[Weird Issue] I can not be sure about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I was on Steam and a fellow user asked me if I could remind him how to change Battle BGS.

So Event Commands, Tab 3 under System Settings, Change Battle BGM.

How can you set this to change the music before the battle starts?

I mean okay, a step-on event that auto triggers, can do the trick, and have a different music to the battle before it even occurs. That's what I suggested and it works. But what if someone doesn't wanna use this way?

Is there a way to do it on Troops Eventing so the change will occur before the battle start? 

That is the question. Just being curious.

Cheers! 

Earthtian

how can you prove you exist...? Maybe we don't exi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, I was on Steam and a fellow user asked me if I could remind him how to change Battle BGS.

So Event Commands, Tab 3 under System Settings, Change Battle BGM.

How can you set this to change the music before the battle starts?

I mean okay, a step-on event that auto triggers, can do the trick, and have a different music to the battle before it even occurs. That's what I suggested and it works. But what if someone doesn't wanna use this way?

Is there a way to do it on Troops Eventing so the change will occur before the battle start? 

That is the question. Just being curious.

Cheers! 
In the troop section, there is a little box on the bottom called battle event, there you can make the battle do all sorts of things and one of them is play different music when the battle starts.

Hope this helps!

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In the troop section, there is a little box on the bottom called battle event, there you can make the battle do all sorts of things and one of them is play different music when the battle starts.

Hope this helps!
Yes but unfortunately, I know that.

The question is, how you set the event commands AND the Battle Event so it will do what I just asked.

Earthtian

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yes but unfortunately, I know that.

The question is, how you set the event commands AND the Battle Event so it will do what I just asked.
I'm confused, why do you need to set both? why can't you just set the battle event to play? 

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, you set Battle event to play, you use the command to change the Battle BGS there. All right?

Does it work for you that way?

Cause it does not work for me. And that's what I am asking here.

Why it does not work.

Practically I gave a solution to the guy who asked me, using a step-on event as I said.

I am not in a rush.

But I wanna know if this is a bug, if it is only me, or if I do something wrong.

Earthtian

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok, you set Battle event to play, you use the command to change the Battle BGS there. All right?

Does it work for you that way?

Cause it does not work for me. And that's what I am asking here.

Why it does not work.

Practically I gave a solution to the guy who asked me, using a step-on event as I said.

I am not in a rush.

But I wanna know if this is a bug, if it is only me, or if I do something wrong.
Weird, when I do the play BGS in the battle event it works...I don't know :/ best thing to do would be to ask a mod or some other high authority.

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Weird, when I do the play BGS in the battle event it works...I don't know :/ best thing to do would be to ask a mod or some other high authority.
That's what I actually do. It seems that it is only me. glad to hear that.

So either something is fishy or I do something really stupid. :p

Thanks for the confirmation.

Earthtian

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
lol no prob sorry that I didn't fix the problem but hopefully I pointed you in the right direction :)

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Change Battle BGS sets the battle BGS for the NEXT battle. It has NO effect when you run it while a battle is happening.

If you are using evented battles, it's easy to put the command just before the Battle Processing call.

If you're using random battles it's a bit tougher. If you just want it to be different per map, you could have a parallel process event on each map that does a Change Battle BGS followed by Erase Event. Then each map will play a different BGS when you enter battle, even for random battles. If you want several per map, say you want a different BGS for each enemy and you have several enemies on the map, you could use one of the region scripts that lets you run certain commands when you enter a specific region (that would work if you only had one enemy per region on each map).

If you want it specifically tied to the troop, you'd be looking at a scripted solution.

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
O....kaaaaay... I found the solution.

I was changing the System BGM. That qualifies as "stupid thing" I suppose. :p

The question was "Can I use different BGM for each battle from start?"

The solution is:

Yes.

You Go to Database, System Tab, Battle sound and select None.

On Troops Event then:

You select 

Condition: Turn No0

span: battle

And Play BGM using the Command from the SECOND tab of Event Commands.

That's how it is done.

Case closed.

Earthtian, Shaz, thank you! I really appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Earthtian

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
O....kaaaaay... I found the solution.

I was changing the System BGM. That qualifies as "stupid thing" I suppose. :p

The question was "Can I use different BGM for each battle from start?"

The solution is:

Yes.

You Go to Database, System Tab, Battle sound and select None.

On Troops Event then:

You select 

Condition: Turn No0

span: battle

And Play BGM using the Command from the SECOND tab of Event Commands.

That's how it is done.

Case closed.

Earthtian, Shaz, thank you! I really appreciate it.
YAY! I helped someone today :D

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice! I did wonder if setting the system battle BGS might have been useful, but could not be sure that changing it in the troops tab would work.

btw - you used both terms - BGM and BGS. Since you said you were asked about changing battle BGS, I assumed that's what you wanted. Doesn't make much of a difference really though - they're both done in a similar way :)

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

*tries to study Emergence of Bangladesh: Ancient Bengal* Matsyanyayam- When the law of punishment is kept in abeyance... okay what? *searches dictionary* oh! Ok. In abeyance, it gives rise to such disorders as is implied in the proverb of fishes i.e the larger fish swallows a small one- wait fishes eat each other!? Is that like... fishy cannibalism!?...Oh! It's 8:30! Time for dinner! *throws book on floor*
Babbaditch Finster and the Seven-Sided Cube has got to be one of my favorite classic games that didn't exist when I was kid, or ever
My tutorial about frankenspriting is now online :3 Any topic you would like to see next?
Stuffing three people in a room and thinking they'll study together is so wrong XD I don't get how people do group studies. We just end up gossiping about everything except studying lol
Been parallax mapping nigh all night. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antelope