KotoYama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I had this parallel event which would activate a common event and go into a loop until it's(common event) fully proccesed(switch HELD).
But for some reason it just wouldn't do that. The event would loop forever even though the HELD was OFF.

After a long struggle, I've simply changed the event's trigger type from parallel to autorun and it worked perfectly fine...
So what was the issue then? I don't get it. 1618431880941.png

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The issue is your IF does not encompass the entire event. That autorun is also going to loop forever incidentally unless you add a switch or condition to turn off the event.

KotoYama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
? It's not though. I'm erasing it at the end but Autorun doesn't have any problems passing through the loop. I'm always using parallel events and don't remember encountering such a problem.
The loop is there to make sure the common events' values are loaded first, before reading the event's conditional branches, etc.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hello.
Is the "common event" called by the command the same triggered by "Switch 14: HELD"?

KotoYama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Common event is triggered by the "Common event" command and it ends with a HELD OFF command to exit the loop.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've been working on something on and off for a few years now, and I've been reluctant to share any details on the project before I had anything playable because I did not want to generate hype only for the project to go back on hiatus. That being said I believe what I'm working on is very unique and pushes the boundaries of what RPG Maker projects can be. Bold claims, I know but just wait.
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms :)
Create Anime Art w/ AI, Tall Sprites with Aurora, Customize Variable Display | RPG Maker News #34

[My favorite slow moving track I've made so far]
dd_airport2.jpgdd_combat.jpg
dd_town.jpg
I did an experiment to try to solve the art style problem between RTP and 3D models.
But, it feels this grimdark world is going to end even faster. :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foxiee05