Rules Welcome to the 2017 INDIE GAME MAKER CONTEST!

Discussion in 'Indie Game Maker (IGMC 2017)' started by Archeia, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Plueschkatze

Plueschkatze Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    woops posted my progress to the rules topic, I'm sorry... this happens if you are in a rush. *bows*

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    dbchest likes this.
  2. Stoic

Stoic Game Producer

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Those laws are brutal. Unfortunately it looks like you wouldn't be able to accept the prize. If you still want to enter you can but you would have forfeit your prize to the next highest placing game. Sorry.

Saboera likes this.
  3. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Veteran

First Language:
    Greek
    Wow missed that completely and it's the 12th of the month.
    So... I am not sure if I am gonna make it, but I will do my best.
    Question is... is there a theme for the competition that gives a bonus?

Marquise* likes this.
  4. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    @Dreadshadow NOPE! Ack! I thought, you were aware or I typed you about it. :( Well you got started with minus one week. (Usually you always were the one who brought contests up to me. I will start to look out for them and report them straight to you.)

Dreadshadow likes this.
  5. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Veteran

First Language:
    Greek
    It's ok Marquise, it's just that my world was taken over by work.I am not complaining, cause that's a good thing really. I was hardly making ends meet and I really still struggle, but I make it, with 16 hours of work every day.
    So it will be extra hard for me to find the courage to stay awake to make a game. But you know me. I always want to participate on things like that. You never know.

Marquise* likes this.
  6. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    @Dreadshadow *cybermental hugs* DC sends you some positive energy via a BIG wet purr. Remember to sleep also. You'll decrease quality and quantity without enough regeneration. I know, 8 years of dramatic Sleep apnea without respirator!

7. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Veteran

First Language:
    Greek
    Well I do sleep, when I just cant hold awake any longer though :p
    and you know my passion for things.

Marquise* likes this.
  8. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    That's why I insisted! You are liked both on the net and IRL; wherever we are in the globe, we hope you don't burn yourself. (I might try to play by now, I spent all day/laundromat time on the sketching of those secret space vehicles of mine now and risk to get a white night on the pangofly dragon rear again if I continue... remember dragons? LOL -Sh**! DC is getting her claw veto in my mouse arm right now and looks at me severely as in... "NO! Not all night! Tonight you sleep!" She is more sick than me and she still nurse me. <3 Never regretted to had done her CPR when she was born that one!-)

9. ACECORP

ACECORP Veteran

Can the game be submitted as an IOS App via Ad-Hoc distribution?

My game, while unfinished, plays out as a full scale game and takes 1.5 hours to 12 hours just to complete the portion I have done depending on player's skill level.

I can submit it via IOS AdHoc Distrabution, judges just need to provide their iPhone/iPad's UUID so I can add that to the manifest file for AdHoc so they can download and install it.

I even have a tool to collect the UUID, and will provide the instructions for using it.

Basically, judges visit a web page on their safari iPhone browser, install a profile, and then email me the UUID they get back via the profile screen.

Then I add the UUID to the manifest and the judges can download, install, and playlets my game on IOS.

Its actually ready to play, so if this works I can provide the link to submit the UUID so judges can download and install my game.

10. AlienProps

AlienProps Villager

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I want to join but I am not that experienced in making good storylines.
    Edit: Nevermind. I will join. Woot

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    DjowG, ACECORP and Marquise* like this.
  11. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @AlienProps : Use it to practice and get feedback then. Sure, odds are you won't win, but at least you can get some players to play your game and give you feedback on the storyline, so you know what to improve.

Marquise* likes this.
  12. mlogan

mlogan I am not sir, mr., dude or bro

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @ACECORP How do you have up to 12 hours playing time in one week?

bgillisp likes this.
  13. The Mighty Palm

The Mighty Palm Resident Palm Tree

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @mlogan probably was just an estimate.

(Though it's not as impossible as it looks. 7 days in a week = 168 hours. Even if he played his game 1.8 hours a day for the week then it'd accumulate 12 hours. Which means he could have completed his game at most 14 times in the span of the week. Still, eh. That's all just on paper)

14. Plueschkatze

Plueschkatze Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Yeah but PLAYING and developing a game is a huge difference. You can play a game for a lot of hours within a week but it's hard to believe that someone developed 12 hours of GAME CONTENT in a week? Alone...

15. mlogan

mlogan I am not sir, mr., dude or bro

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes. This is what I was meaning. Even to have 1.5 hours of gameplay in a week is an impressive feat - but not entirely impossible. I strongly question a game that has up to 12 hours of play time however.

16. The Mighty Palm

The Mighty Palm Resident Palm Tree

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I guess ultimately it depends on the actual content of the game then, but yes I thought you meant 12 hours of play-time literally.

17. Gin

Gin The djinn

Wow, that´s some serious talent. :o But then again, there is this veteran in game making that I think it´s making three games, so...:dizzy:

I just spent a couple of hours making 1 minute and a half of chars talking to each other in my game.>_>
    Me, after spending more than 2 hours to make 1 minute of worthy game playing stuff!
    [​IMG]

Ok, so today I´m making some of the lovey-dovey romance parts in the game...:wub It´s going super fun!...:kiss::kiss::kiss:

Marquise* likes this.
  18. erestorpat

erestorpat Villager

First Language:
    french
    I can't log in to itch.io so I can join the contest... *cry*

19. Derk

Derk Sad Machine

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You should be able to later. IIRC when I went there today and tried to log-in, I couldn't because of site reasons (like, logging in was disabled).

20. ACECORP

ACECORP Veteran

Depends on the skill level of the player. I can beat my own “demo game” in 1.5 hours but some of my buddies who never played rpg games took 12 hours, others took 3 hours. Lol.

When this is done, it will play out at over 180 hours putting it equal to the square enix FF V title.

Right now I was finally able to whip together the first 3% of it and make it fully playable. But the “whole” thing will be completely done by Q4 2019.

The 3% im submitting does have an ending so you can actually “beat it”. :)

You need iPhone to play it so I will submit the October 3% fully playable portion now.

I just need to add the geo-content and clean it up a little before I do so.

I’ll post instructions on how to submit your phone’s UUID so you can download it and install it.

Since it’s not on App Store yet, I need UUID to enable it play on your phone or iPad.

I’ll try and finish it up and officially submit it over the weeeknd.

Oh there is nowhere near “12 hours of content”. I measure game experience by playtime... if you know exactly what to do it’s 1.5hrs to go from start to “win”. Lol.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017