Stanley

Nobody, Joystrike Scientist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay, Lotudian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think I most prolly will join. I have no intention, nor capability, of winning, but I wanna do this for learning experience, one, and two, to make this event merrier.:kaohi::kaojoy:

One question.

Can I get a medal/badge if I join??:kaohi::kaopride:

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm sure we'll do a forum award for every person who finishes :)

And seriously, just finishing a game is a win. I've only finished two in the entire time I've been using RPG Maker (which is... 20ish years now?)

bhindi1224

NOT Indian Okra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since there is no thread on the humble bundle (that I could find), I am surprised XP is not available in this promotion but the rest of them are. Any reason XP was cut? I have them all on steam anyway, but I know someone who wanted to get XP sometime and thought this would have been a good opportunity.
I didn't notice XP was missing when I bought the bundle. I just assumed every maker meant every maker.

Edit: Not a big deal I guess, but was hoping they meant all of them when they said "opportunity to collect them all." Actually, there is a picture of XP on the video too.

Last edited:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Archeia Can I paste "plugins.js" file and plugins from project created earlier? I have "ready to go" script list and dont want to make it from the very beginning...

I think almost everyone has a template project for new games so it should be OK. As long as it's like, completely blank except for plugin list. (I know I have one)

Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
IDK if this is the correct post to place but what the difference between this current Humble bundle and the previous RPG maker related humble bundle (game making bundle (2015)[not to be confused with the yoyo's game maker bundle (2016)], humble weekly bundle: rpg maker (2014))?

edit: I know I mentioned a different game engine (which somewhat against the rules) I only saying this because someone might be confused with a different bundle with the same name.

PKLpikachu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh man, this came at the perfect time! I just came up with a game idea a couple weeks ago and this is the perfect excuse for me to start working on it lol

bhindi1224

NOT Indian Okra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Jomarcenter: This is what I got with the bundle so far. I already had MV, and there is a free DLC there also.
NB3sxmj.jpg

Emevi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Are we aiming for an "E for everyone" rating, or just everything under an 18+ is okay?

"No 18+ Content: This includes strong sexual themes and content, graphic nudity, or extreme portrayals of violence. If you're unsure, please follow ESRB guidelines: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entertainment_Software_Rating_Board"

I click the Wikipedia page, and the info about E seems rather short?
"Games with this rating contain content which the ESRB believes is "generally suitable for all ages".[36] They can contain infrequent use of "mild"/cartoon violence and mild language.[16][36] Until 1998, when it was renamed "Everyone", this rating was known as Kids to Adults (K-A).[13]"

I was wondering where we could find more in-depth information?

Thank you!

Dungeonmind

Lvl 4000 Humanoid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have always wanted to enter one of these contests! :) I just have one question. It says: "Pre-existing assets NOT created specifically for the contest are allowed." So does this mean if lets say I have a script that I commissioned for another game that I abandoned can I use that script I paid for long ago in a fresh new project for the contest?

Bonkers

I haven't seen you since the plague.
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@mlogan I am in, but who to do partner with?

Vincent Chu

Writer and translator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Game development is suppose to start today but there's always those games that looks beautiful (with parallax) and stuff but then gets submitted literally the next 2-3 days. I'm just like, they must be one with the speed force lol... (there is NO way).
I guess there must be others that are about as fast as Echo607's demonstration videos. I doubt I'd ever be able to make an awesome game in a single year, let alone one month unless I worked with a massive team.
I'd be more than happy to just help make the story part for an advanced user to cut and paste into their projects for just a humble 20% of revenue and/or winnings. You can try to start a conversation with me if you do want me to write the story part and give reviews and suggestions for improvement prior to submission.
Also, about the humble bundle. Are my eyes deceiving me or is it now possible to purchase Ace for just $1?

Last edited:

Bonkers

I haven't seen you since the plague.
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
May we have a recruitment thread in the IGMC section, or should we keep it to the normal section in the forums?

watermark

Waiting for that RM vibe to come back.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh wow. This is actually happening! Yay!

A question to clarify: Rule #9 states:
"No 18+ Content: This includes strong sexual themes and content, graphic nudity, or extreme portrayals of violence..."

So are we saying the games can go up to ESRB Mature rating? Which, according to the website states:

"Games with this rating contain content which the ESRB believes is generally suitable for those aged 17 years and older; they can contain content with an impact higher than the "Teen" rating can accommodate, including intense and/or realistic portrayals of violence (such as blood, gore, mutilation, and depictions of death), stronger sexual themes and content, partial nudity, and more frequent use of strong language."

Now I ask this because I am thinking of perhaps doing a horror game which may have some violence in it. Characters may get hurt or die, cause well, it's horror based. Since they will be in situations of high pressure, some of them may choose to use quite colorful language consisting mainly of 4 letter words. Of course, there won't be any really graphic visuals or any sexual themes. Some of the violent scenes may even happen off screen or implied.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"Games with this rating contain content which the ESRB believes is generally suitable for those aged 17 years and older; they can contain content with an impact higher than the "Teen" rating can accommodate, including intense and/or realistic portrayals of violence (such as blood, gore, mutilation, and depictions of death), stronger sexual themes and content, partial nudity, and more frequent use of strong language."

Not a judge by any means but judging by that description, it sounds like you'd want to aim for the rating below this one.

Emevi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The rules state:

So yes. Newly created graphics can be used. They just must not have been made before today, if they are specifically for this contest. The last sentence allows for things like DLC packs and even free resources found here - as they are pre-existing, but made for general use.

Also a note to all - please follow creators' terms of use when downloading resources here and elsewhere. I'm going to venture out and make the statement that, based on past contests, because of the potential for prize money, some creators do consider this a commercial use. If you are unsure, please, please, please - check with the creator.

What about tilesets from old projects? Or bases like a spritesheet? They're not finished (I had a head for the base), and they weren't made for this contest, but I would like to ask just in case! If it's disqualifying material, I'd understand! (I just wanted to ask before I started creating!)

Thanks! (Also is it better to edit my earlier post or to make a new post if a new question? Thanks again!)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It’s definitely a great day to fit in some time for me to play no mans sky on PS4
Julyon.png

First concept art of one of our main characters love interests who might turn evil depending on her decisions. Or become king of the world. Or marry her. Maybe even everything at once.
Me: *saved the game*
Also me: *exit the game afterward*
The game: "Any unsaved progress will be lost"
Me: "uh,.. alright?"
[I feel a bit sad I did this]
"WhY?...WhY dId YoU KiLl ThEm AlL?...yOu BlOoDy HeLl MoNsTeR...I'LL MAKE YOU PAY!!! FOR THE BLOOD OF THE LOST!!!" ~Scars final words before his final battle [not final boss]

Battle Theme: Blood of the Lost
Face Sprite
Forgotten Eclipse_Scar Dead+Final Battle with him.png
Doing RPG Maker News for 9th April 2021. :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnimalHead