AnimaScorpius

Modern Mage/WorldCrafter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Like the title says my game crashes randomly when I am in the database. It doesn't give me any errors or anything. The program just shuts down. I have over 1500 hours in RPG Maker MV and it never done this to me before. When I map and use the editor I don't get any crashes at all. The crashes are not constant but it makes me have to save every 2 moves I make to not lose progress.

Jules98

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've heard of MV crashing when scrolling through the animations tab too quickly (using F4 and F5) because MV can't keep up with loading all the images necessary. Are you doing something similiar whenever it crashes?

AnimaScorpius

Modern Mage/WorldCrafter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nope, Basically the program runs perfect and I can do what I want, then it just crashes out of nowhere, when I am in the database. It doesn't crash automatically, it does so after me working on it for a bit. Most of the time I need to save every few things I do to make sure I don't lose everything.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is the project you're working on stored in a cloudsynced folder?
Or check your drives smart-status with a program like checkdrive.

Database work means massive filechecks, so crashes only while in the database are most likely connected to the file system on your computer.

Additionally, which editor Version are you using?

AnimaScorpius

Modern Mage/WorldCrafter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am using the steam Version. My team is on bitbucket and we share stuff together that way when we work on the project.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Forget cloudsyncing, that will destroy your project files if you work on a synced folder.
You can use cloudsyncing on a backup, but RM works with Continually open files while the editor is active, and a cloudsync on an open file destroys it (causing the crashes).

AnimaScorpius

Modern Mage/WorldCrafter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That would make sense. But the thing is all my other projects who are not linked that way crashes the same way also.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, the number of crashes is high (sync corruption would only happen once every few weeks), so there is probably a second cause.
Try to clear steam download cache and verify file integrity only after clearing.

AnimaScorpius

Modern Mage/WorldCrafter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok cool, thank you for your help.

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Andar just a clarification, Bitbucket isn't a cloud syncing platform in the way that I believe you're thinking of it.
It's a remote repository for a version control system called git (you may have heard of other similar services like Gitlab or Github).

@AnimaScorpius that being said, make sure you aren't pulling from the remote repo while you have the MV editor open, but otherwise you shouldn't have a problem with bitbucket

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Brother made thumbnails for my Lets Plays. He's a swood dude.
Since I'm getting so busy (the fact that I'm often here is due to the fact that this is my procrastination #1 destination), I'm trying a new system where everyday I dedicate 30 minutes to my personal game project. That way it won't fall into the abyss.
In today's seminar:
Presenter: In the past, there was a saying, "One who has tuberculosis is doomed for life." But now-
Everyone: *starts coughing in unision*
Gosh... Today seems too much like a good day to do nothing....

I need to keep myself focused...! :kaoback:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CRMA