Weird Event Page Glitch

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by Karbonic, May 1, 2016.

1. Karbonic

Karbonic Off Brand OFF Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So I loaded up my project, and I noticed something.

All of the old events from before I saved now look like in the picture.

Even the events with no event related things, they show the very first switch/variable in the list.

When I make a new event, this doesn't happen, but when I select an old event, then make a new event, it is present in the new event.

This doesn't effect anything already there as far as I can tell, but I can see it getting in the way in the future.

Any ideas?

weird glitch.PNG

2. Dark_Metamorphosis

Dark_Metamorphosis What a horrible night to have a curse. Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    That sounds really weird! Is it the same for all older events?

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    you are probably the third or fourth user who reported that problem in the past two years. And because of it happening only rarely, we were never able to find the cause.

In at least one case it wend away after some clean re-installations, and I suspect that it also might have to do with some background programs or so damaging specific files or settings, but as said it was never before really solved - some of those people dropped out of the search for the cause before we found a solution.

4. Karbonic

Karbonic Off Brand OFF Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Yeah, It makes it a bit hard to read which switches an variables are causingĀ things.

Tried uninstalling it and reinstalling, worked for about two seconds, then it came back. Not really sure what to do now.

5. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It worked for a short time bevore happening again? that is additional information, because it means that there is a second program involved that damages the RM to cause that problem.

Unfortunately, finding that other program responsible would require intense testing with your other background programs temporarily disabled while deinstalling and reinstalling RM again and again...