OM3GA-Z3RO

Wounded Seraphim
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
This isn't very important, this idea is still in the decision phase whether or not we going to implement this or not but would like to put this in the testing game to see how it actually plays out (We are working on 2 games, one is a dummy game where we test our things for the real game)

In our game, the Inn is a Dumpling Shop where the players can rest and enjoy a good meal of Dumplings when the normal Inn option will show up saying: "50 Gold for a table seat." which gives you the options Yes/No.

After you choose Yes, I had the idea of giving a new option, the Inn Keeper AKA Waitress would ask you: "Which dish do you wish to have?" and the varieties will be:

Beef Dumplings: 15% ATK & MAT

Chicken DUmplings: 15% DEF & MDF

Veggie Dumplings: 15% AGI & LUK

Shrimp DUmplings: 15% MHP & MMP

These buffs will last you after a X number of steps you make during your travels but here comes the problem, once you select a Dumpling (Lets choose Beef) the ATK & MAT Dumpling buff doesn't get added into the players Buff roster, I did the event of Change State so whichever option dish you choose the Change state event should kick in and grant the players a buff but it doesn't they just get fully healed and that's it, anyway possible in doing this without the need of scripts?

Please Help.

kerbonklin

Hiatus King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you're using Buffs instead of states, I don't think they function outside of battles.

If using states that alter parameters, i'm not sure if the changes show on menus that display stats.

OM3GA-Z3RO

Wounded Seraphim
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Odd? My one character has a state spell that increases his ATK and that state stays even after combat which should be the same as the Dumpling buffs, I could show a picture of the state list and event when I get back home from work to make it easier for you

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're going to have to make them states instead of just regular buffs.

OM3GA-Z3RO

Wounded Seraphim
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I could have mistaken my events (Guy who hasn't slept in 3 days here) so I will check to see if that is the case, if not then I will post a picture of my problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShadowLurk

Tanoshii~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I think the OP just confused buffs with states, which in VX Ace, they are two different things. Anyway, I tested what adding states and it works for me. Maybe the event is wrong somewhere?

OM3GA-Z3RO

Wounded Seraphim
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Would you care to demonstrate in a screenshot of your event? Because I checked if I mistakenly did it with buffs but I checked and the event is set to Change State but it never works for me, I even checked if I created the states and they are in the database but they just don't proc.

OM3GA-Z3RO

Wounded Seraphim
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
that's a simple event, thanks for showing but that is somewhat very similar to mine but it doesn't grant the state, I will post a picture when I get home from work (I know I was suppose to do that yesterday but I just dropped like a log the moment I entered my room)

ShadowLurk

Tanoshii~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Well, besides the eventing error, all I can think of the reason a state is not showing is that the icon is not set.

OM3GA-Z3RO

Wounded Seraphim
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Nope, the icon and everything are all there, here is 3 pictures that shows the whole event and the last on shows one of the States on the State Database.

Dumpling buff event part 1.png

Dumpling buff event part 2.png

Dumpling buff event part 3.png

hope this will make things much clear.

ShadowLurk

Tanoshii~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
The problem is that you recover party after assigning the states. Recover all will also erase all states. Move the Recover All on top of the buffs, or have a variable save the choice value and give the buff after Recover All.

OM3GA-Z3RO

Wounded Seraphim
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
AAAAH Stupid me, I totally forgot that Recover all erases  positive states too, thanks for the help this should get the thing working.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Creating 3D CGs for Cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I keep wanting to post every song I make for the game and have to hold back on that because at this rate, I'll have spoiled all the really good stuff lol..
DerniBorges wrote on TSR's profile.
Is there any way this plugin works with the big character, and the QSprite plugin? Using RTP chars, everything works fine, but the big ones, with QSprite, it's like that in the image, it doesn't reflect right. And there is, in the settings, an option to fix it. Thanks.
bug2.png
Bengawan Solo with fantasy style arrangement. :D
So I just got my computer back (Was posting stuff on my phone) But now my dang monitor's broken! I'll need to get a new one, which means... JOBS! Yaaay... When I get a new monitor, I'll post picture of one of my RPGMMV projects.
Wish me luck... :kaodes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starnumb