Rules Welcome to the 2017 INDIE GAME MAKER CONTEST!

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, i totally missed the start of IGMC and there are just 14 Days left.

Is it possible to Win first price with standard RTP? If the Game is so good that it deserves it?
Or maybe possible with atleast a few graphical tweaks and showing of some techniches?

sopothetocho

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hi I have a question, can there be a Little blood?, not gore just like a bloody hand print or a splat on a Wall and that kind of stuff, is that ok? Im making a horror game so i need to know...

DjowG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have the same question as @sopothetocho ...
I don't believe this is content 18+ or too much gore to be disqualified.
but a little blood would hurt?

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to Win first price with standard RTP? If the Game is so good that it deserves it?
I'd say yes but less likely xD

If you're making the project just for the sake of winning cold cash, I don't see that as a very good sign. You'll probably regret it :3

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just noticed the contest today, i dont do stuff solely for cash. And i thought it s suposed to be a little motivator :).
And first place was just an example^^ if one wins some nice dlc or mv maker
or if simply just gets noticed by some players its allready a win.

watermark

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Bex Can a RTP game win? In the first IGMC "Cope Island" won third place, if that is any indication.

http://blog.rpgmakerweb.com/games/igmc-review-cope-island/

However, people with custom graphics do have an advantage. I don't think the judges will go "Your game uses RTP therefore it sucks!" Still they might give some bonus points to games with custom graphics.

For example, last IGMC's winner: Corienne Cross B&B, uses basically ALL custom, hand drawn graphics. I don't think that's why it won because it's a good game, but the graphics certainly helped.

WolfWare

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello. I've heard about this late but I might try doing something. I have a concern though.

On rules page it says "Prizes will be delivered electronically via the email associated with the user who submitted the game." Does this mean it's PayPal? I need to know because PayPal's currently banned in my country.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It probably does but I wouldn't give up so easily. If someone who can't do Paypal wins it wouldn't make sense for them to not figure something out.

Stoic

Game Producer
Degica
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
On rules page it says "Prizes will be delivered electronically via the email associated with the user who submitted the game." Does this mean it's PayPal? I need to know because PayPal's currently banned in my country.
Cash prizes will be wired directly to your bank account.

ashyramoonwolf

Chibo's Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm in, i started my project one week ago, but just for fun i'm in! I will do my best for 1Hour!

OnslaughtSupply

Ssshhh...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No progress done in 2 days :rsad:. Hopefully when I get off of work I can make up for lost time.

The clock is ticking down, good luck everybody!

MinisterJay

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Looking forward to seeing hundreds of submissions try to come in during the last two hours.

Last edited:

Llareian

Jack of All Trades, Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't remember this having been asked yet, but I apologize if it was.

I just want to clarify when "midnight" is intended to be. To some, midnight is 24:00:00, but to others it might mean 00:00:00. In other words, is it the beginning or the end of the day on the 5th?

Hopefully I'm not waiting until the last minute to submit, but it might be useful to know. :) A day could make a difference in a month-long competition!

watermark

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Never been in a itch.io jam before. So to clarify:

If for example, we submit a build first, just so we don't miss the deadline, and then maybe a day or two later submit another build. We will be judged by the newest build right?

yajirobi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Never been in a itch.io jam before. So to clarify:

If for example, we submit a build first, just so we don't miss the deadline, and then maybe a day or two later submit another build. We will be judged by the newest build right?
following this logic the contest could possibly never end.

Plueschkatze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
@watermark In general: The deadline is the deadline of the gamejam. So NO. Don't update your game after that deadline. Look at the countdown of the itch.io page. Your final build should be up by the end of that.
It would not be fair to polish it more afterwards, since that's not work you've done within the one month of the contest runtime.

You can submit a demo, tho. That's allowed. BUT I'd suggest that you don't update that until judging is done. At least that's my understanding.

Roden124

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
He meant if we can submit versions of our game before the deadline. We all want our game to be complete by contest's end, but uploading it now when it's 95% done assures us peace of mind if we become unable to reach 100% within the time limit. Most likely that remaining 5% will pull through, so we hope to be judged by the best experience after uploading the finished entry.

I'm curious about this too. I want to release my game next week just for the sake of saying it was released on Halloween.

Plueschkatze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh! Than I might have missunderstood.
I don't see why it would not be OK to upload before the deadline and update before that.

But I'm really curious about that, too! I hope one of the judges will let us know. ;)

Stoic

Game Producer
Degica
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I just want to clarify when "midnight" is intended to be. To some, midnight is 24:00:00, but to others it might mean 00:00:00. In other words, is it the beginning or the end of the day on the 5th?
The contest ends at the end of Sunday the 5th, pacific standard time. You can see the countdown timer on the top of the game jam page for reference: https://itch.io/jam/igmc2017. The countdown uses your local time so for me it shows up as the 6th at 3am since I'm on eastern standard time.

If you submit more than one build then we'll judge the latest build. If you have multiple versions of the game make sure to label which one you are submitting to the contest with either a "Contest" or "IGMC" build label.

Also once the deadline passes you won't be able to upload or edit your game submissions until the judging phase is over so please keep that in mind too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Part 2 of my Audio Engine tutorial for MZ is out!
Come join our stream starting at 2pm and win cool stuff! :D
Star citizen just announced they will develop a roadmap for their planned roadmap...
And i thought i needed order on my project... :kaoswt2:
Big City Greens had it right:
"Always back up your brain game, that's what I like to say!"
I think I've created a monster.
...and I love it. <3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reeman326