Welcome to the New Forums!

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
pst jo, if you want I can add your emoticons here too :rwink:
Oh wow awesome! I'd absolutely love to!!! <3 <3 <3 *drawing emoticons intensifies*
though I actuallly did this to see if anybody would actually lose time trying to find Helen in the emoticons HAHAHAHA

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh wow awesome! I'd absolutely love to!!! <3 <3 <3 *drawing emoticons intensifies*
though I actuallly did this to see if anybody would actually lose time trying to find Helen in the emoticons HAHAHAHA
Just PM me the emoticons in single images (19x19 is recommended) and then zip them up. Give me a text file of all the :tags:
Check the help and Smilies section for reference. Also lol oops :kaoswt2:

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey, I've got some questions about the new forums (and a request or two):
  1. On the old forums I was able to automatically watch threads I create, but not automatically watch threads I reply to. Is there a way to do this on the new forums? If not, could you please add this option?
  2. How do I change my User Title (e.g. "Level 99 Demi-fiend") on the new forums?
  3. I see that you can go to someone's profile, click "Postings", scroll to the bottom and click the tiny links for "See all posts by X" and "See all threads created by X". It would be great to have a more easily available and visible link on the profile if you want to see this content; at the very least, it would be nice to have these links at the top rather than the bottom of the window.
  4. Is it possible that there was a bug with Followers? I'm sure I've had double-digit followers in the past and on my profile it now shows just 4. It's entirely feasible that most of my followers simply unfollowed me, but with some of the other issues I'm seeing - I have to wonder whether people may have lost followers in the migration.
  5. Request - Once graphics are added for Trophies, any chance you could allow people to choose their favorite 3-4 Trophies to display in their userbox (that shows to the left of posts you make)?
  6. Just an idea - I don't know anything about the architecture of your boards, but is it possible to do global "Find and Replace"s with wildcard string matching? Something like globally searching for http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/#-*/ and replacing it with http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/*.#/ If this is possible to do, it would restore old links so they are functional, which would be enormously useful to forumgoers and visitors alike, as RMWeb Threads tend to appear pretty high in Google rankings and our users tend to like linking from one RMWeb thread to another for useful context or when repeat questions happen.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey, I've got some questions about the new forums (and a request or two):
  1. On the old forums I was able to automatically watch threads I create, but not automatically watch threads I reply to. Is there a way to do this on the new forums? If not, could you please add this option?
It's around here:
upload_2017-2-5_1-21-20.png
How do I change my User Title (e.g. "Level 99 Demi-fiend") on the new forums?
It's disabled for now. It will be back later. :)

I see that you can go to someone's profile, click "Postings", scroll to the bottom and click the tiny links for "See all posts by X" and "See all threads created by X". It would be great to have a more easily available and visible link on the profile if you want to see this content; at the very least, it would be nice to have these links at the top rather than the bottom of the window.
Go to Information -> Scroll down.

Is it possible that there was a bug with Followers? I'm sure I've had double-digit followers in the past and on my profile it now shows just 4. It's entirely feasible that most of my followers simply unfollowed me, but with some of the other issues I'm seeing - I have to wonder whether people may have lost followers in the migration.
It's migration apparently because of IPS4. We can't fix it, sadly. :/

Request - Once graphics are added for Trophies, any chance you could allow people to choose their favorite 3-4 Trophies to display in their userbox (that shows to the left of posts you make)?
We're using medals for that. It's not activated yet.

Just an idea - I don't know anything about the architecture of your boards, but is it possible to do global "Find and Replace"s with wildcard string matching? Something like globally searching for http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/#-*/ and replacing it with http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/*.#/ If this is possible to do, it would restore old links so they are functional, which would be enormously useful to forumgoers and visitors alike, as RMWeb Threads tend to appear pretty high in Google rankings and our users tend to like linking from one RMWeb thread to another for useful context or when repeat questions happen.
I have no idea if it's possible. It's the weekend and we might fix around Monday. Everyone at the office is not allowed to touch the software because we might accidentally break the forum. Please understand it's not going to take months to get the links fixed.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks so much for the helpful replies, Archeia!! :) A couple of things are still unclear, so I hope you don't mind a couple of follow-up questions:

On the old forums I was able to automatically watch threads I create, but not automatically watch threads I reply to. Is there a way to do this on the new forums? If not, could you please add this option?
The "Alert Preferences" page seems to control when you receive alerts (e.g. when someone replies to a thread you follow). What I am asking for is a way to automatically follow threads that I create, but not every thread I reply to. The "Preferences" page above Alert Prefs gives me the option to automatically follow both threads I create and threads I reply to, but it doesn't allow me to choose one or the other to automatically follow.

I see that you can go to someone's profile, click "Postings", scroll to the bottom and click the tiny links for "See all posts by X" and "See all threads created by X". It would be great to have a more easily available and visible link on the profile if you want to see this content; at the very least, it would be nice to have these links at the top rather than the bottom of the window.
Go to Information -> Scroll down.
Ah! Yes, that is an easier way, thank you for the tip!

Is it possible that there was a bug with Followers? I'm sure I've had double-digit followers in the past and on my profile it now shows just 4. It's entirely feasible that most of my followers simply unfollowed me, but with some of the other issues I'm seeing - I have to wonder whether people may have lost followers in the migration.
It's migration apparently because of IPS4. We can't fix it, sadly. :/
Okay, so that is to say that some Followers were indeed removed by the migration?

Just an idea - I don't know anything about the architecture of your boards, but is it possible to do global "Find and Replace"s with wildcard string matching? Something like globally searching for http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/#-*/ and replacing it with http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/*.#/ If this is possible to do, it would restore old links so they are functional, which would be enormously useful to forumgoers and visitors alike, as RMWeb Threads tend to appear pretty high in Google rankings and our users tend to like linking from one RMWeb thread to another for useful context or when repeat questions happen.
I have no idea if it's possible. It's the weekend and we might fix around Monday. Everyone at the office is not allowed to touch the software because we might accidentally break the forum. Please understand it's not going to take months to get the links fixed.
This is great to hear! I was under the impression that most of the links on the forum would never be fixed, when it was stated earlier in the thread that "they need to be done manually", since there are tens of thousands by now. Days or weeks are no problem whatsoever; I was making the suggestion because I was worried we'd have broken links forever as a result of the migration! My bad.

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi, it's great that we got BBcode back (and the way spoilers look is much better now too) but with all changes it's taking a bit of adjusting. (and grr, broken links, do I have to fix you all?
and also, some suggestions
  • Feature Name: Recent Updates
  • Description: In the old forums we used to be able to have a custom RSS-type thing that we could set to show specific types of posts. I set up a thing called "Updates" that would show me topics that had new posts in the past 7 days, that I had posted in. It was really useful as I only watched posts that I needed immediate email updates for (for example, questions or bugs posted in the threads of the plugins/scripts that I've written) and had a nice "Updates" thing that I could click whenever I visited the forums to see responses to things I've posted in but not necessarily needed to rush to respond to. It would be great if this feature was added back in.
  • Feature Name: Forum Themes/Custom colors?
  • Description: less of a concern, but the blue background this forum has is really grey and much too dark, making the site lose any of its "modern" look and more like those old forums who all use this exact shade of blue. I preferred the white. Rather than the left, couldn't it be more like the color on the right? Or have some feature to allow the user to decide? It's a minor feature, though, that may not be worth the trouble.
Screenshot_10.png

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just discovered you can hover over a thread title in the New Posts list and it will pop up the first few lines of the thread. I LOVE this!!!! No more wasting time going into "Help me" threads with no idea of what they're asking - not that that's an excuse to be lazy with thread titles.

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Can the like display be moved above the signatures? Am I the only one bothered by this? o.o
Actually, the "Report", "Like", "+Quote" and "Reply" buttons, should be moved above the signatures too, along with the post link button too.
The way it is now, it looks like people like, report, quote the signatures, not the posts. :D

I love the post editor stuffs, especially the spoiler names and pretty code display (although too little code-box, but I saw that's already reported).
While I am at the code box...
  • Feature Name: "Select All" button for code boxes
  • Description: It is a very useful thing to have for forums where code tags are often used (such as this forum). With that button, there would be no need to scroll down huge codes just to select it all, simply click on that button and it will automatically highlight all the code inside the code box.

Phoenixofchaos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It seems that every time I view a post, I get an error saying, "The requested page could not be found."

I'm trying to view this page, which had resources I can't find anywhere else:
http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/46633-1280x720-default-battlebacks/

I know the page is there because I was viewing it just a few days ago. What happened to it? Did the update destroy the post?
I'm don't know much about forums; am I missing something?

Thanks for assisting! :D

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It seems that every time I view a post, I get an error saying, "The requested page could not be found."

I'm trying to view this page, which had resources I can't find anywhere else:
http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/46633-1280x720-default-battlebacks/

I know the page is there because I was viewing it just a few days ago. What happened to it? Did the update destroy the post?
I'm don't know much about forums; am I missing something?

Thanks for assisting! :D
Read the opening post. Old links won't work anymore, you will have to convert them to the new format.
The link you posted should look like this in the new format:
http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/1280x720-default-battlebacks.46633/

Phoenixofchaos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Read the opening post. Old links won't work anymore, you will have to convert them to the new format.
The link you posted should look like this in the new format:
http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/1280x720-default-battlebacks.46633/

Thank you! I don't use forums too much, so I don't usually know what to do when they don't work.
I guess I should have read the main post; I was sort of multitasking at the time of the error.

Speaking of this issue, it seems that Google results use the old link format, which means anyone searching the web for something RPG Maker-related may run into an error message instead of the helpful post they're looking for. If that's something that can be fixed, I just wanted to make the team aware of it. :)

Thanks for letting me know how to view the posts! :D

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
They're aware, but this will have to be fixed from Google's end. The forum search is working great though.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
I am really still searching two or three things around. Remember profile status? It seems to be an account information now and I am not chimed when someone I follow just posted theirs... Also... Not sure where it is supposed to be if it is there or not... like the 140 character spot that took me one hour to send the post and didn't refreshed the window when it was posted. Also... the .pngs I posted in some treads were before accessible a bit.

Cadh20000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Bug Reports:
Code:
[LIST]
[*]Bug Name:
[*]Screenshot:
[*]URL:
[*]Description:
[/LIST]
  • Bug Name: Error in character count versus allowed character total in status messages
  • Screenshot:
    Screenshot 2017-02-04 23.12.52.png Screenshot 2017-02-04 23.12.59.png
  • URL: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php
  • Description: When posting a Status Update it says you have 1500 characters to use and counts down from that as you type, but once you try clicking "Post" it gives an error message saying your message is too long if you used more than 140 characters, the exact error message's phrasing is "The following error has occured: Please enter a message with no more than 140 characters.".

Cadh20000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Cadh20000 it's already in the opening post
Sorry, didn't reread the opening post in detail this time, just skimmed it instead, since it hadn't been mentioned the last time I had checked this thread.

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, guys! It appears that a number of signatures have broken spoilers as a result of the transfer. It would be a huge help if everyone goes into their profile to check their signature and fix any resulting size issues. Thank you! The prompt to edit your signature is now found under "personal details" on the settings portion of your sidebar or drop down menu.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

While we prepare the official trailer, enjoy this kind-of-second teaser! ^^
-Ele
New Episodes of RPG Shenanigans Uploaded to Youtube!

Episode 5 - Surprise Party!
Youtube Link:
Episode 6 - Killer Gin
Youtube Link:
Episode 7 - Gaia's Melody: Echoed Melodies
(Coming soon!)

Episode 8 - Clarent Saga: Tactics
(Coming soon!)

Episode 9 - Star Shift
(Coming soon!)
When the Map Generator throws in the assets in the most dumbest way possible - your path is blocked :D

I went to sleep at 3 am because of my anxiety. Set up my alarm for 7 am so that I could have sasagues for breakfast and do morning routine before lessons starts at 8 am. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep even after my lessons finished because I have to visit my grandparents today I was sad bc I was really tired. Thats when I realised. My lesson starts at 9 am. I could get one extra hour of sleep if I didnt forget it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WDRS