Rules Welcome to the 2017 INDIE GAME MAKER CONTEST!

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
At the risk of sounding stupid, is making your game page public considered publishing it? Or should it be set to private?

NoMansLand

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh, nice! I could give this a tr-oh, nevermind, that was one month ago. Maybe next year.

Stoic

Game Producer
Degica
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
At the risk of sounding stupid, is making your game page public considered publishing it? Or should it be set to private?
You need to make your game page public for it to be eligible. As long as you're not selling your game, there won't be any issue later.

Last edited:

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you! I was a little nervous, because when you make it public the itch.io page says it's published. Thank you for clarifying. :D

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've submitted my game. It appeared on my dashboard, and I have set it to public.
But I can't see my game on the igmc game jam.
Is there another thing that needs to be done?

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@EpicFILE Go to the first page of this thread, click on the join the jam link, then once on itch, click the submit link.

Hollow 1977

Rpg MV Game Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Question. If our game relies on testers to play it fighting the random encounters to make it 1 hour and less if they run away from them.
does it still count?

Hollow 1977

Rpg MV Game Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
My game is on the website but it is not in the entries. PLease help. I do not know how to submit it.

Kokoro Hane

Overly Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm not sure if this was asked already or not, but are we allowed to upload fixed versions of our games during the contest? Like if we discovered any errors and such and want to put a fixed build up, or should we wait 'till the contest is finished?

FalseCitrine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I hate to ask this, but is there any way to turn in a late submission? It turns out I just published my game, I didn't actually submit it to the game jam. Probably should have looked at some of these helpful links on the forum.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I don't think it's a problem, but are allowed to edit our game page? Mine's pretty bare bones and all (because stress deadline frenzy).
I also want to include a link to the font I am using, which was standard in Windows 7/8, but somehow got deleted in 10 T.T

To clarify, I won't be updating the actual game download, just the page, so it looks a bit nicer and has some more info (like features etc.).

GamesOfShadows

♥ Gamer/Games ♥
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit: Ok maybe next year? I finished the game but Dropbox was Buggy. GG.

PS: Good luck to you all ;) So many great games.

Last edited:

Llareian

Jack of All Trades, Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm a bit confused as to how voting works. It says, "You haven't voted on this game yet. Select each criteria you'd like to vote on for this entry then click save." But the only criteria is "Vote on this entry" with a checkbox for "Vote", and then a button "Save Rating". Nothing else appears when I check the box for vote. Can we only vote once, for our favorite entry? I guess I thought we could rate the games, but it doesn't seem that way.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe it's a yay or nay kind of thing. Like up voting.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[dpost]Hollow1977[/dpost]

If you want to add something, just edit your earlier post to include the addition.

chalkdust

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can a contest admin please make a new sticky thread explaining the voting process? I keep seeing things about "rating" games, but the only vote option appears to be a simple checkbox. This raises a few questions:

1. Is voting an actual rating or simply a yes/no vote? If you check "vote", is that followed by a prompt to give an actual rating?
2. Can a vote be changed? (I would've already tested question 1 if I knew the answer to this)
3. Can more than one vote be cast to support multiple projects?

Thanks!

Hollow 1977

Rpg MV Game Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Kes Sorry I panicked and was not aware of what I was doing. You can remove the 1st post if you need to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I see some threads pinned in the Useful Development Tools section. I wonder, what are the criteria to get a thread pinned?
Playing some Kingdom come: Deliverance. It's an interesting game... But for the first time ever I'm disappointed with Czech in a Czech game.
Anyone else find themselves skipping through spoken dialogue in games if they've finished reading said dialogue in the textbox? I do. Happens more often in JRPGs with me. I frequently finish reading the dialogue long before the VA is done speaking.
I've been pretty busy working on my Might and Magic inspired project. I've got the code for instructors in place, and I just finished up with the trap and resistance tests. The project is going very smoothly. I'm also learning more about Javascript which is helping out a lot. Arrays, they are your best friend!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
christianfletcher