zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so, my gamepad works, but only on the first playtest. any that I do afterwards, it won't register that there's even a controller. I don't quite get what's going on. and it only works again if I close MV and open it back up. does this whether plugins are on or not so I don't think it's related to that. if anyone even remotely knows what's going on, I'd appreciate it.

Jragyn

JABS codemonkey
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Does your controller go to sleep? I have a wireless one from Steelseries that goes to sleep, and if I'm connected via bluetooth I'll have to reboot RM in order for it to pick up.

If you're using steam, it may be worth checking in there for the gamepad settings as well (not sure what you'd find, but maybe something?).

Also, when in doubt, you could just go download something like joy2key and use that (it translates your gamepad input to keyboard strokes instead).

Lastly, I'd investigate the drivers and whatnot of your controller. Some of the knockoff brands you might find on amazon (knockoff defined as: not a microsoft/sony/nintendo brand) aren't always the most reliable... (I tried using 8bitdo with no success, nor buffalo/ibuffalo)

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it's my PS4 controller and I have it wired to the pc at the moment. Odd thing is this wasn't an issue a while back. I don't playtest with the controller often mainly because it's usually closer to my ps4 than my pc. I'll check steam though and see if I changed anything on accident. the controller works on MZ it seems too which further makes me wonder what's going on. it doesn't stop working all of a sudden on there. I think I figured out something though... NWJS has something to do with it I think. I deleted rpg maker and reset my NWJS. now the controller isn't working at all.

EDIT: Well the stand-alone version of MV seems to work, but not the Steam one, so yeah, maybe there's something going on with steam.

Last edited:

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yea I had the same issue with steam. Turn off the controller support in steam settings and it should fix it. The issue was only during play testing, not the deployed game.

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yea I had the same issue with steam. Turn off the controller support in steam settings and it should fix it. The issue was only during play testing, not the deployed game.
I'll try this then as soon as I have a moment.

EDIT: Yeah, this seems to have fixed the problem.

Last edited:

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Thanks, google for putting together a random pixel art Olympics game in your logo that puts everything I've ever done to shame in pretty much every aspect. ;)
Chizuru
chizuru.png

anyway, i just recovered from Covid.
Work's been delayed for a month but now i'm back drawing again.
Ah yes i learned how to make name boxes Im now profeshonal
The snowy mountains in my game are finally done... what a crazy journey.
I participated in the official video event collection!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-G-Games