Rules Welcome to the 2017 INDIE GAME MAKER CONTEST!

Plueschkatze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
woops posted my progress to the rules topic, I'm sorry... this happens if you are in a rush. *bows*

Last edited:

Stoic

Game Producer
Degica
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hmmm, I have a question regarding the contest and Quebec, since we have some strict laws regarding contests. In the eventuality a Quebec resident was to win, are we eligible to the prizes? If not, can we still compete and what happens to the prize won? Is there an option to give it away to charity for example?
Those laws are brutal. Unfortunately it looks like you wouldn't be able to accept the prize. If you still want to enter you can but you would have forfeit your prize to the next highest placing game. Sorry.

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Wow missed that completely and it's the 12th of the month.
So... I am not sure if I am gonna make it, but I will do my best.
Question is... is there a theme for the competition that gives a bonus?

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
@Dreadshadow NOPE! Ack! I thought, you were aware or I typed you about it. :( Well you got started with minus one week. (Usually you always were the one who brought contests up to me. I will start to look out for them and report them straight to you.)

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's ok Marquise, it's just that my world was taken over by work.I am not complaining, cause that's a good thing really. I was hardly making ends meet and I really still struggle, but I make it, with 16 hours of work every day.
So it will be extra hard for me to find the courage to stay awake to make a game. But you know me. I always want to participate on things like that. You never know.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
@Dreadshadow *cybermental hugs* DC sends you some positive energy via a BIG wet purr. Remember to sleep also. You'll decrease quality and quantity without enough regeneration. I know, 8 years of dramatic Sleep apnea without respirator!

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Dreadshadow *cybermental hugs* DC sends you some positive energy via a BIG wet purr. Remember to sleep also. You'll decrease quality and quantity without enough regeneration. I know, 8 years of dramatic Sleep apnea without respirator!
Well I do sleep, when I just cant hold awake any longer though :p
and you know my passion for things.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Well I do sleep, when I just cant hold awake any longer though :p
and you know my passion for things.
That's why I insisted! You are liked both on the net and IRL; wherever we are in the globe, we hope you don't burn yourself. (I might try to play by now, I spent all day/laundromat time on the sketching of those secret space vehicles of mine now and risk to get a white night on the pangofly dragon rear again if I continue... remember dragons? LOL -Sh**! DC is getting her claw veto in my mouse arm right now and looks at me severely as in... "NO! Not all night! Tonight you sleep!" She is more sick than me and she still nurse me. <3 Never regretted to had done her CPR when she was born that one!-)

ACECORP

Founder & Entrepreneur
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can the game be submitted as an IOS App via Ad-Hoc distribution?

My game, while unfinished, plays out as a full scale game and takes 1.5 hours to 12 hours just to complete the portion I have done depending on player's skill level.

I can submit it via IOS AdHoc Distrabution, judges just need to provide their iPhone/iPad's UUID so I can add that to the manifest file for AdHoc so they can download and install it.

I even have a tool to collect the UUID, and will provide the instructions for using it.

Basically, judges visit a web page on their safari iPhone browser, install a profile, and then email me the UUID they get back via the profile screen.

Then I add the UUID to the manifest and the judges can download, install, and playlets my game on IOS.

Its actually ready to play, so if this works I can provide the link to submit the UUID so judges can download and install my game.

We took a year off but we're back to bring you the Third Indie Game Maker Contest! This year we're putting the focus on our flagship game making software, RPG Maker.

Your quest if you choose to accept ("but thou must") is to make a GAME using ANY legal RPG Maker engine in just ONE MONTH: October 4th - November 5th, 2017!

This year we're hosting the Contest on Itch.io. Click Here to Join the 2017 IGMC Game Jam!

Before you open up the map editor and place that first event, make sure to read through the Contest Rules HERE! Then read up on the Cash Prizes you'll be competing for HERE!

You can also join us in our IGMC Discord Channel!!!

AlienProps

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want to join but I am not that experienced in making good storylines.
Edit: Nevermind. I will join. Woot

Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@AlienProps : Use it to practice and get feedback then. Sure, odds are you won't win, but at least you can get some players to play your game and give you feedback on the storyline, so you know what to improve.

The Mighty Palm

Resident Palm Tree
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@mlogan probably was just an estimate.

(Though it's not as impossible as it looks. 7 days in a week = 168 hours. Even if he played his game 1.8 hours a day for the week then it'd accumulate 12 hours. Which means he could have completed his game at most 14 times in the span of the week. Still, eh. That's all just on paper)

Plueschkatze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yeah but PLAYING and developing a game is a huge difference. You can play a game for a lot of hours within a week but it's hard to believe that someone developed 12 hours of GAME CONTENT in a week? Alone...

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah but PLAYING and developing a game is a huge difference. You can play a game for a lot of hours within a week but it's hard to believe that someone developed 12 hours of GAME CONTENT in a week? Alone...
Yes. This is what I was meaning. Even to have 1.5 hours of gameplay in a week is an impressive feat - but not entirely impossible. I strongly question a game that has up to 12 hours of play time however.

The Mighty Palm

Resident Palm Tree
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I guess ultimately it depends on the actual content of the game then, but yes I thought you meant 12 hours of play-time literally.

Gin

The djinn
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
My game, while unfinished, plays out as a full scale game and takes 1.5 hours to 12 hours just to complete the portion I have done...
Wow, that´s some serious talent. :o But then again, there is this veteran in game making that I think it´s making three games, so...:dizzy:

I just spent a couple of hours making 1 minute and a half of chars talking to each other in my game.>_>
Me, after spending more than 2 hours to make 1 minute of worthy game playing stuff!

Ok, so today I´m making some of the lovey-dovey romance parts in the game...:wub It´s going super fun!...:kiss::kiss::kiss:

erestorpat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
french
I can't log in to itch.io so I can join the contest... *cry*

Derk

Sad Machine
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You should be able to later. IIRC when I went there today and tried to log-in, I couldn't because of site reasons (like, logging in was disabled).

ACECORP

Founder & Entrepreneur
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ACECORP How do you have up to 12 hours playing time in one week?
Depends on the skill level of the player. I can beat my own “demo game” in 1.5 hours but some of my buddies who never played rpg games took 12 hours, others took 3 hours. Lol.

Yes. This is what I was meaning. Even to have 1.5 hours of gameplay in a week is an impressive feat - but not entirely impossible. I strongly question a game that has up to 12 hours of play time however.
When this is done, it will play out at over 180 hours putting it equal to the square enix FF V title.

Right now I was finally able to whip together the first 3% of it and make it fully playable. But the “whole” thing will be completely done by Q4 2019.

The 3% im submitting does have an ending so you can actually “beat it”. :)

You need iPhone to play it so I will submit the October 3% fully playable portion now.

I just need to add the geo-content and clean it up a little before I do so.

I’ll post instructions on how to submit your phone’s UUID so you can download it and install it.

Since it’s not on App Store yet, I need UUID to enable it play on your phone or iPad.

I’ll try and finish it up and officially submit it over the weeeknd.

Oh there is nowhere near “12 hours of content”. I measure game experience by playtime... if you know exactly what to do it’s 1.5hrs to go from start to “win”. Lol.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Avery's Advent Calendar Day event has put me in a jolly mood, so I dug through my folders finished up some old generator pieces. Check my Fantasy Generator Expansion -Dwarfs! To see what I dropped.
Anyone else here think that closets are claustrophobic?
People3_5 and People3_8 added!

so hopefully tomorrow i get to go home from the hospital i've been here for 5 days already and it's driving me mad. I miss my family like crazy but at least I get to use my own toiletries and my own clothes. My mom is coming to visit soon i can't wait to see her cause i miss her the most. :kaojoy:
Couple hours of work. Might use in my game as a secret find or something. Not sure. Fancy though no? :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
narwhalkyrie