Not open for further replies.

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
((Are we, as characters, supposed to know about these roles? This is probably me not understanding the game super well here. But, doesn't that fall under meta-gaming? Sorry if this is an ignorant question haha it just seems strange to me from a roleplay standpoint that we would know - there's a seer, there's a gunner, that's a etc etc etc ))

(( @Archeia ))

Ralph

Retired Badass
Restaff Lead
Reaction score
First Language
Fantasy Heroics
((You guys weren't supposed to know the roles. Thats meta gaming.))

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
(( This is what I thought. xD I will try to respond without hinting towards the roles or anything like that. ))

"So you're saying someone knew Kloe was innocent and hung her anyway? That applies to most of us here. How many of us honestly thought that Kloe was a monster? We thought her a liar, we thought her a misguided fool, and I'm quite sure many of us found her annoying. Last night was a desperate act. It was all we had to go on; but I can't speak for all of us perhaps, but speaking as myself -- deep down, I didn't buy it. I voted it, but I didn't believe in it. Just like tonight. I feel where ever I cast my vote it will be done without any confidence. I did let an innocent villager hang last night. And although I can assure you I had no divine intervention from the gods to confirm it, I didn't believe she was a monster. I don't think any of us did. Besides her tall tales, what evidence did we actually have that supported what we did? An open cell? Pah!"

"I appreciate your trust, but I think you're giving me far too much credit when you say I wouldn't let an innocent girl die. Because you and I both did. If your detective eye is as good as you claim, then you should have known that the evidence pointing towards Kloe was bare thin. All of us knew it. When I said that hanging Kloe was in the best interest for this village, I meant it. Not because she was a monster, but because her lies were stopping us from finding the truth. I thought it was out of a malicious attempt, some sick revenge against us for treating her badly the first day - some desperate attempt to join Harold again in death; but when I heard about Therese trying to give Kloe the potion, I wanted to puke and break down. We could have helped her if we knew more. We could have cured her!! Believe me, that guilt is going to stick with me for the rest of my life."

"Last night, six of us voted to hang Kloe. You ( @Little Paw ), myself, Katt, Crystal, Alex, Rouge, and Jeff. Three people voted differently. Commando, Ace, and Taarna. Does it mean anything? I don't know anymore. I suppose three of us slept with a clear conscious last night, while six of us had to face reality. We killed a little girl. A sick, sad little girl. And yet, it scares me because when I weigh the progress we made today against what we did yesterday - some black, dark hole in my chest tells me we made the right choice. If someone did honestly know the truth, perhaps they too felt the same twisted and horrible way."

"I'm human. Far too human. But..."

She laughs tired and sad.

"Perhaps the only way to catch a monster, is by becoming ones ourselves."

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
(( going #OFFLINE I'll set an alarm to wake up with enough time to read whatever developments come from here and cast my vote. :S whatever that's going to be ))

AceTheMad

Village Madman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
"I was against the hanging of Kloe from the beginning, I would like to point out. It was your idea. Not mine." Ace muttered, sitting on the ground.

JCBrickston

Joshua Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
words of spake
Primarily Uses
N/A
(( Sean Connery from First Knight knows what happens when you hang people (like @Kloe) without just cause. Just like he told Lancelot after Lancelot smooched the lady Guinevere: "The law will judge you!" Except, Sean Connery said it kinda like this: "The larw will jardge yuuuu!!!" ))

(( If King Arthur Connery were here, we'd have some justice in this town. But noooo! He got pumped full of arrows at the end of that film. ))

@Archeia (( I just wanted to make sure I did my lynch vote right this time around. But mine is for @Lynch @Little Paw . I know it's probably a pain for you to have to go back and re-read through the many pages here. But the Commando is now at war with Little Paw, and he refuses to look back. This could end in graphic cartoon violence. In fact, I'd say there is some downright awful mcnastiness on the way. ))

The Larw!.png

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
((Sure, it's no problem, I always reread back to be sure I didn't miss anything and think a lot of ways to screw with the everyone at the same time))

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
(( oh no! We've bored the beautiful Terrence to sleep. Now how will I ask him to get me my keys back ;o; ))

Little Paw

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
(OoC: Er... Sorry about the whole meta-gaming thing. Didn't know I wasn't supposed to do that~ I guess that's just my Town of Salem history doing the thinking for me.)

Alicia still sits down on the edge of the hanging platform.

"So I guess townies wanna lynch me, eh? Figures. I'm useless anyway. I'm just a humble Villager, much like our dear departed Kloe. But if you do decide to hang me, I suggest you keep my words in mind. Focus on the culprit, not on silly plagues and such. Dallying too much will bring about the culprit's victory. You may soon find yourself on the wrong side of a Wolves & Sheep Puzzle, if you're not careful."

Ksi

~RTP Princess~
Reaction score
First Language
English
We already determined it wasn't a plague, Little, if you'd actually taken the time to listen to what anyone was saying besides yourself. There was a whole part of dialogue about how it was, instead, gasses and that was important because NOW WE KNOW what was causing the craziness that was happening. Which is something we needed to know. NO EVIDENCE IS UNIMPORTANT! It helps us piece together the whys and hows and THAT is all important information, which you'd know if you had even a lick of common sense in that head o' yours.

I also pointed out earlier that a possible significance to the removal of the bodies is that it may have been used to cover up the importance of one particular body - Elly's - who we know is the first body to have gone missing because the Capital's Doctor managed to check all the other bodies over for us, but not hers. Hers is the body that started the disappearances, and it was moved a lot earlier than the others, if the dried blood and footprints that were at the bar (before it was burned out) was any indication. The only other body that would have any relevance is Yule's. The other bodies were removed so that we'd be sent chasing our own tails trying to find out the truth behind the body removals.

AceTheMad

Village Madman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
"I'm still for Lynch Zortic. I find him suspicious."

I meant Zortik. And Edit's not working again...-.-

JCBrickston

Joshua Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
words of spake
Primarily Uses
N/A
"As of now, I'm the only one who voted to lynch you, Alicia. Or I think I am at least."

-Turns to Ace -

"I found Zortik a little suspicious as well, but truth be told, aren't we all in a way. I just thought his urgency to hang Alex at first was a little messed up. Then when we kind of called him out on it, he changed his tune slightly. He decided to un-lynch Alex, but it was definitely a little bit of an instant mood swing. I still say there's not enough evidence, but I'm watching him closely."

Captain Commando McPeters Sr. Jr. III.jpg

Meanwhile...

((Why is Terrence sitting on one of those cool little Jedi pillows that Mace Windu and Yoda have in their super cool thinking room? haha. And you'll have to forgive me since this is my first time in a roleplaying event, but is there something I should be saying to Terrence to get something going? It's almost like he's just chilling out, waiting for one of us to approach him. ))

JCBrickston

Joshua Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
words of spake
Primarily Uses
N/A
((Haha, okay. I see...Well now I feel a little awkward about approaching him. I have absolutely nothing to say. Maybe I should get a cool little cushion and sit next to him. If he looks over at me, I'll just say: "What? I can't sit here or somethin'?"))

TheAlexG

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alex would finally come to his senses, and would face Alicia ( @Little Paw ) ((I figured we weren't supposed to know all that stuff, so I will try to keep in line as if she said something without mentioning roles and all)).

"Alright little girl, let me go step by step. Commando I feel is not guilty due to his willingness to step forth and admit to what he had done in concerns to Yule. Again, actions speak louder to words to me, and this said something. Additionally, we have already given reason as to why Yule could have possibly come back, and Elly. Our theories are not completely perfect, but neither do they come from the idea of undead, but that perhaps that their deaths were false to begin with. Much like the case of Yule, it was possible that Commando knocked him out, not killing him, as he did not check the body to be sure. He merely presumed. If that is indeed the case, he is not a murderer, but merely a person of ill fortune and circumstance. Second, while many have indeed brought forth information and theory as to myself being the culprit, as you can see, I and others have been able to bring forth evidence and theories to counter such ideas, and in turn, for the most part, it has been weighted that I am someone of trust and can be seen that I am trying to solve the situation at hand. Now, that said...."

He would take another deep breath, before continuing.

"YOU are the only one so far the has separated from the group multiple times to complete your own objectives. You have also been shown now, multiple times, to throw out evidence that would suggest we might be on the right track. You have also changed the idea and skewed the facts multiple times and occasions, as while we were all getting on the same train of thought, much to like Katt said, you have been the one to try and consider it wrong, and convince us that we're somehow thinking something different. I believe this is your way of possibly moving us away from this train of thought, and onto another. Additionally your actions and choices have been twisted and lacking of sense, with little to no explanation behind them other then 'Trust me, I know what I'm doing'. I find that suspicious at best, as you're expecting everyone to just take your word for it in the guise of you being somehow some great mind or detective. No one is falling for it. Our biggest issue so far is your actions today, and with the house. We've provided multiple questions for you at this time, and either you've given us a poor reason, or once again claimed you knew better then the general idea of others, and acted on your own. You have, additionally, continued to ignore any line of questioning concerning yourself with the house, that you blew up once again, because you thought didn't matter. Like we have mentioned, it was obviously important, at it has led us not on a theory of zombies, but instead gasses and the possibility of something different going on. I will repeat what I asked earlier, and I want a straight answer, and not one about just having a theory, and acting on your own, without any further explanation;  it looked like you had a hammer in your hand. I have never heard of anyone thinking of using a hammer to set fire to vines. Usually they're used to smash things. On top of which, I was sure I heard you mention something about inside the House. However, you told us that you wanted to gain the same effect that me and Makio had. This doesn't make any sense, and is a serious contradiction to your story! If you wanted the same effect that me and Makio got, you would have hit the vines with the hammer!"

He'd then give a piercing stare at Alicia, shaking your head.

"Honestly, you've been the most suspect to many of the most important parts of this case, and it seems you're only reasoning for it is that you thought you knew better then everyone, and that we'd just have to believe you. No one has ever given ideas or the like to suggest otherwise at these crucial moments, except you. If you are indeed innocent, then there would be an explanation to this, and at the moment, there is none."

JCBrickston

Joshua Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
words of spake
Primarily Uses
N/A
(( @Archeia What's he a jerk or something?...I see. Well, if that's the case, I won't start anything with him, because if he lips off to the Commando, it won't end well, and the Commando will wind up blowing Terrence up, as well as all his guards, and the rest of the world, and that would completely kill the game. So, I'll go sit over with Alex or something haha ))

JCBrickston

Joshua Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
words of spake
Primarily Uses
N/A
((Oh man... Terrence is Frankenstein... I knew it. ))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Super stoked i just finished my first town in my project, by finished i mean i can always add more decorative aesthetics and the NPCs don't talk yet but the mapping is complete and all the important chess pieces are present!
My brain: Hey, I have an idea how to make the transition to the main story quest in The Wastes more natural!
Me: Good!
My brain: You need to remake the hotel you start out in, it's not realistic enough.
Me: Ok... This was unexpected, but I can do it.
My brain: Now make each hotel floor 5 times as large to match the main part. Oh, you also need to make a bunch of new npcs to fill in the space on these maps.
Me: Crap.
Should be able to release Haxe MV/MZ next weekend.
It look that somehow MZ tracks are messed up (for example battle4 is obviously a theme, castle2 is a ship, ship1 is a scene and so on..). Maybe they just named them after with some ambiguity.
is there a script call that return how much turn has passed in battle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aboyhazard