Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, it's been happening with a lot of posts and I'm trying to keep up with it all best I can to get everything approved. I think Archeia is getting some sleep right now so there will be a bit of craziness for awhile.

Wren

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
New boards look cool, still getting used to where everything is. Great job in getting all of this done. :ewink:

Reapergurl

Drummer Extraordinaire! xD
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
Other
The avatar busts on the sides of latest posts are gone.

I liked that feature (because I recognize objects better than I do names).

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You are the only one who sees your online status (and mods).
The 'Who's Online' at the bottom of the main page would seem to show online status.

Is there a way to remain 'invisible' when logged on?

chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure if it's a bug, or if it's just me, but I don't see an edit button on any of my posts ._.; any help is appreciated. :)
Also really like the new look/feel of the forum, good job on the update, especially happy the preview button is back lol.

Edit : now I feel like a liar, cause I totally see it now >_> not sure if I'm just blind, or something happened. T_T lol

Nanaki_Fan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
New forums look great! Can't wait to have a play around with the new features. Will let you know if I come across a bug!

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I managed to fix my links, finally.

To the people looking to fix links which direct to specific posts, here is an example:
http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/crafting-script-v3-8-updated-2-26-2015.17560/page-21#post-314478
So, after the topic link, you have to enter the page number (only if it's on the 2nd+ page), and lastly, you have to enter the post "ID" (the post ID is the same as in your old links - it's at the end of your old links) with the layout in my example.

Now for a little forum feedback...
  • Feature Name: Number of pages for topics
  • Screenshot: Not needed, I think.
  • Description: Why can't we see the number of pages in a topic? The only way to see it is to hover the mouse there. Not cool! >.>
  • Feature Name: Popup windows on usernames/profile pictures
  • Screenshot: Can't screenshot them, they are not appearing! o.o
  • Description: No little popup windows when I hover on a username/profile picture to check the user's public information. Can we get this back? *-*
  • Feature Name: "Last read: *date goes here*" display in PMs
  • Screenshot: Can't screenshot them, missing feature!
  • Description: No "Last read: date_here" information displayed in PMs. I liked that feature, now it's gone. Any chance to add this here?
  • Feature Name: "Posted in topic" display
  • Screenshot: Can't screenshot it, missing feature, I guess. Or a bug?
  • Description: Is there any indicator on the topic list page where I can see in which topics I posted already? I can't seem to find any difference in the display of topics I posted in and the ones I didn't post in.
  • Feature Name: Email notifications
  • Screenshot: ---
  • Description: This is the most important one for me. I like to know when there is a new post in a topic I "watch", and the only way I can know immediately is with email notifications, because my phone will ring like a madman if I get an email. Will this feature return? Please tell me it will! *-*
Just when I previewed my post (this post), I noticed the little "and receive email notifications" box at the bottom.
Can that be set to always be enabled somewhere? And can I somehow enable it for all the topics I posted in at once? I'm certainly not looking forward to go through all the topics I posted in and enable that feature for them one by one. >.>

I still haven't checked everything, but gonna do that when I finish my daily workload.
I can see that it will be a long time to adjust myself again for this new forum. Please don't make any other forum changes in the next 10 years, thanks! >.>

Ally

Linked Rooms Games Founder - Fleshforward
Reaction score
First Language
Italy
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Amazing work Team!:ahappy:

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
Testing ... one... two.... three...
Just posting something with some format to test stuff out.

Posting an image of Eric in a spoiler with title created through the button in the editor...

...Now creating another spoiler with an image by manually typing the BBCode...

Posting code in a spoiler with a title created through the button in the editor...
Code:
class barbarian
  def 34
    atk 23
    mag 7
    res 9
    agi 21
    luk 14
  end
end

Accessing BBCode Editor...
Leaving BBCode Editor...
Previewing...

[hr]

Everything seems to be working fine for now.
Oh what a relief! Now that's a great upgrade. The previous system was terrible, bugged and just annoying to work with as it broke my posts so many times. These special spoiler boxes within the editor were not manageable.
Now everything I loved is back and the design is neat ~ Great work!

And look at this lovely tiny Eric! :ehappy: Best emoticon ever! x3

Ouh, no horizontal line, but that's a minor thingie. I've checked help, but found nothing. :esad:

RIP IP.B though. Its 4th version is a mistake. Let's see what XenForo has to offer there.

Sorry for that spam, but I had to test things in practice. :eswt2:
Anyway, I like the changes already! ^^

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
  • Feature Name: Code box size and language selections
  • Screenshot: not necessary
  • Description: The code box is incredibly small. Could it please be made MUCH larger - full window, or resizable, if possible? Could we also please add Ruby and JavaScript to the language options? Not likely that anyone will use the existing PHP or HTML options.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
I managed to fix my links, finally.
  • Feature Name: Number of pages for topics
  • Screenshot: Not needed, I think.
  • Description: Why can't we see the number of pages in a topic? The only way to see it is to hover the mouse there. Not cool! >.>
Don't ask me, ask the Xenforo devs lol. I found the code and it should work now.

• Feature Name: Popup windows on usernames/profile pictures
  • Screenshot: Can't screenshot them, they are not appearing! o.o
  • Description: No little popup windows when I hover on a username/profile picture to check the user's public information. Can we get this back? *-*
Just click on a user name and it will popup. I want to avoid putting plugins as much as possible when it's not super important. It would be hell on the next forum software update.

• Feature Name: "Last read: *date goes here*" display in PMs
  • Screenshot: Can't screenshot them, missing feature!
  • Description: No "Last read: date_here" information displayed in PMs. I liked that feature, now it's gone. Any chance to add this here?
It's a plugin and it was already requested here earlier on by I think @Avery
  • Feature Name: "Posted in topic" display
  • Screenshot: Can't screenshot it, missing feature, I guess. Or a bug?
  • Description: Is there any indicator on the topic list page where I can see in which topics I posted already? I can't seem to find any difference in the display of topics I posted in and the ones I didn't post in.
upload_2017-2-4_11-50-31.png

• Feature Name: Email notifications
  • Screenshot: ---
  • Description: This is the most important one for me. I like to know when there is a new post in a topic I "watch", and the only way I can know immediately is with email notifications, because my phone will ring like a madman if I get an email. Will this feature return? Please tell me it will! *-*
In the opening topic we have said we have email problems even for signups.

I can see that it will be a long time to adjust myself again for this new forum. Please don't make any other forum changes in the next 10 years, thanks! >.>
Sure if you don't mind a forum software update removing being able to use BBCode Editor, rely on WYSIWYG Editor that is not accurate and "Code" BBCode Tag eating the rest of the text of your post and you will only notice it once you posted.

Last edited:

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
  • Feature Name: Mark topics read more easily
  • Screenshot: Not relevant
  • Description: Could we make it so that the topics can be marked read by hitting the face to the left the way it worked on the old forums? Or, if that's not possible, something that would make it a single click and wouldn't require going into the subforum to do it?

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
The forums looks cool! Nice update. :elhappy:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
  • Feature Name: Code box size and language selections
  • Screenshot: not necessary
  • Description: The code box is incredibly small. Could it please be made MUCH larger - full window, or resizable, if possible? Could we also please add Ruby and JavaScript to the language options? Not likely that anyone will use the existing PHP or HTML options.
So I just checked and it turns out they don't offer languages at all. I would keep looking but the Xenforo site doesn't have any.
I tried changing the code to expand the code box but it wouldn't reflect. I most likely need the help of one of the web staff on Monday JPT.

• Feature Name: Mark topics read more easily
  • Screenshot: Not relevant
  • Description: Could we make it so that the topics can be marked read by hitting the face to the left the way it worked on the old forums? Or, if that's not possible, something that would make it a single click and wouldn't require going into the subforum to do it?
I was looking for that too but it turns out it is a paid add-on. We'll see if we can afford it... :kaosigh:

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's how things go these days isn't it? You get enough to hook you and then all the cool stuff is behind a pay wall. ;)

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I thought this was reported and said to be fixed, but not sure, so sorry if you're already aware of it

• Bug Name: Status length
  • Description: Update your Status (hover over name in top-right corner, type in box at bottom of pop-up) says it allows 1500 characters, but when I make a status and go to post it, it tells me to put something less than 140.

Also, it's showing a REALLY old status for me. Doesn't bother me, but maybe something got lost or misdirected?

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
I think Sixth meant an indicator, that shows in which threads you have posted in, not which ones did you see or not.
I'm not sure how old is that question, nor if that was answered already, but there seems to be that kind of indicator:

Last edited:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
I thought this was reported and said to be fixed, but not sure, so sorry if you're already aware of it

• Bug Name: Status length
  • Description: Update your Status (hover over name in top-right corner, type in box at bottom of pop-up) says it allows 1500 characters, but when I make a status and go to post it, it tells me to put something less than 140.

Also, it's showing a REALLY old status for me. Doesn't bother me, but maybe something got lost or misdirected?
Yeah it's already on the front post.
As for old status I'm not sure why either.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ooh - looks like my posts no longer need to be approved. thanks :) It's a nice layout, btw - will take a bit of getting used to a new format ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i watched the sonic movie it was pretty good i hope they make a sequel
tomorrow I'ma go on a cruise for the first time ever... lets hope I'll survive the experience!
Omg! 8 years in this forum :o
Ksi
Streaming the last of the RMN Valentiny event games so feel free to drop on by and watch me cry (whether that's from laughter, rage or sheer pain, who knows?)
Today I went to sleep without setting an alarm, so I could sleep more than 2 hours. I woke up after 2 hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alomoes