Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

ENGINE
RPGMaker MV

SYNOPSIS
Please refer to my Games In Development thread at: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/horizon.94851/

I am in the process of developing a first demo based on the opening invasion sequence of the game, focusing on Vilhelm and Mǽlhafoc. The intention is to kick off the plot, showcase the combat system, and expose the player to the core puzzle mechanics.

ROLES NEEDED
I am hoping to fill any (or all) of the following positions as I work to complete the demo:
  1. Plot/Dialogue Writer (open) - I have a reasonable outline of the sequence of events of the game, but am looking for help to bring it to life. Bonus points if you're interested in eventing the sequences yourself.
  2. Level Designer/Mapper (open) - I have taken a first stab at some of the opening map sequences but this is my first foray into mapping, so anyone with a knack for it would be a welcome addition.
  3. Enemy Design (open) - Emphasis here on the enemy skills, as I have artwork (at least for the demo) of the invading forces. I'm looking to devise an enemy skill system that is interesting, intuitive, and scalable past the demo.
  4. Artist(s) (filled) - Character busts and expanding on the face sets.
  5. Artist(s) (open) - Battle spritesheets for remaining character roster (5 main characters remaining to be animated).
  6. Artist(s) (open) - Map character improvements, such as additional frames/emotional poses.
  7. Composer (filled) - I have a collection of Restaff and DLC pieces but am looking for a dedicated composer that can help pull it all together and provide original content as necessary to bring in character themes.
  8. Honestly, if you're interested at all and feel you have something to contribute, send me a PM! I'm looking to build an enthusiastic team that can see this through.

MY ROLES
In addition to picking up the slack in whatever roles above are not filled, I expect to perform the following:
  1. Game Designer
    • Completion of the core puzzle mechanics
    • Completion of the battle formation mechanics
    • Fine tuning of the timed attacks mechanics
    • Final sweep of skill mechanics
  2. Database Maintenance
  3. Plugin Integration and Programming

Last edited:

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd be happy to help out with dialogue.

Joy Diamond

Talkative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Greetings Villhelm,

Those are some impressive screenshots! Very nicely put together project recruitment posting :)

One thing I didn't understand from the roles needed & your role:
  • Who is doing all the programming for all those screenshots? (I'm asking since you did not mention programming in either needed role or your role)
  • And is it with or without JavaScript? (i.e.: Are you using lots of plugins?)
Thanks,

Joy Harmony

Villhelm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Skunk Thanks for the interest, I've sent you a PM to connect.

@Joy Diamond I'm relying on a number of JS plugins (just passed the 100 mark) from a variety of authors such as Yanfly, Victor Engine, Bobstah, Galv, Moogle_X, Moghunter, and SumRndmDde. I've authored about two dozen of those as part of my integration efforts and for some UI tailoring (I've been using this project as an opportunity to learn some JS). I believe I could complete the remaining programming for a functional demo myself but could potentially expand the scope (within reason) with more assistance.

Joy Diamond

Talkative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Joy Diamond I'm relying on a number of JS plugins (just passed the 100 mark) from a variety of authors such as Yanfly, Victor Engine, Bobstah, Galv, Moogle_X, Moghunter, and SumRndmDde. I've authored about two dozen of those as part of my integration efforts and for some UI tailoring (I've been using this project as an opportunity to learn some JS). I believe I could complete the remaining programming for a functional demo myself but could potentially expand the scope (within reason) with more assistance.
Very interesting, I'd love to talk to you. I want to learn about what the licenses of all these plugin's are, what license you use when integrating them, etc.

Also, how do you manage 100 plugin's? I shudder to think of the Quality Assurance to make sure they all work together ...

Villhelm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Dec 16th Update
I’m still looking to fill the following roles:
  • Level Designer/Mapper
  • Enemy Designer
  • Sprite Artist
Feel free to message me if you are interested in contributing in other ways as well.

Villhelm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Dec 19th Update
I have removed the majority of screenshots from my original post in favour of an upcoming series of short demo videos highlighting the character abilities and game mechanics.

To that end, I introduce to you the first character demo: Vilhelm, the Exiled Knight.

Raijinn

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa, English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Does Enemy Designer design the enemy or would they need to draw it too?

Villhelm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Raijinn, for the purposes of the demo, I have selected artwork for ~20 enemies (primarily from http://cyanyurikago.web.fc2.com/), including 4 bosses.

The Enemy Designer would be responsible for designing skill sets for each enemy (with consideration for scalability of enemy skills past the demo stages of the project). We would work jointly on implementation in the database.

In the long term, I would like to bring an artist on board for enemy battler art (both for making setting-specific enemies and unifying the art style).

That being said, these are just my plans, and if someone is particularly interested in contributing artwork, I’m open to discussing it.

Raijinn

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa, English
Primarily Uses
N/A
If It's only balancing the skillsets, I could do that

Villhelm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Dec 22nd Update
I've updated my original post with my second character demo: Genevieve, the Scarlet Rogue.

Villhelm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Dec 26th Update
I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!
I've updated my original post to include my third character demo: Malhavoc, the Elven Ranger.

@Raijinn and I have begun on the enemy designs but I'm still looking for assistance with the following roles:
  • Level Designer/Mapper
  • Sprite Artist
Wishing you all the best for the remainder of the holiday season!

Villhelm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Dec 29th Update
I've updated my original post to include my fourth and final (for now) character demo: Evelynn, the Zodiac Disciple.

Wishing everyone a very Happy New Years!

Villhelm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Jan 11th Update
The following positions are still open:
  • Level Designer/Mapper
  • Sprite Artist

Villhelm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Feb 5th Update:
Progress has been slow over the last month (I’ve been getting the nursery together for the upcoming addition to our family). That being said, I’m still looking to recruit for all positions in the original post.

Villhelm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
April 29th Update:
Back from the land of new parenthood and looking to dive back into the project. Still interested in recruiting:
  • Level Designer/Mapper
  • Dialogue Writer
  • Enemy Designer
  • Sprite Artist

Villhelm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
May 19th Update:
I’ve been heads-down working on getting some tools implemented using MOGHunter’s Chrono Engine, hoping to post something up soon. In the meantime, still looking to recruit!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Me and brother have an ongoing rivalry. We constantly fight for the High Score in Galaga on our arcade cabinet. Today I take back the top with 239,000. He'll be back. (No-Fire glitch is banned)
Made Custom ENEMY Information Screen
I'm having such a hard time thinking of an interesting battle system. and not being a coder, certain things I wanna do seem a lot harder lol.
Created a character outline with some code. I have no use for this. I'm....bored.....
Having lots of fun using different PS brushes to add a lil' texture to the floors and walls in my maps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmbor