• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Villhelm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Back with some of the animation sequences I've been working on to incorporate Mǽlhafoc's new battle sprite, courtesy of @Alvonso!

Spear
Mǽlhafoc's basic spear attack.
Upgrading this skill allows Mǽlhafoc's raven Nægel and hound Fæng to enter the fray,
debuffing the target's Technique and Agility while also counterattacking those that strike Mǽlhafoc.

Serpent Strike
Serpent Strike inflicts Poison and can double attack if the timed input is entered correctly.
The attack can be upgraded to also inflict Slow and eventually Doom.

Villhelm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
New Year, new resolve to complete the demo! Updated the original post with some screenshots of some of the opening map sequences that I've been working on (slowly) for the past couple months.

Villhelm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Minor update to the plot synopsis of the main post that introduces a few of the setting details that have been shaking out.

Villhelm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Updated the main post with some new art assets for the map and characters.

Map Texture: https://shadowhousecreations.blogspot.com/search/label/Textures

For the busts I stitched together VX ACE portraits with MV faces. Credits to:
- RPG MAKER VX Ace Preorder Exclusive Bonus Materials ((C) 2012 ENTERBRAIN, INC.)
- Some detail pieces taken from @Archeia and Penta
- @maigmemple and Kadokawa for some of the hair assets
- @hiddenone for the Elven Ears

I've also been working to replace Yanfly's CTB with FallenOlivia's OTB system. Screenshot below!
1595601751201.png

Villhelm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
So I’ve been sitting on Moghunter’s fast travel plugin since 2016 and finally decided to dig up some UI pieces and try to implement it. Here’s a screenshot of the world map for the opening sequence.
9070B15D-97AE-4A2C-B8CC-349286756E2A.png
Credits to:
Moghunter for the plugin (https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/rmv-fast-travel/)

Fuffydud for the banners (https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/fuffyduds-mv-decor-wall-art-etc.99808/#post-1099245)

Liu Zishan for the painting in the description:

And some opengameart.net UI assets:

Last edited:

Villhelm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
A couple updates:
  • Added a dashing animation for the main character
  • New title screen
  • I've been playing around with SRD Camera plugins and using a closer default zoom, I've been updating maps based on this and some new tilesets I've acquired from Kokoro Reflections and elsewhere on the forums
Title Screen
1609266244880.png

Cathedral Interior
1609266261402.png

Party Member Sprites
1609266293535.png

Cathedral Exterior
1609266345050.png

Cyricene Knights
1609266374600.png

(WIP) City Gate
1609266409117.png

Dash GIF (Still some work to do on the hair)
Vilhelm_Dash.gif

Villhelm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I can't believe it's been over a year since last posting here but I've been heads down refactoring the prologue of the game. Here's a little teaser of the intro sequence:

Villhelm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Another lengthy period between posts but I'm back with a revamped skill showcase for Vilhelm!

A big part of this update is that I've integrated https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/battle-formation-ver-1-7.117104/ (and updated all of Vilhelm's action sequences) so that the game now supports Front / Back / Pincer attacks!

This also happens to show a lot of miscellaneous improvements made to the battle UI, including a new set of timed attack graphics for the character, better state differentiation by categories, and new buff / debuff animations. Let me know what you think!

trexrell

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Awesome! I loved what you did with those action sequences!

Villhelm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks @trexrell! I'm a little ashamed it took 4 years from the time you delivered that spritesheet to get to this point, but the attacks have gone through a couple iterations to get here, and I got sidetracked on other aspects of the demo...

Very impressed with your work though, and very happy with the (almost finished) product we put together!

Latest Profile Posts

War and Wonder is a 100% choice-based open-world visual novel.
1664821313732.png
1664821466359.png
1664821547746.png
Going live soon on Twitch, and will continue Fortunastreet's game "Verloren". For those who are curious, you are welcome to join ;)

-> Franz' Twitch channel
still cursed with having an issue then solving it myself as soon as someone else explains it to me/is trying to help.

sure hope nobody thinks im weird not responding to them after they're only trying to help.
Erecting a giant stone monolith and inscribing the words "keep it simple stupid" upon it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one_games