Rules Welcome to the 2017 INDIE GAME MAKER CONTEST!

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
We took a year off but we're back to bring you the Third Indie Game Maker Contest! This year we're putting the focus on our flagship game making software, RPG Maker.

Your quest if you choose to accept ("but thou must") is to make a GAME using ANY legal RPG Maker engine in just ONE MONTH: October 4th - November 5th, 2017!

This year we're hosting the Contest on Itch.io. Click Here to Join the 2017 IGMC Game Jam!

Before you open up the map editor and place that first event, make sure to read through the Contest Rules HERE! Then read up on the Cash Prizes you'll be competing for HERE!

You can also join us in our IGMC Discord Channel!!!

Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ohhh...and with me deep in the dev cycle of my current project (which I, incidentally started during the IGMC in 2014). Still, maybe I'll dust off one of my 21 other game ideas for this, as I think I have a couple that might work nicely for a short game.

bhindi1224

NOT Indian Okra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The link to the humble bundle doesn't seem to work. Perhaps I have to wait until the timer goes all the way down?

Edit: I know it's sad, but I'm clicking the refresh button waiting. :kaodes:

2nd Edit: Yes, I know it's bad, but I don't do well with patience.

Last edited:

McTricky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I was literally saying yesterday that I wish this was back and it IS! SO EXCITED! Probably won't make anything, but I look forward to playing entries!

dbchest

Beast Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this is the first time a contest like this will be running during a time frame which i can participate in. i am pretty excited; i will be competing.

esterk

Lovable Rogue
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh jeez, if I wasn't so immersed in my current project I would definitely enter. Good luck to everyone who submits, this is awesome!

PixelHeart

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Ok... but we can use/make our own resources that ARE made specifically for this contest, yes?

Chester

Meow Kitten
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Cat Tongue
Primarily Uses
N/A
Game development is suppose to start today but there's always those games that looks beautiful (with parallax) and stuff but then gets submitted literally the next 2-3 days. I'm just like, they must be one with the speed force lol... (there is NO way).

bhindi1224

NOT Indian Okra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was wondering about that myself. How on earth could they determine that it only took 30 days. File dates can be changed.

Edit: Please don't let me go further into despair. That humble bundle link needs to get working.

2nd Edit: With deepest regards to artbane:

Last edited:

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yep, the timer on the blog was set to the start of the bundle :B

beliziam

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Germany
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The humble bundle is meh i already have every maker and most of the stuff arent ressources just some random rpg maker games.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok... but we can use/make our own resources that ARE made specifically for this contest, yes?
The rules state:
  1. Development on contest entries MUST be started at the beginning of the contest (October 4th, 2017). Commissions for the contest must also be started at the beginning of the contest. Pre-existing assets NOT created specifically for the contest are allowed.
So yes. Newly created graphics can be used. They just must not have been made before today, if they are specifically for this contest. The last sentence allows for things like DLC packs and even free resources found here - as they are pre-existing, but made for general use.

Also a note to all - please follow creators' terms of use when downloading resources here and elsewhere. I'm going to venture out and make the statement that, based on past contests, because of the potential for prize money, some creators do consider this a commercial use. If you are unsure, please, please, please - check with the creator.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Any idea what's in the pack DLCs? I'm curious about the MV starter pack and the Retro vs Modern one.

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Archeia Can I paste "plugins.js" file and plugins from project created earlier? I have "ready to go" script list and dont want to make it from the very beginning...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Turns out 4 layers is A LOT.
I noticed random Japanese dialogue in the FF7 remake while playing in English. More than once. Just now I saved a vid where Tifa spoke Japanese after a battle. We all make mistakes lol, this is kinda funny though
I wonder if the new RPG Maker will have a built-in ABS for maps or a light effect system plugin out of the box.
Not having false expectations, but if it has both, then wow. I am gonna party all night. Nah I lie. I will party all night anyway, just searching for a good excuse. :stickytongue:
And BAM!, the moment you do understand Python setters by studying JS prototypes. That's called SERENDIPITY, coming with something when you was searching for something else. From "The three Princes of Serendib", a persian novel.
The sinking feeling when you realize your grandmother probably isn't long for this world, and the frustration when you know that this pandemic will take her away...not because she has Covid, but because no doctor is willing to see a patient to even run simple diagnostics anymore if one of her symptoms happens to be a recurring fever, even if her primary care physician gives her the test and it comes back negative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lovekraft