Rules Welcome to the 2017 INDIE GAME MAKER CONTEST!

Discussion in 'Indie Game Maker (IGMC 2017)' started by Archeia, Oct 5, 2017.

1. DonPatchRM

DonPatchRM Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Oh I'm sorry, I misunderstood.
    I thought you talking about the contest itself.

2. Stanley

Stanley Nobody, Joystrike Scientist Veteran

First Language:
    Malay, Lotudian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think I most prolly will join. I have no intention, nor capability, of winning, but I wanna do this for learning experience, one, and two, to make this event merrier.:kaohi::kaojoy:

One question.

Can I get a medal/badge if I join??:kaohi::kaopride:

starlight dream likes this.
  3. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm sure we'll do a forum award for every person who finishes :)

And seriously, just finishing a game is a win. I've only finished two in the entire time I've been using RPG Maker (which is... 20ish years now?)

Llareian, Marsigne, Gabrelik and 3 others like this.
  4. bhindi1224

bhindi1224 NOT Indian Okra Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I didn't notice XP was missing when I bought the bundle. I just assumed every maker meant every maker.

Edit: Not a big deal I guess, but was hoping they meant all of them when they said "opportunity to collect them all." Actually, there is a picture of XP on the video too.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  5. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    I think almost everyone has a template project for new games so it should be OK. As long as it's like, completely blank except for plugin list. (I know I have one)

6. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

*stealthily points at "More in 6 days 17 hours" content in "Pay More than the Average tier"*
    :kaohi:

7. bhindi1224

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  8. Jomarcenter

Jomarcenter jomarcenter-MJM Veteran

First Language:
    ENGLISH
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    IDK if this is the correct post to place but what the difference between this current Humble bundle and the previous RPG maker related humble bundle (game making bundle (2015)[not to be confused with the yoyo's game maker bundle (2016)], humble weekly bundle: rpg maker (2014))?

edit: I know I mentioned a different game engine (which somewhat against the rules) I only saying this because someone might be confused with a different bundle with the same name.

9. PKLpikachu

PKLpikachu Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Oh man, this came at the perfect time! I just came up with a game idea a couple weeks ago and this is the perfect excuse for me to start working on it lol

10. bhindi1224

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Jomarcenter: This is what I got with the bundle so far. I already had MV, and there is a free DLC there also.
    [​IMG]

Stoic likes this.
  11. Emevi

Emevi Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Are we aiming for an "E for everyone" rating, or just everything under an 18+ is okay?

"No 18+ Content: This includes strong sexual themes and content, graphic nudity, or extreme portrayals of violence. If you're unsure, please follow ESRB guidelines: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entertainment_Software_Rating_Board"

I click the Wikipedia page, and the info about E seems rather short?
    "Games with this rating contain content which the ESRB believes is "generally suitable for all ages".[36] They can contain infrequent use of "mild"/cartoon violence and mild language.[16][36] Until 1998, when it was renamed "Everyone", this rating was known as Kids to Adults (K-A).[13]"

I was wondering where we could find more in-depth information?

Thank you!

12. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
  13. Dungeonmind

Dungeonmind Lvl 4000 Humanoid Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have always wanted to enter one of these contests! :) I just have one question. It says: "Pre-existing assets NOT created specifically for the contest are allowed." So does this mean if lets say I have a script that I commissioned for another game that I abandoned can I use that script I paid for long ago in a fresh new project for the contest?

14. Bonkers

Bonkers Bioware, do you need a nap? Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @mlogan I am in, but who to do partner with?

15. Vincent Chu

Vincent Chu Writer and translator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I guess there must be others that are about as fast as Echo607's demonstration videos. I doubt I'd ever be able to make an awesome game in a single year, let alone one month unless I worked with a massive team.
    I'd be more than happy to just help make the story part for an advanced user to cut and paste into their projects for just a humble 20% of revenue and/or winnings. You can try to start a conversation with me if you do want me to write the story part and give reviews and suggestions for improvement prior to submission.
    Also, about the humble bundle. Are my eyes deceiving me or is it now possible to purchase Ace for just $1?

16. Bonkers

Bonkers Bioware, do you need a nap? Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    May we have a recruitment thread in the IGMC section, or should we keep it to the normal section in the forums?

17. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Ideally in project recruitment.

Bonkers likes this.
  18. watermark

watermark Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh wow. This is actually happening! Yay!

A question to clarify: Rule #9 states:
    "No 18+ Content: This includes strong sexual themes and content, graphic nudity, or extreme portrayals of violence..."

So are we saying the games can go up to ESRB Mature rating? Which, according to the website states:

"Games with this rating contain content which the ESRB believes is generally suitable for those aged 17 years and older; they can contain content with an impact higher than the "Teen" rating can accommodate, including intense and/or realistic portrayals of violence (such as blood, gore, mutilation, and depictions of death), stronger sexual themes and content, partial nudity, and more frequent use of strong language."

Now I ask this because I am thinking of perhaps doing a horror game which may have some violence in it. Characters may get hurt or die, cause well, it's horror based. Since they will be in situations of high pressure, some of them may choose to use quite colorful language consisting mainly of 4 letter words. Of course, there won't be any really graphic visuals or any sexual themes. Some of the violent scenes may even happen off screen or implied.

19. Fireworker

Fireworker Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Not a judge by any means but judging by that description, it sounds like you'd want to aim for the rating below this one.

20. Emevi

Emevi Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    What about tilesets from old projects? Or bases like a spritesheet? They're not finished (I had a head for the base), and they weren't made for this contest, but I would like to ask just in case! If it's disqualifying material, I'd understand! (I just wanted to ask before I started creating!)

Thanks! (Also is it better to edit my earlier post or to make a new post if a new question? Thanks again!)