreen settings go wrong, so please tell us what your game screen size is set to and how big that battleback picture is in pixels.

Synechron

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
-
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that means no spaces, and better remove that [ as well (I'm not sure if that is a problem with networking rules, but for error searching it is better to have simple folder structures)

Then check where you entered references to those beds - the missing \ is a configuration or data problem there.

and the splitscreen has nothing to do with the doodads at all - that usually happens if the screen sizes and battlescreen settings go wrong, so please tell us what your game screen size is set to and how big that battleback picture is in pixels.
hey ! thanks for reply !

-i have try to take off the "[" but it changed nothing :(

-for the "slipt screen" it only occurs when i enable "ON" YEP_GridFreeDoodads
(and there is also this weird lag for some animation :( )

-for the data or configuration i dont really know i just followed the steps :(

1624117128330.png
(beds are in this folder)

1624117167943.png

1624117071078.png
in doodad.js there almost nothing inside (is it normal :c?)

i tried to check in the plugin where i could add a "\" but did'nt find for the moment

thanks for trying to help x')

Synechron

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
-
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Ok ! i just found a way to access to beds and all i added a "\" at the end of the location

1624117581245.png

but there is still the split screen and laggy animation :/
and i guess it's a weird way to solve the problem i had...

so if you have any clue x))

(my pc resolution is 1920x1080 and the i didn't change resolution so it's suppose to be 640x480)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
all i added a "\" at the end of the location
yes, that was missing - basic folderpath rules.
but please, correct the other errors I mentioned - you still have spaces in the foldernames

And I didn't ask for your computer resolution, I asked for your game screen size.
There are several plugins (including the community core and yanfly's core) that can change the game screen size, and the default screen size of RMMV is neither of the ones you mentioned.

Synechron

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
-
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes, that was missing - basic folderpath rules.
but please, correct the other errors I mentioned - you still have spaces in the foldernames

And I didn't ask for your computer resolution, I asked for your game screen size.
There are several plugins (including the community core and yanfly's core) that can change the game screen size, and the default screen size of RMMV is neither of the ones you mentioned.
ok i just edit foldernames should be good now x)
1624123371171.png
(it changed nothing tho x) )

for the game screen size where i could find that so i put YEP_CoreEngine

1624123568504.png

and it seems to have fix this "split screen" for battle :D

(is the game resolution right?) cause when i launch the game i have little black border on top and
on the left x)

1624124557938.png

and i still have this weird bug for flash animation (i didn't really try other because the game is fresh
but if it does this to other animation, it will be bad :( )
i made a quick youtube video to show you \/

(so when it's off it's smooth and when on it's jerky :/)

Synechron

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
-
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ok i just edit foldernames should be good now x)
View attachment 192719
(it changed nothing tho x) )

for the game screen size where i could find that so i put YEP_CoreEngine

View attachment 192720

and it seems to have fix this "split screen" for battle :D

(is the game resolution right?) cause when i launch the game i have little black border on top and
on the left x)

View attachment 192721

and i still have this weird bug for flash animation (i didn't really try other because the game is fresh
but if it does this to other animation, it will be bad :( )
i made a quick youtube video to show you \/

(so when it's off it's smooth and when on it's jerky :/)
oh waw i having some new issues now x'D
when i try to save what i made in Doodads it doesn't save lul

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
is the doodad folder in the plugin setting named exactly as your real folder, or did you change the folderpath only like in the screenshot without changing the real foldernames?

Synechron

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
-
Primarily Uses
RMMV
is the doodad folder in the plugin setting named exactly as your real folder, or did you change the folderpath only like in the screenshot without changing the real foldernames?
nono i also change the folders name if not it would not work at all ^^

but with all those buggy things that's why i wondering at the beginning if maybe i have a wrong version of doodads or anythings...?

is there a specific version of rpgmaker to make doodads work or something?

do i have the right plugin version.. ><?!

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
do i have the right plugin version.. ><?!
version conflicts CAN cause problems - a lot of the current plugins will not work with pre-1.4.x cores, because the engine changed a lot in 1.4.0 - and the same goes the other way, plugins written for 1.3.0 will often have problems with 1.6.x depending on what they do.

however you have to check that for yourself - 1.6.2 is the last version, so all plugins sould also be of the last versions according to yanfly's website. which numbers that are I don't know.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Chili: Evolved to taste spicy so no animal would eat them.

Humans: "Jokes on you ..."
I guess it becomes purely academic in less than four days but before then can anyone explain to me why the %^&*( animations in the MZ database don't have a 'Hue' slider??
Who here knows of the hidden laws of this multiverse? Such as the law of attraction
Exploding Fruits and Rasaks Pixelfarm Assets | RPG Maker News #108

So ghosts can go through walls and stuff, and depending their type (according to fantasy media) they can or can't interact with objects to a certain degree...

So why they don't always fall through floors? Do they always float and sometimes simulate walking? If things go through them how can they hear/see? And why sometimes they have clothing? Do clothes die as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biconic