Rules Welcome to the 2017 INDIE GAME MAKER CONTEST!

Genericide

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure if this was asked already or not, but are we allowed to upload fixed versions of our games during the contest? Like if we discovered any errors and such and want to put a fixed build up, or should we wait 'till the contest is finished?
Unfortunately I don't believe bug fixes are allowed, based on this quote from Stoic a few pages ago:
Also once the deadline passes you won't be able to upload or edit your game submissions until the judging phase is over so please keep that in mind too.
Though as I've encountered a bug of my own I'd appreciate if it someone can confirm, just to be sure. Can we not edit our submissions under any circumstances until the end of the judging period?

SorgeElenchus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm new around here and the itch.io website. I never participated in a game developing contest either. I submitted my entry on Sunday before the deadline. Since then, I made a few changes to it. Can I upload those changes to my itch.io page? Can I also publish my game for other platforms on my game page? Or will those changes alter my original submission that I submitted on Sunday and thereby render my game ineligible to participate in the IGCM 2017 contest? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What are the rules for posting on this subforum? I have an LP thread that I may be adding links to more than once a day, can I update it with a new post for each link I add, so people can see there is a new one?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@just1witness : Same as the other forums. So best to update the main page, and bump it every so often (3 - 4 days or so).

Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kokoro Hane @Genericide @SorgeElenchus I'm afraid I have to confirm it, you can't edit a submission to erase even one smallest bug. I've asked this question to Mark Degica who's one of the contest hosts on Monday on the Discord channel and he said it's against the rules to change your submission after deadline. I only had one major bug (apart from many 'small' glitches) I accidentally erased Actor1.png. I thought I don't need it having all custom made graphics but simply forgot to check on the menu and change this one portrait file to my own asset (or anything, or just leave it as it was)! I was devastated as you probably can understand ;_;

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am also wondering about how the public voting works for these entries. I'm guessing it's either add a vote to any game you like or only vote for your favorite. It'd be good to know which one it is or how it works of it's different than that.

Thanks!

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If it is like last couple of years, you vote for any game you like, and the one that gets the most votes wins the popular vote.

Llareian

Jack of All Trades, Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A lot of people have said things like, "x people have downloaded my game!"

How can you see this? I haven't seen this information anywhere on itch.io.

Blair Pendragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I saw a post saying u can vote for multiple games, but I assume it's just a yes or no sort of thing, rather than a x out of 5 star system. (Which I feel is a bit better for voting whats the "best")

I saw one poster uploading lets plays, does anyone else have any lets play lists? im curious to see some more games being played for when im unable to play them myself.

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kokoro Hane @Genericide @SorgeElenchus I'm afraid I have to confirm it, you can't edit a submission to erase even one smallest bug. I've asked this question to Mark Degica who's one of the contest hosts on Monday on the Discord channel and he said it's against the rules to change your submission after deadline. I only had one major bug (apart from many 'small' glitches) I accidentally erased Actor1.png. I thought I don't need it having all custom made graphics but simply forgot to check on the menu and change this one portrait file to my own asset (or anything, or just leave it as it was)! I was devastated as you probably can understand ;_;
I have a question. If I'm not allowed to update my game on itch.io, is it allowed to upload an updated version of my game on another place? I mean, I'll leave the itch.io version as it is, but I want to upload the updated version on dropbox for example.

I think I can't win because there's a game breaking bug in my game (and there are many better games than mine). But at least I want people to play the best version of my game. :(

Last edited:

Blair Pendragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@EpicFILE your itch.io account can upload multiple games, just make a new submission thats not apart of IGMC and u can upload another game, or in this case, the same game.

Hollow 1977

Rpg MV Game Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Looks like I may have made a mistake. I uploaded my files on Nov 5 but apparently there is no download button on the submission page. So no one can download and play my game.

Update: The files did not get uploaded for some reason so I am out. I will be fixing this after the contest so people can see my creation and I can get some opinions going forward.

Last edited:

Kokoro Hane

Overly Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have a question about the IGMC 2017 logo! Are we allowed to use this? By that, can we display it on our game's digital poster/promo art, or even a splashscreen inside the game? I like to show off the logo of the jam the game was entered this way if a logo exists. I'll of course refrain if this is not allowed. Thanks!

Stoic

Game Producer
Degica
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have a question about the IGMC 2017 logo! Are we allowed to use this? By that, can we display it on our game's digital poster/promo art, or even a splashscreen inside the game? I like to show off the logo of the jam the game was entered this way if a logo exists. I'll of course refrain if this is not allowed. Thanks!
Yes you're allowed to use any of the IGMC promo art including the Iggy mascot graphics. You should be able to find them on the official site and around the web.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The most rewarding part of making custom body character parts is absolutely not making the masks work. Somebody please put me out of my misery.
Any commercial devs here ever mess with Gamejolt? Been contemplating making my games available there but don't know if it's worth the effort or not.
Social distancing taught me of how much of not a loner I am. Dammit, I miss seeing my friends...
Happy 4th of July all. Anybody have plans? Mine here is staying home away from the virus. Still a nice 3 day weekend.
The project I am working on is going great at the moment. I'm hoping everyone is having as successful a time as I am. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcusCryo